PDA

View Full Version : NBC host devalues Good Friday in tweet about human deeds

Banacek
04-01-2018, 02:12 PM
Seeming to miss the significance of a Christian holiday, NBC News host Chuck Todd said Good Friday is a great day for us to be reminded that our own selfless behavior can really make a difference in the world.

The Daily Caller reports: Good Friday is celebrated by Christians as the day Jesus was crucified and paid the ultimate sacrifice to save humanity from its sins.

According to Romans 5:8, “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”

In a Friday tweet, Todd suggested that Good Friday is not a wholly religious day, referring to the crucifixion as the “religious aspect of the day.”

Todd tweeted: I’m a bit hokey when it comes to “Good Friday.” I don’t mean disrespect to the religious aspect of the day, but I love the idea of reminding folks that any day can become “good,” all it takes is a little selflessness on our own part. Works EVERY time.

Twitter users were quick to point out that Todd’s tweet was insensitive, as it seemed to trivialize an very important aspect of the Christian faith. See Todd’s tweet and some examples of negative evaluations below

http://dennismichaellynch.com/nbc-host-devalues-good-friday-in-tweet-about-human-deeds/