PDA

View Full Version : Military Troops Don’t Belong at the Border,’ ACLU Claims

Banacek
04-07-2018, 03:00 PM
The leftwing American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) responded to news that President Donald Trump is sending National Guard Troops to the Southern Border, claiming the military does not “belong” on the country’s frontiers.

“Military troops don’t belong at the border,” director of the ACLU Border Rights Center director Astrid Dominguez said in a statement Wednesday. “Deploying the military in U.S. communities is a dangerous move, contrary to the fundamental norms of a civil society.”

The ACLU statement did not mention that the administration of President Barack Obama sent the National Guard to the border in 2014 and again in 2015. Nor does it mention that President George W. Bush sent 6,000 significantly more Guardsmen than the roughly 3,000 Trump announced.

The ACLU’s sentiment was echoed by liberal politicians like Rep. Ruben Gallego (D-AZ), who called having troops at the border “Orwellian,” and Oregon Gov. Kate Brown, who claimed she would refuse to send her state’s Guardsmen to the border if Trump asked. Trump issued a proclamation asking governors to order their National Guard troops to participate, rather than a federalization order, meaning governors are within their rights not to do so

I wonder what the ACLU would say if Russian troops were marching through Mexico towards the U.S. ?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/04/06/military-troops-dont-belong-border-aclu-claims/

FlaGator
04-07-2018, 04:10 PM
I wonder why the ACLU didn't say something when Clinton, Bush and Obama put troops on the border?

Rockntractor
04-07-2018, 04:24 PM
Illegal alien invaders don't belong there either.

Old n Grumpy
04-07-2018, 04:52 PM
I wonder what the ACLU would say if Russian troops were marching through Mexico towards the U.S. ?

They would probably greet them with open arms. they are trying to destroy the US any way they can.

Angry Old White Man
04-07-2018, 05:23 PM
Pretty silly to send so many to a dangerous area that known highly armed drug smugglers are roaming from the Texas to Ca border and not even allow them to carry weapons or be armed. I would refuse to go because to me this is an unlawful order, they are not f cking policemen, they are Soldiers trained to fight wars not walk around making targets for every POS on the border. I get really upset when I read such silly political bullshit. If you're going to use them, arm them or else.

Rockntractor
04-07-2018, 05:35 PM
I think the unarmed part is fixin to change.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Dlr Pyro
04-07-2018, 10:18 PM
Illegal alien invaders don't belong there either.Yeah, that

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk