PDA

View Full Version : Hey, guys...DU banned me, but for no apparent reason

Elspeth
06-18-2008, 07:24 PM
I never made any ban-able posts. I always kept my cool and never allowed myself to get involved in emotion rancour that would cause me to say anything I would regret.

Because they could not ban me following their own rules, they banned me secretly. I found out today when I tried to log in. Is it just me, or is the banning of independent thought the beginning of something more?

I will also take the opportunity to thank you all for having an open forum with plenty of disagreement. :)

Phillygirl
06-18-2008, 07:25 PM
I never made any ban-able posts. I always kept my cool and never allowed myself to get involved in emotion rancour that would cause me to say anything I would regret.

Because they could not ban me following their own rules, they banned me secretly. I found out today when I tried to log in. Is it just me, or is the banning of independent thought the beginning of something more?

I will also take the opportunity to thank you all for having an open forum with plenty of disagreement. :)

They banned you because they discovered you were posting here. It's a bannable offense there. Didn't you know?

Elspeth
06-18-2008, 07:26 PM
They banned you because they discovered you were posting here. It's a bannable offense there. Didn't you know?

Nope, I didn't. How do you know they found out?

Phillygirl
06-18-2008, 07:31 PM

Just by virtue of the fact that you are banned. It happens frequently. CU is the site that can not be named. And the fact that you posted here, under the same name, and then are mysteriously banned confirms it. Also, you spoke disparagingly of the Messianic candidate. It was sure to cause a banning.

SarasotaRepub
06-18-2008, 07:37 PM
I'm really surprised it took them this long to TS you! They are always reading
B/W and must have seen your name. Oh well, some Mod finally woke up. :D

Elspeth
06-18-2008, 07:45 PM
I'm really surprised it took them this long to TS you! They are always reading
B/W and must have seen your name. Oh well, some Mod finally woke up. :D

Well, I always post under my own name. I see no reason for sock puppets.

The place is pretty dull now, anyway, except for the loonies. The really thoughtful people have all left. A lot of them were Clinton supporters but a lot of them just got sick and tired of the gang tactics over there. It was like being jumped in an alley every time you went over there.

Doc Savage
06-18-2008, 07:46 PM
Your ability to communicate rationally with conservatives or others on this board is against the acceptable norms or the hive. If you are able to articulate a coherent thought without the help of the dummies, you are over qualified for DU. Therefore, you must be banned.

Elspeth
06-18-2008, 07:47 PM
Your ability to communicate rationally with conservatives or others on this board is against the acceptable norms or the hive. If you are able to articulate a coherent thought without the help of the dummies, you are over qualified for DU. Therefore, you must be banned.

LOL!!!!!!:D

Thank you. I appreciate it.

Kimberly
06-18-2008, 08:12 PM

Uppityperson regularly lurks here and looks for trolls. Yesterday I saw a thread where several duers were gloating about your banning, but I can't find it now. Also, you were a Hillary supporter, and I imagine that probably had something to do with it too.

megimoo
06-18-2008, 08:19 PM

I will also take the opportunity to thank you all for having an open forum with plenty of disagreement. :)Rejoice and be very glad .You have been tried and found wanting by the loonies bin ,You must be normal !

Zathras
06-18-2008, 08:33 PM

Heh heh, and the DUmmys say we're the ones trying to shut the opposition up. I say let them speak and show themselves to be the fools they truly are...on a daily basis at the D.U.M.B.

Elspeth
06-18-2008, 08:39 PM
Uppityperson regularly lurks here and looks for trolls. Yesterday I saw a thread where several duers were gloating about your banning, but I can't find it now. Also, you were a Hillary supporter, and I imagine that probably had something to do with it too.

Find the thread for me. I have some scores to settle. :)

Elspeth
06-18-2008, 08:40 PM

Yesterday? I didn't even know I was banned yesterday. What did they do, make a public announcement?

Elspeth
06-18-2008, 08:42 PM
Rejoice and be very glad .You have been tried and found wanting by the loonies bin ,You must be normal !

