PDA

View Full Version : Child's Skull Discovered In Wooded Area Near Anthony Home

Molon Labe
12-11-2008, 02:04 PM
ORLANDO, Fla. -- A utility worker on Thursday found the skeletal remains of a child in Orange County in a wooded area located less than half a mile from the home of George and Cindy Anthony, whose 3-year-old granddaughter, Caylee, has been missing since mid-June, authorities said.

Caylee Anthony Last Seen In Mid-June

http://www.local6.com/news/18253078/detail.html

Odysseus
12-11-2008, 03:08 PM
ORLANDO, Fla. -- A utility worker on Thursday found the skeletal remains of a child in Orange County in a wooded area located less than half a mile from the home of George and Cindy Anthony, whose 3-year-old granddaughter, Caylee, has been missing since mid-June, authorities said.

Caylee Anthony Last Seen In Mid-June

http://www.local6.com/news/18253078/detail.html

Part of me hopes that this is Caylee, because otherwise it means that another child has been killed, but part of me hopes that she's still alive somewhere. I don't know why they took the death penalty off of the table. If anyone should get it, it's a mother who kills her child.

Teetop
12-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Another story about this also; Small Child's Remains Found Near Home of Caylee Anthony's Family (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,465424,00.html)

Molon Labe
12-11-2008, 04:45 PM
Part of me hopes that this is Caylee, because otherwise it means that another child has been killed, but part of me hopes that she's still alive somewhere. I don't know why they took the death penalty off of the table. If anyone should get it, it's a mother who kills her child.

I've heard some say they are sick of this story....but anytime a child goes missing it's not only very disturbing, but it's naturally intriguing. I wasn't aware the death penalty was off the table. That's too bad.

Odysseus
12-11-2008, 05:07 PM
I've heard some say they are sick of this story....but anytime a child goes missing it's not only very disturbing, but it's naturally intriguing. I wasn't aware the death penalty was off the table. That's too bad.

I'm sickened by the story. We have a pre-schooler and an infant, and this just horrifies me. What could make someone do that to their own baby?

submarinepainter
12-11-2008, 06:47 PM
it makes me sick

AmPat
12-11-2008, 10:24 PM
I'm sickened by the story. We have a pre-schooler and an infant, and this just horrifies me. What could make someone do that to their own baby?

I mulled this for a few weeks. I thought she may have accidentally killed her or got carried away with anger and killed her. I just couldn't get my mind around the possibility that she just wanted to be single again. I figure after all this time and no confession, she is a pathological liar and/or sociopath who needs to rot in jail until.:(

cat714
12-12-2008, 01:49 AM
I think most people were sick of the circus side show put on by the Anthony family...I know I was.

Cases like this really cuts me to there core. I have a child of my own and I could never hurt my little girl. I am a "helicopter parent," hoovering over her al the time. It's disgusting when I hear about parents hurting their own children.

I think lethal injection is the easy way out for Casey Anthony. Let her sit and rot in jail for the rest of her life.

noonwitch
12-12-2008, 09:14 AM

The details released on the morning news were sick. The police are pretty sure its Kaylee, and they found duct tape on the body (they didn't specify where on the body). NBC's expert said that the duct tape would likely have preseved evidence, too, despite the body being found in an area that had been too flooded to search over the summer.

The Today Show reported that the death penalty is not off the table, that new evidence could lead to new charges.

jinxmchue
12-12-2008, 01:01 PM
The details released on the morning news were sick. The police are pretty sure its Kaylee, and they found duct tape on the body (they didn't specify where on the body). NBC's expert said that the duct tape would likely have preseved evidence, too, despite the body being found in an area that had been too flooded to search over the summer.

I heard a report mentioned that the guy who found the bag said that the skull that fell out when he moved it had duct tape over the mouth area.

noonwitch
12-12-2008, 02:07 PM
I heard a report mentioned that the guy who found the bag said that the skull that fell out when he moved it had duct tape over the mouth area.

Mom probably used the tape to shut her up and accidentally smothered her. Maybe she was taking the kid somewhere while mom was committing a different crime, and needed the kid to be quiet. That's the way sociopaths think-then, the kid dies, and she drives around with the body in the trunk until the flood happens, and she figures that's as good of a place as any to dump her baby.

That poor child-to have been killed by her own mother must have been horrific.