PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff Israel: ‘Not Sure’ If Shooter’s Red Flags Were Followed Up On

Banacek
02-25-2018, 06:47 PM
Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said he is “not sure” if all of the calls made about the Parkland school shooter’s mental state were handled correctly.

According to CNN’s Jake Tapper, 18 calls were made to the Broward County Sheriff’s Office before the shooting took place about the shooter’s mental health and tendency toward violence, raising questions as to why the shooter was allowed to purchase a gun. At one point, the shooter even threatened on Instagram that he was going to “shoot up a school.”

However, Sheriff Israel could not answer when asked what was done with that information.

“I’m not sure if anything was done with that information,” he said. “He did get — receive medicine and medical treatment. And as I said, of those 18 calls, two of those calls are being — 16 of them we believe were handled exactly the way they should. Two of them we’re not sure if our deputies did everything they could have or should have. That’s not to say they didn’t or did.”

Tapper asked Israel which two calls they were looking into, and Israel clarified that they were looking at one call from a “woman in Massachusetts,” but he could not recall the other.

The sheriff is a guy I wouldn't trust with a gun.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/25/sheriff-israel-not-sure-if-shooters-red-flags-were-followed-up-on/

Rockntractor
02-25-2018, 07:03 PM
The sheriff is a guy I wouldn't trust with a gun.

I don't trust this sheriff with a belt and metal silverware.