Yes, I guess so. :D

BSR
06-18-2008, 08:47 PM
You have finally broken free from the hive. Congrats, we should throw a party.:)

Elspeth
06-18-2008, 09:01 PM
You have finally broken free from the hive. Congrats, we should throw a party.:)

YES! Party! A little champagne. :D

InspiredHome
06-18-2008, 09:15 PM
No cheetos though. And we're all out of tinfoil party hats. :D

Elspeth
06-18-2008, 09:40 PM
I was sent the list by a friend still on DU. :)

Binka Donating Member
14. Oh Thank You Mods! That One Was Extremely Pernicious
It had ISSUES!

Binka refused to believe I was female AND didn't very much like donuts. All the same, I say if he/she/it is lurking, "Binka my love!" (And you thought I had forgotten...)

TahitiNut
Response to Reply #14
64. And then some! Updated at 1:30 AM

(Checking off another name on my list.)

This guy, who apparently has some issues which I can't talk about, accused me of wanting to scream the N-word because I asked why the C-word was ok on DU but the N-word was not. I had him on ignore because he was such a blatant woman-hater.

Occam Bandage
3. Considering it was a frequent poster (and scorner of DU) on The Unmentionable Site,

I'm surprised it only now went down.

The secret, Occam's Bandage, is that I never lost my cool and you always did. It took posting on CU to get rid of me.

Genevieve Donating Member (851 posts)

11. It certainly was. Linking DU's threads

to that place and thinking he/she is so smart.

And it's still very busy posting it' spoison there.

(I practically begged the Mods to check it out -- so happy they complied!)

Everyone wave to Genevieve now. :D

Binka

36. I Just Get The OPs Post Nothing More?

Right click or left click on printer friendly version? Thanks I have a massive hangover today and I just can't make my computer work. I feel like taking a nap under my desk!

Poor, poor binka. Nasty hangover.

Now we know why his/her/its posts never made any sense. :)

thecatburgler
9. I saw that one coming weeks ago.

She thought she was clever. She wasn't.

Catburglar accused my family of being white supremacists because I was a Hillary supporter. She wasn't and isn't bright at all, but she can yell racism with the rest of them.

sniffa

'Nuff said.

LowerManhattanite
Response to Reply #32
93. And she had a weird crush on you too, dog LOL! n/t

Yes, sadly I am now separated from my dear sniffa!
Donut, dear?

Binka Donating Member
40. Els was just Sooooo Icky
The others were so obvious, Els thought she was foolin folks. Fuck him/her/IT!

Elspeth never fooled anyone dear. That wasn't her point. Elspeth has been a Democrat all her life.

Not any more thanks to DU.

thewiseguy

84. Elspeth was an obvious freeper. Glad to see him gone.

Elspeth is a female and has been a Democrat for 20 years.

Thewiseguy
88. Elspeth was the most significant IMO.

He was posting on a freeper website under the same handle while spreading his bogus rubbish on DU. I am amazed at how his presence was tolerated here for so long.

Why is it if you have good arguments and maintain your composure, you're male? I am female, a lifelong Democrat, and now am posting in a place where I don't get ganged up on every time I have a differing opinion.

jgraz Donating Member
90. Moreso than Tellurian or OzarkDem?

Personally, those two were a much bigger pain in my balls.

These posters were intelligent and insightful. No wonder they had to go: they reminded jgraz that he had pain where his balls should have been.

thewiseguy
104. Elspeth was no democrat. He posts on a freeper site.

Are you suggesting that we unite we freepers?

Elspeth was a Democrat for 20 years. She (yes, female) came to CU out of desperation after having been called a white supremacist (etc.) for having supported Hillary Clinton.

muriel_volestrangler
Response to Original message
108. Locking

Please rein in the grave dancing. It is not conducive to a post-primary united atmosphere.

LOL!!!!!!! Without grave dancing, DU would be totally lifeless.

We know the numbers are going down and Skinner must be desperate now for more members to read the plethora of ads he allows on there.

