PDA

View Full Version : What will the Media do now?

OwlMBA
12-10-2008, 03:19 PM
If you were unfortunate enough to watch much of the mainstream media, news, The Daily Show, comedians, artists, musicians, etc etc over the past eight years, you know that the vast majority of their material was critical of Bush. Every single Daily Show, every single time Chris Olberman is on the air, CNN, etc was entirely based on bashing Bush.

So now what do they do?

I think that Obama's days of being untouchable are almost over. They will have to criticize someone, and when its a Democratic president with a Democratic Congress, they have to criticize their own.

i think America is going to get a big wakeup call about the corruption and incompetence we just put into office. And heck, its already starting in Illinois.

linda22003
12-10-2008, 03:37 PM
Of course they will pick apart Obama - once someone is in power, he's the target.

Who is "Chris Olberman"?

jinxmchue
12-10-2008, 03:40 PM
They will continue to bash Bush and the Republicans even when Obama and the Democrats are to blame.

ralph wiggum
12-10-2008, 03:46 PM
They will continue to bash Bush and the Republicans even when Obama and the Democrats are to blame.

Exactly, the libs will blame President Bush for everything under the sun for the next 100 years. Get used to it. :rolleyes:

wulfpaw
12-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Now we'll start getting the 'good news' :D Be prepared for a really big boost in morale. Like a smitten teen-ager, the media has a crush on power. Now that the rival is out of the way it'll be all moon-eyes and valentines.

Lars1701a
12-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Of course they will pick apart Obama - once someone is in power, he's the target.

Who is "Chris Olberman"?

Time for some new sh'tick there lady :rolleyes:

linda22003
12-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Time for some new sh'tick there lady :rolleyes:

:confused: There's a Chris Matthews and a Keith Olbermann (1 n or 2?), so I assume that's what he was trying to say.

Lars1701a
12-10-2008, 04:18 PM
:confused: There's a Chris Matthews and a Keith Olbermann (1 n or 2?), so I assume that's what he was trying to say.

Please dont play innocent, if someone misspells a word BAM you are there to point it out. You know who he was talking about. Besides there one and the same anyway. :p

linda22003
12-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Please dont play innocent, if someone misspells a word BAM you are there to point it out. You know who he was talking about. Besides there one and the same anyway. :p

I wondered if he knew who he was talking about.

I think you are unsuccessfully trying to say "they're" one and the same. If you don't like my comments, try not to give me so much material to work with. :rolleyes:

Lars1701a
12-10-2008, 04:31 PM
I wondered if he knew who he was talking about.

I think you are unsuccessfully trying to say "they're" one and the same. If you don't like my comments, try not to give me so much material to work with. :rolleyes:

lol I think you have OCD there are no other reasons on why you must correct everyone who makes a mistake.

Besides I owe you big time for posting that damn youtube link about the boogie boogie hedge hog.

Here is one of the most annoying videos i could find, click if you dare :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49jKeGyUCJE&feature=related

linda22003
12-10-2008, 05:11 PM
lol I think you have OCD there are no other reasons on why you must correct everyone who makes a mistake.

Besides I owe you big time for posting that damn youtube link about the boogie boogie hedge hog.

Here is one of the most annoying videos i could find, click if you dare :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49jKeGyUCJE&feature=related

I've seen the cat one. The hedgehog IS impossible to get out of your head, isn't it? :p

lacarnut
12-10-2008, 05:45 PM

Both are like two peas in a pod; they both get that tingly feeling running up their legs when listening to the Magic Negro. :eek:

Odysseus
12-10-2008, 08:34 PM
Who is "Chris Olberman"?
Chris Matthews' and Kieth Olberman's love child.

They will, for a while, but they will also start to question the messiah.

Now we'll start getting the 'good news' :D Be prepared for a really big boost in morale. Like a smitten teen-ager, the media has a crush on power. Now that the rival is out of the way it'll be all moon-eyes and valentines.
Maybe, if there is any good news, but what will happen is that the bad news will be reported less, and the good news more. The homeless certainly disappeared during the Clinton era, didn't they? Does anyone think that they really disappeared, or did the media lose interest when they were no longer a rallying cry against the administration? For that matter, look at AIDS funding. Bush 43 spent more on reducing AIDS in Africa than any American president, more than all of them combined, in fact. The left should consider this a good thing, right? But did they report it? Barely. The evil Republicans do lives after them, the good lies interred with their bones, with apologies to Mark Antony.

The way that the media will handle Obama will be exactly the way that they handled Clinton. When something hits the fan, they will make all of the right noises, as if they are just as outraged as everyone else, but then the scandals, mistakes and disasters will disappear down the memory hole. They'll report the bad stuff, if they have no choice, but they won't keep it front and center the way they would if it were a Republican administration. Think of the difference between the coverage of Iran/Contra and the various Clinton scandals. Each scandal was dutifully recorded and presented, and then never followed up on. If he does something particularly boneheaded, like an affair with an intern, they'll cluck their tongues, wax indignant, then point out that it's no big deal after the initial outrage has died down. That's what we'll see over the next four years.

Constitutionally Speaking
12-10-2008, 08:35 PM
I LOVED the "boogie boogie hedgehog" video!!!!:D

Gingersnap
12-10-2008, 08:50 PM

I'm the one with OCD and I'm way, way too worried about my garage door, my moose-face lighting failure, and this trivial fleet management issue I have going on to worry about your spelling or punctuation errors. Some where, a unorganized sock drawer needs me!

But I'm with Linda Numbers on the talking heads and news comics - I never watch and never have. I've managed to avoid both Rush and the Daily Show. :)

OwlMBA
12-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Sorry for the misspelling of Keth/Chris Olberman-or-whoever-he-is. I obviously do not pay much attention to him.

But you knew what I meant. What on earth are he and Jon Stewart going to do? Jon's entire schtick is cracking passe jokes on Bush and his Administration. What is that hack going to do when he can't steal old, overused jokes about Bush anymore?

And MSNBC? What will they do? When all the world's problems dont magically disappear, there will only be Democrats to blame.