PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. is "Senate Candidate 5"

Puro Fan
12-10-2008, 06:12 PM
Rep. Jackson denies wrongdoing in Ill. gov scandal
By CHARLES BABINGTON, Associated Press Writer Charles Babington, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON – Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. said Wednesday he openly sought appointment to Barack Obama's Senate seat but denied offering favors in return to Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich and said he was not involved "whatsoever in any wrongdoing."

A lawyer for Jackson acknowledged that the Illinois Democrat is "Senate Candidate 5" in the 76-page federal complaint filed against Blagojevich, who was arrested Tuesday. Wiretapped conversations suggest Blagojevich felt the candidate would raise campaign money for him in exchange for being appointed to the Senate seat vacated by the president-elect.

Jackson, a seven-term House member and son of civil rights activist Jesse Jackson, told reporters in Washington that he spoke with the U.S. attorney's office Tuesday.

"They shared with me that I am not a target of the investigation and that I am not accused of any misconduct," said Jackson, who left the crowded session without taking questions.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/illinois_governor_jackson

I'm shocked! :rolleyes:

Defiant1
12-11-2008, 06:52 AM
Rep. Jackson denies wrongdoing in Ill. gov scandal
By CHARLES BABINGTON, Associated Press Writer Charles Babington, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. said Wednesday he openly sought appointment to Barack Obama's Senate seat but denied offering favors in return to Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich and said he was not involved "whatsoever in any wrongdoing."

A lawyer for Jackson acknowledged that the Illinois Democrat is "Senate Candidate 5" in the 76-page federal complaint filed against Blagojevich, who was arrested Tuesday. Wiretapped conversations suggest Blagojevich felt the candidate would raise campaign money for him in exchange for being appointed to the Senate seat vacated by the president-elect.

Jackson, a seven-term House member and son of civil rights activist Jesse Jackson, told reporters in Washington that he spoke with the U.S. attorney's office Tuesday.

"They shared with me that I am not a target of the investigation and that I am not accused of any misconduct," said Jackson, who left the crowded session without taking questions.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/illinois_governor_jackson

I'm shocked! :rolleyes:

"We only want a DNA sample so we can eliminate you as a suspect."

SarasotaRepub
12-11-2008, 07:34 AM
See, Triple J screwed up. He only offered 500 large up front for the
seat. If he had coughed up 1 mill, he would have been in! (Prison). :D