PDA

View Full Version : Rainy Tuesday...

SarasotaRepub
12-09-2008, 07:27 AM
52 degrees here and wet, no heavy rain as of yet but at least no snow!

TOTD: The Company Christmas Party! Yes...I said CHRISTMAS, not Holiday.:mad:
Any change in status this year from last at your place of employment?

We are having two like last year. One given by the company and one by
a company we do a lot of bidness with. Having them at the same two really
good restaurants we were at last year also.

Living in La
12-09-2008, 07:58 AM
High of 74 today with thunderstorms. Would be great if I didn't have to drive in it.

TOTD: Since I work mostly out of my home office, no company Christmas party except for making cookiies with youngest daughter. Hubby works fr the Parish and they are having a potluck, but last year the company he worked for rented the top floor and balcony of the Cat's Meow in the Quarter. This year they are giving out turkeys instead.

Gingersnap
12-09-2008, 09:49 AM
It's about 20 F here with a lot of snow. I didn't have any trouble on the roads but a lot of other people did. :eek:

TOTD: We are having a "holiday" potluck which will be held in one of our tech centers. A more cheerless environment would be difficult to imagine. The tech centers are essentially cavernous hangers where we test cars (sometimes to destruction).

I'm skipping it. I have a lot of work to do and driving out there to stand around in a big warehouse for a couple of hours isn't my idea of fun.

asdf2231
12-09-2008, 12:44 PM
Rainy, huh?

We got 6-8 inches of snow on the ground with 3-5 coming down today. Snow day for the kids and it looks like Ice Station Zebra out there. :D

TOTD

My wife's company rents out this huge facility on Lake Menona and has a "Holiday" party in mid January. It is a painfully awkward affair and she practically has to put a gun to my head every year to get me to go along and meet hundreds of people I will never interact with past the three minutes it takes me to forget their names and the food is generally appalling.

Bubba Dawg
12-09-2008, 09:35 PM
My office, and we are a small crew, will go out to a nice restaurant and fellowship together. It will be for Christmas. And it will be I'm sure, as it has been in the past, a very nice get-together.

Good food and drink, and good company. I expect it to be really nice.

SaintLouieWoman
12-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Last year we had out Christmas party at a bowling alley with very bad food, worse than normal bowling alley food. This was the first company party that SR attended with me. The previous ones were fairly nice.

This year we're having no Christmas party. Apparently everyone was getting upset about it, so now we're having a "holiday" party in January. If it snows too much, I'll skip it.

My sis works for a large law firm. They normally have very elegant Christmas parties. This year there is no party, no bonuses, no raises. Things are getting scarey out there.

ralph wiggum
12-09-2008, 10:36 PM
Last year we had out Christmas party at a bowling alley with very bad food, worse than normal bowling alley food.

Is there any good bowling alley food? :confused:

:D

djones520
12-10-2008, 01:56 AM
Don't count your chickens yet Sarasota. There will most likely be snow coming down when you wake up.

SarasotaRepub
12-10-2008, 08:44 AM
Don't count your chickens yet Sarasota. There will most likely be snow coming down when you wake up.

Ha,ha! Sooo sorry. No snow. :p:D

SaintLouieWoman
12-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Is there any good bowling alley food? :confused:

:D

I doubt it. But last year it was really, really bad food. SR likes fried stuff. I hate it. But he wouldn't eat all that fried and dried out food. Blech, it was awful.

lacarnut
12-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Rainy, cold, grey day in south Louisiana.

I will call up a couple of my lady friends I used to work with and we will go to Parrain's seafood restaurant. The best food in Baton Rouge.

djones520
12-11-2008, 04:36 AM
Ha,ha! Sooo sorry. No snow. :p:D

Yeah, it was about 1 county south of here.