PDA

View Full Version : Treasure from Sam's!!

SarasotaRepub
12-10-2008, 07:34 PM
I had to go to Sam's Club tonight and get a new member card
cause the magnetic strip on the old one went bad.

After, and since I was alone, I picked up some stuff that a
certain wifey would never let me get had she been with me.

A nice 8 pack of White Castle Cheeseburgers and..........
a four pack of wonderful SPAM!!! :D I love SPAM.

SLW almost went through the ceiling when she saw the SPAM! :eek:

I'm gonna fry a can up this Saturday morning. Unless she takes
it all back which she is just eeeeevil enough to do.

SPAM....yum.:D

BadCat
12-10-2008, 07:42 PM

Our Sam's probably has 800 of the new Nikon Digital SLR cameras, huge stack of yellow Nikon boxes, probably 4x8x10 feet. They must have about 1000 iPod Touchs.

And you got Spam?

Speedy
12-10-2008, 07:43 PM
I love Over Easy eggs, grits and a couple of slices of Spam for breakfast. Can't get more country than that.

Speedy
12-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Our Sam's probably has 800 of the new Nikon Digital SLR cameras, huge stack of yellow Nikon boxes, probably 4x8x10 feet. They must have about 1000 iPod Touchs.

And you got Spam?

The man has his priorities. I'll give him that.

SarasotaRepub
12-10-2008, 07:47 PM
The man has his priorities. I'll give him that.

Correct Speed! :D

And we already have a new digital camera.

JB
12-10-2008, 07:51 PM
I can't remember the last time I had the stuff.

Then again, I like scrapple.

SaintLouieWoman
12-10-2008, 07:52 PM

And you got Spam?
Don't feel too sorry for him. He got the new digital at Costco and just got his new Sony home theater thingy.

My only objection to the Spam is it's full of eeevil sodium and cholesterol and preservatives. That stuff is a heart attack waiting too happen. :eek:

I like the stuff at Whole Foods better. One can of Spam is fine, but four? At least the ER isn't too far from here. :rolleyes: :D

asdf2231
12-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Thin sliced and fried crispy with eggs and english muffins... Finest kind!

(On Edit)

Someone should report you for posting Spam on the board though! :p

BSR
12-10-2008, 08:09 PM
Someone should report you for posting Spam on the board though! :p

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/watermark.php?src=wp-content/uploads/2007/12/what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

Zathras
12-10-2008, 08:10 PM
Wait, wait, wait.....Am I correct in reading this thread is about Spam? Well, it's not complete.....until I post......THIS!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

asdf2231
12-10-2008, 08:18 PM
Spam can also be pretty macho!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1006/1065245895_6607675f62.jpg?v=1186869336

Gingersnap
12-10-2008, 08:41 PM
I dunno. Spam isn't as bad for you as eating potatoes or rice. Nobody ever got fat eating Spam; who could eat that much at once?

My Doc doesn't buy the food cholesterol/plaque theory. She says that people just manufacture cholesterol according to plan regardless of what they eat. What your bod does with it has more to do with manual labor than anything else.

I like Spam. I don't eat it much because I don't eat out of cans much but it's fine once in a while. Eating White Castle burgers is a truly pointless act, though. :D

Speedy
12-10-2008, 09:24 PM
My only objection to the Spam is it's full of eeevil sodium and cholesterol and preservatives. That stuff is a heart attack waiting too happen. :eek:
:rolleyes: :D

That's three of the major food groups right there. :D

SarasotaRepub
12-10-2008, 09:31 PM
I like Spam. I don't eat it much because I don't eat out of cans much but it's fine once in a while. Eating White Castle burgers is a truly pointless act, though. :D

BLASPHEMY!!!!:mad::D

Schadenfreude
12-10-2008, 10:01 PM

SPAM = Something Posing As Meat :D

If you and SLW come up north, I'll take you to the SPAM plant in Austin and then treat you to some White Castle sliders in the Twin Cities.... We have it all up here, you have no idea.

SarasotaRepub
12-10-2008, 10:36 PM
LOL!!!! Thanks Schade. :D

RobJohnson
12-11-2008, 03:20 PM

Eating both in one day sounds like a very healthy way to stay regular. :D

You should of also picked up the 96 pack of toliet paper.