Hey Skinner,

That's what happens when you let college kids with no money run the site into the ground. The people with money--that is the adults--leave and take their credit cards with them. The adults, btw, were also the most interesting posters. Now, all you have over there is a frat hangout where the current crop of DUers get wasted, rape the girls, and haze the new bros.

InspiredHome
06-18-2008, 09:50 PM
DU is overflowing with exceptional insight and wisdom. :rolleyes:

Dan D. Doty
06-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Rejoice and be very glad .You have been tried and found wanting by the loonies bin ,You must be normal !

You see Elspeth you are willing to discussing any issue , or subject with all kinds of people; you're willing to test the metal of your beliefs.

Moonbats only want their's parroted back at them; the echo chamber.

You are more open minded and open hearted with hate towards none.

Moonbats can't stand those who are not slaves to their hate, which of course, you are not.

Rejoice.

And Hi Genevieve.

How joining the discussing instead of just peeping in the window.
Just remember Genevieve, any idea, or belief not worth defending is not worth having.

Kimberly
06-18-2008, 10:49 PM
Yesterday? I didn't even know I was banned yesterday. What did they do, make a public announcement?

Here's the first one I saw. Apparently it happened on Monday:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x6355987#6362004

thewiseguy (1000+ posts) Mon Jun-16-08 01:28 PM
Response to Reply #67
94. Nice to see you finally got your pizza. Rethug.

JVS (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-17-08 08:58 AM
Response to Reply #94
97. Awesome!

Another thread:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x6372975#6373035

chimpsrsmarter (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-17-08 01:06 AM
Response to Original message
51. this primary brought out some ugly things in people i never would have expected.
one of them used to post in gd and i liked their threads, they came in here and it was like a different person. One of them that got banned yesterday actually posts at a freeper board and it sure looks like she's a McCain supporter, she is no democrat.

Lager
06-18-2008, 11:13 PM
There're only three types of posters they want on the site. The first is one that regularly directs venom or manufactured hatred toward CEOs, republicans, republican office holders, conservative ideals, conservatives in general, religious believers, white folks from the south, and of course GWB.
The second is the type of poster who can be easily be shamed or embarrased and forced to back track on a position because the internet bullies think it's too centrist. "Oh.....you think the capital gains tax should not be raised? Sounds like a Freeper!" "What....? you don't think it's nice to call Clarence Thomas or Condi Rice Uncle Tom's or other racial adjectives? You sure you aren't on the wrong site?" "Huh, you say you don't think Tim Russert was a right wing whore? Enjoy your stay....."
The third type of poster is just the basic cheerleader who either affirms, parrots or grovels and is nice to have around to let the older annointed ones know how creative, or insightful they are.

So if you aren't one of the above, or a combination of all three, you are not going to feel welcome there. Some who don't quite genuflect do survive, like OMC. But you can just imagine how many are just itchin to rag on him like they did to you, when he's shown the door.

Elspeth
06-19-2008, 01:19 AM
You see Elspeth you are willing to discussing any issue , or subject with all kinds of people; you're willing to test the metal of your beliefs.

Moonbats only want their's parroted back at them; the echo chamber.

You are more open minded and open hearted with hate towards none.

Moonbats can't stand those who are not slaves to their hate, which of course, you are not.

Rejoice.

And Hi Genevieve.

How joining the discussing instead of just peeping in the window.
Just remember Genevieve, any idea, or belief not worth defending is not worth having.

Thank you for this post. And your last sentence is a gem!

Elspeth
06-19-2008, 01:22 AM
Here's the first one I saw. Apparently it happened on Monday:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x6355987#6362004

Another thread:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x6372975#6373035

Isn't it ironic that the first DU thread is where I am arguing for a plurality of Englishes. I am actually arguing that elitism is not a good practice. If that makes me a Republican, then what are the Democrats about? I thought the Democratic party was about not being elitist. And back when I joined the party, it wasn't. Something has really changed.

