PDA

View Full Version : Fair & Balanced - yeah right.

expat-pattaya
12-10-2008, 11:36 AM
I know, a few minutes snapshot isn't a real test. But this just pissed me off.

First, I am watching FOX news. And there is a 5 minute article about Ill. Gov. Blagovich and how he hasn't stepped down and the state attorney general saying there are ways to block a senate appointment from him if he tries to make one. OK, so it shows slime of a DEM. It is news the right will enjoy hearing. However, it is NEWS since it is a very REAL story with real implications. No innuendo - an arrest. No political mudslinging - real charges.

Out of curiosity I flip to MSNBC. Unbelievable. They are running a story about Senator Coleman and a campaign contribution scandal. But wait, so far the FBI hasn't even contacted him. The scandal involves a Houston CEO who may have TRIED to contribute illegally to the Coleman campaign and it isn't even clear if the funds ever made it. There is NO STORY YET. Nothing but innuendo and the FBI said well they will make some calls :confused:

OK, I know FOX leans right. Fair enough. But this rabid leftist spin machine called MSNBC is a pathetic example of WHY so many people watch FOX.

marinejcksn
12-10-2008, 11:55 AM
MSLSD just cheeses me off. No wonder Faux News beats their ratings by 1 or 2 million a night. :D

They subject us to Keith Overbite's: Countdown to No Ratings every day at lunch in the chow hall. I usually just get a plate to go, so I can maintain my appetite.

AlmostThere
12-10-2008, 03:01 PM
MSLSD just cheeses me off. No wonder Faux News beats their ratings by 1 or 2 million a night. :D

They subject us to Keith Overbite's: Countdown to No Ratings every day at lunch in the chow hall. I usually just get a plate to go, so I can maintain my appetite.

I was reading yesterday where enemy combatants are being tortured by having to listen to loud, obnoxious rock and roll. Of course that struck me as totally ridiculous until I saw that they are inhumanly forced to listen to "I Love You" from the Barney show. THAT IS A WAR CRIME!

But to have Olbermann shoved down your throat with your noon-day meal..... someone should go to jail!!!

PC Guy
12-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Oh it's not just MSNBC. The mass media as a whole are rabid leftists (with Communist News Network being the worst of them all).

I know, a few minutes snapshot isn't a real test. But this just pissed me off.

First, I am watching FOX news. And there is a 5 minute article about Ill. Gov. Blagovich and how he hasn't stepped down and the state attorney general saying there are ways to block a senate appointment from him if he tries to make one. OK, so it shows slime of a DEM. It is news the right will enjoy hearing. However, it is NEWS since it is a very REAL story with real implications. No innuendo - an arrest. No political mudslinging - real charges.

Out of curiosity I flip to MSNBC. Unbelievable. They are running a story about Senator Coleman and a campaign contribution scandal. But wait, so far the FBI hasn't even contacted him. The scandal involves a Houston CEO who may have TRIED to contribute illegally to the Coleman campaign and it isn't even clear if the funds ever made it. There is NO STORY YET. Nothing but innuendo and the FBI said well they will make some calls :confused:

OK, I know FOX leans right. Fair enough. But this rabid leftist spin machine called MSNBC is a pathetic example of WHY so many people watch FOX.

AmPat
12-11-2008, 07:38 AM

Is this a "Fox Pas?":confused::D
As for subjecting you to Herr Olbermann, that is inhumane treatment. Where is the ACLU and Amnesty International?:eek:

marinejcksn
12-11-2008, 08:57 AM
Is this a "Fox Pas?":confused::D
As for subjecting you to Herr Olbermann, that is inhumane treatment. Where is the ACLU and Amnesty International?:eek:

Interesting you picked up on the creative spelling there. They only represent a small, shimmering beacon into real "Fair & Balanced" news...even Faux goes ga-ga over liberalism to a point these days.

I say give Newsmax a crack at television news. The Libs have CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, MSLSD...we've got 1 alternative. :rolleyes:

AmPat
12-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Interesting you picked up on the creative spelling there. They only represent a small, shimmering beacon into real "Fair & Balanced" news...even Faux goes ga-ga over liberalism to a point these days.

I say give Newsmax a crack at television news. The Libs have CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, MSLSD...we've got 1 alternative. :rolleyes:

Agreed on Newsmax. It needs a much larger audience.