Molon Labe
12-11-2008, 04:51 PM
I'm gonna have to check out he Super pack of White Castle burgers...:D

Rebel Yell
12-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Don't feel too sorry for him. He got the new digital at Costco and just got his new Sony home theater thingy.

I like the stuff at Whole Foods better. One can of Spam is fine, but four? At least the ER isn't too far from here. :rolleyes: :D

From Grumpier Old Men....

Grandpa: What the... what the hell is this?
John: That's lite beer.
Grandpa: Gee, I weigh ninety goddamn pounds, and you bring me this sloppin' foam?
John: Ariel's got me on a diet because the doc said my cholestorol's a little too high.
Grandpa: Well let me tell you something now, Johnny. Last Thursday, I turned 95 years old. And I never exercised a day in my life. Every morning, I wake up, and I smoke a cigarette. And then I eat five strips of bacon. And for lunch, I eat a bacon sandwich. And for a midday snack?
John: Bacon.
Grandpa: Bacon! A whole damn plate! And I usually drink my dinner. Now according to all of them flat-belly experts, I should've took a dirt nap like thirty years ago. But each year comes and goes, and I'm still here. Ha! And they keep dyin'. You know? Sometimes I wonder if God forgot about me. Just goes to show you, huh?
John: What?
Grandpa: Huh?
John: Goes to show you what?
Grandpa: Well it just goes... what the hell are you talkin' about?
John: Well you said you drink beer, you eat bacon and you smoke cigarettes, and you outlive most of the experts.
Grandpa: Yeah?
John: I thought maybe there was a moral.
Grandpa: No, there ain't no moral. I just like that story. That's all. Like that story

SaintLouieWoman
12-11-2008, 09:56 PM
From Grumpier Old Men....

Grandpa: What the... what the hell is this?
John: That's lite beer.
Grandpa: Gee, I weigh ninety goddamn pounds, and you bring me this sloppin' foam?
John: Ariel's got me on a diet because the doc said my cholestorol's a little too high.
Grandpa: Well let me tell you something now, Johnny. Last Thursday, I turned 95 years old. And I never exercised a day in my life. Every morning, I wake up, and I smoke a cigarette. And then I eat five strips of bacon. And for lunch, I eat a bacon sandwich. And for a midday snack?
John: Bacon.
Grandpa: Bacon! A whole damn plate! And I usually drink my dinner. Now according to all of them flat-belly experts, I should've took a dirt nap like thirty years ago. But each year comes and goes, and I'm still here. Ha! And they keep dyin'. You know? Sometimes I wonder if God forgot about me. Just goes to show you, huh?
John: What?
Grandpa: Huh?
John: Goes to show you what?
Grandpa: Well it just goes... what the hell are you talkin' about?
John: Well you said you drink beer, you eat bacon and you smoke cigarettes, and you outlive most of the experts.
Grandpa: Yeah?
John: I thought maybe there was a moral.
Grandpa: No, there ain't no moral. I just like that story. That's all. Like that story

:D I get your point. Think I'm just freaked out about choleresterol and eating too much fatty, crummy food. My dad didn't watch what he ate; he died at 67. His sister would only buy meat at a little local butcher shop that had top quality. She died at 88. Who knows?

RobJohnson
12-12-2008, 01:31 AM
:D I get your point. Think I'm just freaked out about choleresterol and eating too much fatty, crummy food. My dad didn't watch what he ate; he died at 67. His sister would only buy meat at a little local butcher shop that had top quality. She died at 88. Who knows?

I also think it's a good idea to avoid high fat content foods. I had an uncle that used to say he was going to enjoy life and not worry about the special diet the doctor put him on, after all you had to die someday. Problem was, he did not die all at once, they buried pieces of him at a time, first had to have a foot removed, then a leg up to the knee, then up to the waist, then another leg, etc....then a few strokes later, and a huge burden on my poor Aunt that had to take care of him, he eventually died...