Elspeth
06-19-2008, 01:29 AM
There're only three types of posters they want on the site. The first is one that regularly directs venom or manufactured hatred toward CEOs, republicans, republican office holders, conservative ideals, conservatives in general, religious believers, white folks from the south, and of course GWB.
The second is the type of poster who can be easily be shamed or embarrased and forced to back track on a position because the internet bullies think it's too centrist. "Oh.....you think the capital gains tax should not be raised? Sounds like a Freeper!" "What....? you don't think it's nice to call Clarence Thomas or Condi Rice Uncle Tom's or other racial adjectives? You sure you aren't on the wrong site?" "Huh, you say you don't think Tim Russert was a right wing whore? Enjoy your stay....."
The third type of poster is just the basic cheerleader who either affirms, parrots or grovels and is nice to have around to let the older annointed ones know how creative, or insightful they are.

So if you aren't one of the above, or a combination of all three, you are not going to feel welcome there. Some who don't quite genuflect do survive, like OMC. But you can just imagine how many are just itchin to rag on him like they did to you, when he's shown the door.

Operation Mind Crime does manage to stay afloat, doesn't he. People with lesser "sins" have been banned from the board, but he does ok. Also, there was someone called Redstone (I think it was Redstone) who seemed to be quite rational.

But you're right: I am not a knee jerk spewer of any dogma, I am not shamed into anything, and I am no cheerleader. All I kept trying to do was to point out that THEIR OWN BEHAVIOR toward Hillary supporters or those not in love with Obama was causing people to leave and to consider voting for other candidates. That's all.

Amazing that for that message I was called every racist name in the book. But since I can post it here, I will say, if you use the c-word and leave it up on the board all day, there are a lot of women who will be repelled and perhaps they will rethink their membership in a party that is willing to allow it, especially when a similarly hateful word for any other group would be removed.

Gingersnap
06-19-2008, 10:29 AM
Nobody has ever been banned on CU for supporting a particular candidate or for holding divergent political or social views. Some have been banned for being dickheads but that's due to behavior not belief.

To the DUmp, all true blue Democrats have to support a rigid set of positions without any question. They all must avoid any non-hive information or conversation. They all have to support the official "enemies" list.

It's exactly like being a 13 year old girl in the cool girls' clique except without the cute clothes. :rolleyes:

Molon Labe
06-19-2008, 11:36 AM
You will find that free speech and dissent isn't tolerated often on political forums. Isn't that Ironic in America...who goes around selling Democracy to everyone else?

This is the first place I've been where the debate is Conservative, but is truly open to allowing the other side and even stupidity. I'm sure there are others, but I haven't seen them yet.

Elspeth
06-19-2008, 11:37 AM
Nobody has ever been banned on CU for supporting a particular candidate or for holding divergent political or social views. Some have been banned for being dickheads but that's due to behavior not belief.

To the DUmp, all true blue Democrats have to support a rigid set of positions without any question. They all must avoid any non-hive information or conversation. They all have to support the official "enemies" list.

It's exactly like being a 13 year old girl in the cool girls' clique except without the cute clothes. :rolleyes:

It is kind of like an episode of "Mean Girls," isn't it. :)

Molon Labe
06-19-2008, 11:42 AM

Good one.......WE'VE GOT SOMEONE WITH A VOCABULARY PEOPLE!!!:D

Good analysis as well. I find it intereting that the one's that scream loudest about tolerance have none.

Elspeth
06-19-2008, 11:45 AM
I find it interesting that the ones that scream loudest about tolerance have none.

There's something very profound in that statement, Molon Labe. I think the answer is that the screamers want everyone to be tolerant of THEM but they shouldn't have to return the favor to anyone else. It's a one way street: you give us what we want or you're intolerant. We, however, can spit on you with impunity.

And I think, in the end, that gives the lie to the whole thing. They are like badly behaved teenagers who want and feel entitled to everything their parents do for them but who can't even be bothered to get a $2 mother's day card or father's day card in return.

Molon Labe
06-19-2008, 12:15 PM
There's something very profound in that statement, Molon Labe. I think the answer is that the screamers want everyone to be tolerant of THEM but they shouldn't have to return the favor to anyone else. It's a one way street: you give us what we want or you're intolerant. We, however, can spit on you with impunity.

