PDA

View Full Version : Drill Now?? Yes/No

SaintLouieWoman
06-18-2008, 10:19 PM
Drill Now Send Message to Congress (http://www.americansolutions.com/)

Newt was on Fox this evening. He's trying to get up to a million people's signatures on his petition. Sounds like he's close. Maybe CU'ers could help.

I think this has legs as an issue for the Republicans this year. If you agree, please sign the petition. Thanks.

SarasotaRepub
06-18-2008, 10:27 PM
Drill baby! Right in Ted Kennedy's backyard if need be! ;)

megimoo
06-18-2008, 10:31 PM
Drill Now Send Message to Congress (http://www.americansolutions.com/)

Newt was on Fox this evening. He's trying to get up to a million people's signatures on his petition. Sounds like he's close. Maybe CU'ers could help.

I think this has legs as an issue for the Republicans this year. If you agree, please sign the petition. Thanks. ....Done !

lacarnut
06-18-2008, 11:40 PM
This petition requires very little personal info., and it is quick and fast.

SLW; Thanks for posting it

Not only do I think this has legs but I think this issue has placed the Democratic majority Congress in deep shit and they have no answers.

du freeper
06-18-2008, 11:49 PM
Done!! Thanks SLW!!

Zathras
06-19-2008, 12:14 AM
Done!! Thanks SLW!!

Same and same.

SaintLouieWoman
06-19-2008, 09:55 AM
bump

Thanks for signing. Newt is one of the best minds in Washington. This proves that people are listening and fed up with business as usual. If anyone else agrees, would appreciate your looking at this petition. :)

It's gone up 40,000 signatures since last night. It's getting very close to that million mark. It should make those politicians sit up and take notice.

Update, it's just gone over the million mark, 1,000,222 when I last checked. Let's go for that next million. :D

SaintLouieWoman
06-19-2008, 04:31 PM
Bump

They now have 1, 016,000 signatures. They're trying to get to 3 million. Can you help?
Many thanks.

This is our chance to have our voices heard. In Missouri we've had the lowest gas prices in the nation, but noticed today regular jumped to $3.99 a gallon. It's time for us to end our dependence on foreign countries for our oil. We can do the alternative energy things, too, but I sincerely think this will help.

If nothing else, it will convince the Middle East countries we aren't kidding around.

Perilloux
06-19-2008, 05:49 PM
Woo Hoo!!! It's well over 1,000,000 now! That's great, my husband and I signed it a couple of days ago.

SaintLouieWoman
06-19-2008, 11:11 PM
Woo Hoo!!! It's well over 1,000,000 now! That's great, my husband and I signed it a couple of days ago.

Woo hoo indeed! Thanks for signing. Be sure to log back on the site. Newt now has a video up explaining that they want 3 million signatures before the Dem and Republican conventions. He makes a very good argument for his plan.

Check it out, particularly if folks are skeptical. Listen and then sign, if you're so inclined. Again, thank you to everyone here who has signed.

SaintLouieWoman
06-20-2008, 08:46 PM
Bump

Join the 1,080,039 people who have signed the petition

Let's get them to 2,000,000. Thanks.

SaintLouieWoman
06-21-2008, 11:40 PM
Join the 1,102,256 people who have signed the petition
Don't forget to sign the petition if you agree.

SaintLouieWoman
06-22-2008, 10:34 PM
I'm adding a poll to this thread, would like to know how the members think on this issue.

Join the 1,115,276 people who have signed the petition. http://www.americansolutions.com/directupload/images/Gas-GagePetition.jpg

LogansPapa
06-22-2008, 10:57 PM
Every coastal town should have as many wells as mine.:cool:

biccat
06-23-2008, 09:18 AM
I want to drill, but we should only be pulling a small amount of oil from our reserves.

Why bother using our reserves when we can use theirs? Having the ability to ramp up production to meet demand will put them in a position where they would have to meet our price demands. Then if the bastards start getting uppity and threatening to exterminate us or our allies, we can refuse to buy middle eastern oil and start pumping our own.

Gingersnap
06-23-2008, 09:46 AM
Kick those caribou to the curb!

Opening up ANWR won't drop gas prices back to Ozzie and Harriet levels but it will a step toward lessening our dependence on foreign energy sources. I'm all for anything that would do that.

I signed the petition, SLW, although Newt scares me since he was in that Pelosi commercial. ;)

Constitutionally Speaking
06-23-2008, 10:03 AM
Kick those caribou to the curb!

Opening up ANWR won't drop gas prices back to Ozzie and Harriet levels but it will a step toward lessening our dependence on foreign energy sources. I'm all for anything that would do that.

