PDA

View Full Version : ESPN at it again

Banacek
03-17-2018, 04:23 PM
ESPN’s Kellerman: NFL Owners Not Signing Nat’l Anthem Protesters Akin to Old South Jim Crow Segregation

Friday, ESPN “First Take” co-host Max Kellerman responded to free agent safety Eric Reid saying NFL owners have shied away from signing him (two days into free agency) and former teammate Colin Kaepernick due to their National Anthem protests by comparing it to Southern business owners refusing to serve black people.

“Owners were losing ratings, they were losing revenue, it was affecting their bottom line. They were not the ones being protested against, and what they’re saying is, ‘Excuse me, we are not going to be about the business of alienating the fan base out there who impact our bottom line because of this any longer,’ fellow host Stephen A. Smith argued. “It’s not surprising, and you can’t blame them for taking that position.”

I only searched briefly but Max doesn't seem to have any sports in his background. He was a history major in college. Probably one of the cheerleaders.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/03/16/espns-kellerman-nfl-owners-not-signing-natl-anthem-protesters-akin-to-old-south-jim-crow-segregation/

SVPete
03-17-2018, 05:00 PM
I don't know whether Reid is a superstar or a bench-warmer. I do know that Kaepernick bailed out of his contract after 3 straight seasons of mediocrity and worse. When he left the 49ers he was a mid-range or worse QB in a NFL context. That's just his performance on the field. In the locker room he had to have been a distraction or worse. For ticket sales he was poison; as have been the kneelers generally.

That Reid ignores those basic facts tells me that whatever his physical skill he would be a significant detriment to any team that signed him, on the field and in the stands.

Angry Old White Man
03-17-2018, 05:07 PM
Everything pointed to a very high loss soon as the new contracts came up for the 2018 season, cable companies are cutting them loose do to customers having it turned off and it's a slow rolling snowball. The usual liberals will still attend and watch the TV, it means nothing to them. I still think there are enough people not watching now that they are losing a very large sum of money and I say wonderful let them starve is my war cry. All in all a great day for good news today with so many positive things taking place.

ralph wiggum
03-17-2018, 07:23 PM
Kellerman has had an odd career at ESPN & elsewhere. Don't recall him delving into politics. But he's entering the Olberdork/Jemele Hill territory.

FlaGator
03-17-2018, 08:21 PM
Let me say this, as one who has some insider knowledge of the situation, but then NFL teams and the NFL took a bigger hit financially than they are letting on. Also, associated and partnered companies in retail had their bottom lines seriously affected. Now, everyone involved offering up all sorts of excuses but they really do get the fact that it was the NFL's response to the protesters that is a big reason for missed profit projections. Now they are trying to appease the fans without acknowledging their culpability in creating this mess.