SaintLouieWoman
12-12-2008, 08:37 AM
I also think it's a good idea to avoid high fat content foods. I had an uncle that used to say he was going to enjoy life and not worry about the special diet the doctor put him on, after all you had to die someday. Problem was, he did not die all at once, they buried pieces of him at a time, first had to have a foot removed, then a leg up to the knee, then up to the waist, then another leg, etc....then a few strokes later, and a huge burden on my poor Aunt that had to take care of him, he eventually died...

OMG, was he a Spam eater? :eek:

I'll have to make sure SR reads this, so he'll contemplate this while he munches down on the Spam. :D Have to admit his diet is improving lately. He even eats his veggies (most of the time).

RobJohnson
12-12-2008, 12:53 PM
OMG, was he a Spam eater? :eek:

I'll have to make sure SR reads this, so he'll contemplate this while he munches down on the Spam. :D Have to admit his diet is improving lately. He even eats his veggies (most of the time).

He was also a smoker. :D

SarasotaRepub
12-12-2008, 07:11 PM
Nothing will stop me from frying up some Spam tomorrow morning. Nothing!!!:mad::p:D

Goldwater
12-12-2008, 07:14 PM

OK, congrats Rob, you've scared the hell out of me. I'm healthy anyway, but now...

SaintLouieWoman
12-12-2008, 07:23 PM
OK, congrats Rob, you've scared the hell out of me. I'm healthy anyway, but now...

Hey, he's good. SR doesn't listen to my whining on health issues. But Rob spins a good story.

We're heading out shopping and SR is singing the Monty Python cans of spam tune. Don't think I'm going to win this one. :D

Goldwater
12-12-2008, 07:28 PM
Hey, he's good. SR doesn't listen to my whining on health issues. But Rob spins a good story.

We're heading out shopping and SR is singing the Monty Python cans of spam tune. Don't think I'm going to win this one. :D

Never eaten spam in my life, my eyes warned me about them early on.

Gingersnap
12-12-2008, 08:08 PM

Sounds like he was diabetic. That happened to my Mom. Fat wasn't the culprit, though, it was all the carbs. The ADA had just revised their guidelines to allow more generous carbs when she was diagnosed. She never made the connection between carbs and sugar so she switched from eating candy to eating fruit and went for wheat bread instead of white bread. It's all the same, of course.

If she'd stuck to a Spam diet, she'd probably still be around today. :D

Bubba Dawg
12-12-2008, 10:23 PM
Fried SPAM. Hash Browns. Fried Eggs. Buttered toast.

MMMMMMMMMMM...num..num...num...num....

SaintLouieWoman
12-12-2008, 11:09 PM
Sounds like he was diabetic. That happened to my Mom. Fat wasn't the culprit, though, it was all the carbs. The ADA had just revised their guidelines to allow more generous carbs when she was diagnosed. She never made the connection between carbs and sugar so she switched from eating candy to eating fruit and went for wheat bread instead of white bread. It's all the same, of course.

If she'd stuck to a Spam diet, she'd probably still be around today. :D

When my first greyhound, Jessie, was diagnosed with bone cancer, I did massive research on the web. There was a vet on the petcancer forum who talked about research being done by Colorado State.

They said that cancers fed on carbs. They advised a specific diet with low carbs, low sugars and fairly high fat. I was told to give Jessie high fat dog foods (cheapie cans) and to make "fat balls" for him to eat. He also got massive supplements. I think I kept the old Wild Oats store in business with all the stuff I bought him.

He ended up living as long as the dogs that had gone through chemo, amputation, radiation. Osteosarcoma is so grim that nothing can really stop it (unless they've come up with something else since Jess died in 2001). He at least was spared the torment of the more aggressive treatments.

I always wondered if there was a link to human dietary treatments of diseases that they had discovered with the research on dogs.

Gingersnap
12-12-2008, 11:27 PM
When my first greyhound, Jessie, was diagnosed with bone cancer, I did massive research on the web. There was a vet on the petcancer forum who talked about research being done by Colorado State.

They said that cancers fed on carbs. They advised a specific diet with low carbs, low sugars and fairly high fat. I was told to give Jessie high fat dog foods (cheapie cans) and to make "fat balls" for him to eat. He also got massive supplements. I think I kept the old Wild Oats store in business with all the stuff I bought him.