And I think, in the end, that gives the lie to the whole thing. They are like badly behaved teenagers who want and feel entitled to everything their parents do for them but who can't even be bothered to get a $2 mother's day card or father's day card in return.

Not saying we aren't all capable of intolerance even as Conservatives.....but let me tell a story.

I collect political buttons.

During the 04' election I asked my wife to drop by the local Democratic headquarters to pick up Kerry button for me. She is not political at all ...and doesn't tend to get into discourse as I do.

At the headquarters she saw an old friend who was supporting Kerry and talked to her for several minutes. There was no animosity between them.

As the conversation progressed more volunteers got into the conversation....but the mistake came when she answered another volunteer's question ...."So are voting for Kerry?" Well...when she said she was voting for Bush...she just wanted a button for her husband...the whole place erupted.

Her friend pretty much stayed out of it...but every volunteer started murmuring and then when she continued to stay and talk to her friend...they went and got the headquaters manager to throw her out. He was belligerant and got into her face......It was unbelieveably telling.

I've been collecting these things for over 20 years and I haven't ever run into this type of thing...but I learned alot that day about the kind of tolerance praciticed by the Democrats in my home town.

SarasotaRepub
06-19-2008, 02:13 PM
And where else but DU will you find the stories about ending a marriage/friendship/relationship due to politics. Politics is an intertesting function in our society but it'll be a cold day in Hell before
I let it rule my life like many of the DUmmies do.

And the Mental Health and Astrology sections are just pure Gold on DU. It's like shooting fish in a barrel...

:D Enjoy your stay here Elspeth, DU's loss is CU's gain.

Elspeth
06-19-2008, 04:00 PM
And where else but DU will you find the stories about ending a marriage/friendship/relationship due to politics. Politics is an intertesting function in our society but it'll be a cold day in Hell before
I let it rule my life like many of the DUmmies do.

And the Mental Health and Astrology sections are just pure Gold on DU. It's like shooting fish in a barrel...

:D Enjoy your stay here Elspeth, DU's loss is CU's gain.

Hey Sarasota,

If I did those hug things, you'd be getting one. As I don't, I salute you instead. :)

Dan D. Doty
06-19-2008, 09:58 PM
Thank you for this post. And your last sentence is a gem!

You're very welcomed :D

Vepr
06-20-2008, 08:58 AM
I got banned in 2004 after being a long time member. They knew I was somewhat conservative especially on fiscal issues and the 2nd amendment but seemed to tolerate it until I suggested that they sky was not falling after the elections. Insta-ban because they were in full melt down, Bush will have us all in concentration camps mode and did not want to hear that not much was going to change.

Elspeth
06-20-2008, 09:50 AM
I got banned in 2004 after being a long time member. They knew I was somewhat conservative especially on fiscal issues and the 2nd amendment but seemed to tolerate it until I suggested that they sky was not falling after the elections. Insta-ban because they were in full melt down, Bush will have us all in concentration camps mode and did not want to hear that not much was going to change.

It's true that you have to buy in to the mass psychosis over there. It really has turned into a hate site. The sad thing is it could have done a lot of good. There were some very bright people (at one time) discussing very important political issues.

Now, it is just a giant daycare center with incompetent nannies at the helm. The best and the brightest have left, with a few exceptions, like Plaid Adder. The rest of the remaining DU posters are the most ignorant and most excitable of the lot. And the mods seem to have given them carte blanche to feed their own terror fantasies and to label any mild disagreement as a form of "racism" or betrayal to the Democratic party, the nation, or world peace.

By the way, there is a site called Progressive Independent which Lerkfish belonged to. Lerkfish put up a list in PI which targeted a bunch of intelligent and well reasoned Hillary Clinton supporters. One by one, that list of people has been shrinking as long-time posters are being tombstoned. (Progressive Independent, BTW, is a very anti-Israel site.) I don't know what the connection is as Lerkfish often complained about DU himself, but his list seems to have a lot in common with that of the DU mods.

MoshMasterD
06-21-2008, 01:46 PM
Well, I always post under my own name. I see no reason for sock puppets.

