PDA

View Full Version : Whatever Wednesday.

Gingersnap
12-10-2008, 11:01 AM
Sorry I'm late! We had an emergency at work this morning.

TOTD: Did you call in Gay Today? Today is gayless Wednesday. Gays are urged to call in "gay" and devote their energies to volunteer work or something. Either we don't employ a lot of gays or they didn't get the memo or they think this effort is silly.

Unless you work in musical theater, fashion design, or the snarkier forms of journalism, I'm guessing you won't notice any reduction in the workforce.

Did you call in gay? Did others at your work? Does anybody else even know about this boycott? :confused:

expat-pattaya
12-10-2008, 11:06 AM
Dayum. I don't work but I'm tempted to get a job so I can show up today :D

linda22003
12-10-2008, 11:28 AM
This is the first I've heard of it.

asdf2231
12-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Sorry I'm late! We had an emergency at work this morning.

TOTD: Did you call in Gay Today? Today is gayless Wednesday. Gays are urged to call in "gay" and devote their energies to volunteer work or something. Either we don't employ a lot of gays or they didn't get the memo or they think this effort is silly.

Unless you work in musical theater, fashion design, or the snarkier forms of journalism, I'm guessing you won't notice any reduction in the workforce.

Did you call in gay? Did others at your work? Does anybody else even know about this boycott? :confused:

I did not. But I am wearing pink socks to show my support. :D

marinejcksn
12-10-2008, 12:36 PM
I sure did!

Oh...wait. :o:p

ralph wiggum
12-10-2008, 12:39 PM

I read about it on another non-political message board. If somebody who worked for me called in "gay", I don't know what I would do. Probably forward the message to HR, because I don't know how to appropriately deal with such nonsense.

M21
12-10-2008, 12:58 PM
I'm concerned that there are those here who have such matters recorded on their calendars. :p

An "emergency" at work. :rolleyes: So let's see you didn't take the WHOLE day, you just came in late. :D

Gingersnap
12-10-2008, 01:37 PM
I'm concerned that there are those here who have such matters recorded on their calendars.

An "emergency" at work. :rolleyes: So let's see you didn't take the WHOLE day, you just came in late.

No, I came in early. I just didn't have time to fool around with you people. Besides, doesn't everybody get the Gay Update in their morning email? :confused:

Maybe not. :o

asdf2231
12-10-2008, 03:40 PM
I read about it on another non-political message board. If somebody who worked for me called in "gay", I don't know what I would do. Probably forward the message to HR, because I don't know how to appropriately deal with such nonsense.

You should have skipped today Ralph.

You could have showed them the Ralph Wiggum Is Ghey thread as proof of your ailment. :p:D

ralph wiggum
12-10-2008, 03:52 PM
You should have skipped today Ralph.

You could have showed them the Ralph Wiggum Is Ghey thread as proof of your ailment. :p:D

BWAAH!!!!! :D

M21
12-10-2008, 04:12 PM
No, I came in early. My bad. I see you arose early as a testament to your fierce heterosexuality. :cool:

Gingersnap
12-10-2008, 05:40 PM
My bad. I see you arose early as a testament to your fierce heterosexuality. :cool:

It was way too early to be fiercely heterosexual. Just being vaguely human was pushing it. :D

movie buff
12-10-2008, 06:31 PM
I'm trying to get a job (I got laid off from my old one some months back due to budget cuts).