He ended up living as long as the dogs that had gone through chemo, amputation, radiation. Osteosarcoma is so grim that nothing can really stop it (unless they've come up with something else since Jess died in 2001). He at least was spared the torment of the more aggressive treatments.

I always wondered if there was a link to human dietary treatments of diseases that they had discovered with the research on dogs.

I follow this stuff closely since my mother died of the complications of diabetes. While it's no good to be fat and transfats are lethal, eating fat and protein over carbs is clearly a life-saver. We just weren't designed to eat so many carbs without burning it off in manual labor. You can't do that with an hour at the gym every day.

Most people who don't work outdoors in all weathers probably should eat a lower glycemic index diet day-to-day. There's nothing wrong with chowing down on potatoes or rice or bread or whatever once a week - just not every day. ;)

RobJohnson
12-13-2008, 06:23 AM
Sounds like he was diabetic.

Atherosclerosis. (http://www.emedicinehealth.com/hardening_of_the_arteries/article_em.htm)

SarasotaRepub
12-13-2008, 08:59 AM
My Spam is in the frying pan as we post!!!:D

I put a little Garlic powder on it too, that makes it healthy...

Going to have it with some scrambled eggs. Yum.

Bubba Dawg
12-13-2008, 10:10 AM
My Spam is in the frying pan as we post!!!:D

Going to have it with some scrambled eggs. Yum.

Oh man. I'm gonna have an egg white omlet....with a little cheese...:(

I am so gonna get me some SPAM today. :D

I'll put a little garlic powder on it and fry it with tofu. That'll be really healthy. :)

SarasotaRepub
12-13-2008, 10:18 AM
PICS For BUBBA!!!!

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/General/061699cc.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/General/b47eadfe.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/General/16c8bf95.jpg

And...the finished product!!!!

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/General/0eed563f.jpg

WOOT...it was soo good! SLW almost threw up but hey.

Bubba Dawg
12-13-2008, 10:25 AM
Oh Man that looks good!!!

I am so gonna get some. And we're going out for a late beakfast...Huddle House!!!!

Bacon now. Spam later. Nice...

Anthony Bourdain did a show in Hawaii that featured Spam dishes. Evidently they love it out there.

SaintLouieWoman
12-13-2008, 10:32 AM
Oh Man that looks good!!!

I am so gonna get some. And we're going out for a late beakfast...Huddle House!!!!

Bacon now. Spam later. Nice...

Anthony Bourdain did a show in Hawaii that featured Spam dishes. Evidently they love it out there.

They apparently like it in Scotland, too. I stayed in a bed and breakfast in Stirling, Scotland where the guy apparently lived up to the tradition of thriftiness. Spam, tang juice (blech) and beans. At least I saved calories that day. It was truly awful.

BTW, I didn't throw up, actually didn't see that masterpiece on the plate. But SR saved me 3 slices. I ate one and let him have the other 2. So he managed to eat the whole can of spam! :eek::D

RobJohnson
12-14-2008, 03:00 PM

:D ........

asdf2231
12-14-2008, 05:56 PM
PICS For BUBBA!!!!

And...the finished product!!!!

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/General/0eed563f.jpg

WOOT...it was soo good! SLW almost threw up but hey.

Ah man...

Just the right amount of char.

Makes my mouth water just looking at it.

Try taking a can and decanting the loaf whole onto a cookie sheet and studding it with whole cloves and baking it at 400 degrees till it is golden brown.

You should serve it with a nice blush wine. :D

Celtic Rose
12-14-2008, 06:11 PM
I have never in my life eaten SPAM, and I am perfectly content with that :p

SaintLouieWoman
12-14-2008, 09:48 PM

You are a very wise woman. I ate a half slice of that stuff and gave SR the rest. The smell of that stuff didn't go away from the kitchen for almost a day. :rolleyes::D

Bubba Dawg
12-14-2008, 09:55 PM

Hey, aren't you the one who wouldn't try chicken gizzards? :eek:

Bubba Dawg
12-14-2008, 09:58 PM
You are a very wise woman. I ate a half slice of that stuff and gave SR the rest. The smell of that stuff didn't go away from the kitchen for almost a day. :rolleyes::D

Well SLW, the pleasing aroma is but one of the benefits. :)