The place is pretty dull now, anyway, except for the loonies. The really thoughtful people have all left. A lot of them were Clinton supporters but a lot of them just got sick and tired of the gang tactics over there. It was like being jumped in an alley every time you went over there.

I find it yet funny. The looney Melanie (aka The1one) posted here plenty of times and yet not banned.

Elspeth
06-21-2008, 03:05 PM
I find it yet funny. The looney Melanie (aka The1one) posted here plenty of times and yet not banned.

Well if you want looney...

www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=132&topic_id=6392305&mesg_id=6393375

Bubba Dawg
06-21-2008, 05:18 PM
Hello Elspeth. Welcome.

I used to post at DU. I didn't get kicked out but just left in disgust at what was going on (and that was well before the war between the the Hillary Supporters and the followers of the Messiah). The screeds became too numerous and shrill.

I've been following, and being involved in, politics since the Carter years. I've never seen the level of visceral hatred and nastiness exhibited by the followers of Obama. Any challenge to the magic thinking is jumped on and stomped immediately. It is ugly and unfortunate, and ultimately unnecessary as well as counterproductive to their own cause.

I'm not trying to lay the blame for this behavior at Obama's feet, but am saying that there is a disturbing quality to the responses of some of his followers. It sounds like your voice of reason was drowned out in the din of a madhouse.

Sorry that happened to you.

hampshirebrit
06-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Elspeth, welcome home to CU.

It's good to see you here.

Elspeth
06-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Hello Elspeth. Welcome.

I used to post at DU. I didn't get kicked out but just left in disgust at what was going on (and that was well before the war between the the Hillary Supporters and the followers of the Messiah). The screeds became too numerous and shrill.

I've been following, and being involved in, politics since the Carter years. I've never seen the level of visceral hatred and nastiness exhibited by the followers of Obama. Any challenge to the magic thinking is jumped on and stomped immediately. It is ugly and unfortunate, and ultimately unnecessary as well as counterproductive to their own cause.

I'm not trying to lay the blame for this behavior at Obama's feet, but am saying that there is a disturbing quality to the responses of some of his followers. It sounds like your voice of reason was drowned out in the din of a madhouse.

Sorry that happened to you.

Thanks. And it's good to know that someone else gets it. DU is not really a safe place for the average Democrat. What worries me is that there is a pattern of abuse and threats (for which people do NOT get banned) and a pattern of banning of those who are not threatening or abusive. The recent "Messianic war" over there was different only in a matter of degree.

The fact that the very abusive, profanity-laden Frenchie Cat is allowed free reign says it all. This is a woman who wouldn't recognize a logical thought if it hit her over the head. She spends most of her time spewing profanity, threatening people, and, in general, acting like someone permanently enraged. Yet, she, and her bandwidth-hogging blog, remain, while decent posters are banned, usually when they haven't broken any of the board rules.

My own diagnosis of Frenchie Cat is that she has Generalized Anxiety Disorder, which causes her to be hypersensitive and produces a knee-jerk, off-the-charts, defensive reaction. A little Lexapro might go a long way to helping her cope with her ever-present anxiety. Meanwhile, DU is enabling her mental illness.

Bubba Dawg
06-21-2008, 05:39 PM
Thanks. And it's good to know that someone else gets it. DU is not really a safe place for the average Democrat. What worries me is that there is a pattern of abuse and threats (for which people do NOT get banned) and a pattern of banning of those who are not threatening or abusive. The recent "Messianic war" over there was different only in a matter of degree.

The fact that the very abusive, profanity-laden Frenchie Cat is allowed free reign says it all. This is a woman who wouldn't recognize a logical thought if it hit her over the head. She spends most of her time spewing profanity, threatening people, and, in general, acting like someone permanently enraged. Yet, she, and her bandwidth-hogging blog, remain, while decent posters are banned, usually when they haven't broken any of the board rules.

My own diagnosis of Frenchie Cat is that she has Generalized Anxiety Disorder, which causes her to be hypersensitive and produces a knee-jerk, off-the-charts, defensive reaction. A little Lexapro might go a long way to helping her cope with her ever-present anxiety. Meanwhile, DU is enabling her mental illness.

Your diagnosis is probably correct concerning Frenchie Cat. In addition to the Generalized Anxiety Disorder, I think she also has ocularrectumarosis, where the portion of the brain responsible for vision becomes dominated by the portion of the brain in charge of operating the lower intestine and anus, and the sufferer consequently has a shitty outlook on life.

Elspeth
06-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Your diagnosis is probably correct concerning Frenchie Cat. In addition to the Generalized Anxiety Disorder, I think she also has ocularrectumarosis, where the portion of the brain responsible for vision becomes dominated by the portion of the brain in charge of operating the lower intestine and anus, and the sufferer consequently has a shitty outlook on life.

ROFL!!!!:D

Elspeth
06-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Elspeth, welcome home to CU.

It's good to see you here.

Thank you!

everyman68
06-22-2008, 02:04 PM
FrenchieCat is passionate about whatever she believes at the time. She was as irrational and not open to debate as she was in 04 when she supported General Clark.

My problem with DU is how elastic their principles are and how they can be stretched to meet the needs of the moment...It's actually quite Leninist...

Ninety percent of them have a visceral hate for Israel but now that Obama has become a Israelphile (sic) the Israel bashing is gone...If Obama or Gore was the pres the last eight years there would have been infintely less condemnation of Israel...

Most DUmmies supported public financing...Now that Obama opposes it they do too...

Most DUmmies venerated Bill Clinton...They pilloried him this campaign season for having the audacity to support his wife's bid for the presidency...

Find a principle and stick to it.

As a life long center left Democrat I have never been so disappointed with my choices for president. I have to choose to between a seventy two year old man with health issues and a person who would never be hired as a CEO of a Dow Thirty company with such a thin resume...

Elspeth
06-22-2008, 03:02 PM
FrenchieCat is passionate about whatever she believes at the time. She was as irrational and not open to debate as she was in 04 when she supported General Clark.

My problem with DU is how elastic their principles are and how they can be stretched to meet the needs of the moment...It's actually quite Leninist...

Ninety percent of them have a visceral hate for Israel but now that Obama has become a Israelphile (sic) the Israel bashing is gone...If Obama or Gore was the pres the last eight years there would have been infintely less condemnation of Israel...

Most DUmmies supported public financing...Now that Obama opposes it they do too...

Most DUmmies venerated Bill Clinton...They pilloried him this campaign season for having the audacity to support his wife's bid for the presidency...

Find a principle and stick to it.

As a life long center left Democrat I have never been so disappointed with my choices for president. I have to choose to between a seventy two year old man with health issues and a person who would never be hired as a CEO of a Dow Thirty company with such a thin resume...

I think you and I are in exactly the same boat. Being a center left Democrat is a thankless position on DU, and I think that the Democratic party is losing its way precisely because they are not listening to the thinking center and are allowing a certain extremist process to take hold. I wouldn't say ideology because you are right: nobody sticks to principles there, just the process of being extreme about whatever the belief du jour is.

everyman68
06-22-2008, 03:12 PM
I think you and I are in exactly the same boat. Being a center left Democrat is a thankless position on DU, and I think that the Democratic party is losing its way precisely because they are not listening to the thinking center and are allowing a certain extremist process to take hold. I wouldn't say ideology because you are right: nobody sticks to principles there, just the process of being extreme about whatever the belief du jour is.

The Republican brand is so tarnished the Democrats don't have to do much more than sit back and watch...That's how it was for Democrats in the wake of Jimmy Carter's presidency...

I consider myself a pragmatist and a realist. Obama's lack of experience concerns me...

Anywho, this election saddens me...The choices stink..Biden, Richardson, Edwards, and Hillary would have been much better alternatives to McCain and Obama but as I said the Republican brand is so tarnished that Obama should win despite himself...

BTW- I am not surprised that you were banned after using your DU screen name here... BuzzClick and Liberal Historian posted here but they mostly defended the nonsense that is parcelled out at DU...