I signed the petition, SLW, although Newt scares me since he was in that Pelosi commercial. ;)

ANWR alone might not, but allowing us to go after all of the oil we have ABSOLUTY would drop gas prices back to the $2.00 range.

Gingersnap
06-23-2008, 10:15 AM
ANWR alone might not, but allowing us to go after all of the oil we have ABSOLUTY would drop gas prices back to the $2.00 range.

To tell you the truth, dependence on foreign oil disturbs me more than the current prices. I would prefer to see a situation where the bulk of our energy needs can be met without using resources from the global commodities market.

LogansPapa
06-23-2008, 10:38 AM
We either drill here - to get us over the technological advancement time hump, or we secure more off-shore sources - via our armed forces.

SaintLouieWoman
06-23-2008, 02:16 PM
To tell you the truth, dependence on foreign oil disturbs me more than the current prices. I would prefer to see a situation where the bulk of our energy needs can be met without using resources from the global commodities market.

Drilling for oil here does disturb me, but the consequences of not drilling frighten me more. I believe it was on the O'Reilly show this morning that they were talking about how Germany and Japan finally suffered defeat partially because their supply lines to oil were cut---no energy, couldn't keep going. They forgot to mention that atomic bomb over Nagasaki, but they were right about the consequences of no oil.

It's not just the price at the pump, but the far reaching consequences to our defense, even to our local governments. People forget the police departments, sanitation, street departments all consume gasoline. They're affected at the pump also.

Space Gravy
06-23-2008, 02:25 PM
bump

Thanks for signing. Newt is one of the best minds in Washington. This proves that people are listening and fed up with business as usual. If anyone else agrees, would appreciate your looking at this petition. :)

It's gone up 40,000 signatures since last night. It's getting very close to that million mark. It should make those politicians sit up and take notice.

Update, it's just gone over the million mark, 1,000,222 when I last checked. Let's go for that next million. :D

I signed but I'm not optimistic anything will happen.........look at immigration.

Molon Labe
06-23-2008, 04:44 PM
I voted drill now.
Although I'm not under the delusion that this will entirely end our dependance on foreign oil... It's a policy step in the right direction. It tells the left, and any other barrier to progress, that we are going to take seriously U.S. independence...and start the process of developing methods of alternative energy.

Lanie
06-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Well, I hope I didn't discourage it by saying I was Democrat on the petition, but I signed it.

SaintLouieWoman
06-23-2008, 10:42 PM
Well, I hope I didn't discourage it by saying I was Democrat on the petition, but I signed it.

Thanks, Lanie. I'm proud of you.:)

Shows you that we have to unite for the benefit of the country. I'm also not sure that it will do much good, but it's at least a way to make your opinion known. Newt will get enough publicity for this to maybe have some policy changes made. It beats just sitting around bitching about stuff.

It's getting up there, but still a long way to go. Thanks to everyone who's signed the petition.

Join the 1,134,865 people who have signed the petition. http://www.americansolutions.com/directupload/images/Gas-GagePetition.jpg

SaintLouieWoman
06-24-2008, 07:54 PM
Sorry, but bumping again. Let's help push it to 1,500,000. And don't forget to vote in our little unofficial CU poll if you haven't done so already.

Last time I looked it was 24 for drilling, 1 against it and 1 vote for the Jooos. :D

Join the 1,152,024 people who have signed the petition.
http://www.americansolutions.com/directupload/images/Gas-GagePetition.jpg

John
06-24-2008, 08:02 PM
Yes, we should be drilling *AND* building more Nuke plants *AND* allow the reprocessing of Nuke fuel *AND* still work on wind and solar *AND* continue to explore ethanol. Oh, and by "we" I mean the energy market not the government. All the government has to do is stand aside. They're just not so good at that anymore.

BTW, signed.

submarinepainter
06-24-2008, 08:13 PM
I want to drill but I also want other means used too. lets exploit all our resources at hand!!!

06-24-2008, 09:31 PM
Yes, we should be drilling *AND* building more Nuke plants *AND* allow the reprocessing of Nuke fuel *AND* still work on wind and solar *AND* continue to explore ethanol. Oh, and by "we" I mean the energy market not the government. All the government has to do is stand aside. They're just not so good at that anymore.

BTW, signed.

Yep. The government can best help by staying (getting) the hell out of the way.

SaintLouieWoman
06-25-2008, 09:06 AM
Yep. The government can best help by staying (getting) the hell out of the way.

It's tough to get them out of the way. Can't even imagine how difficult it will be in an Obama administration. At least on CU it's clear the vast majority (29-1) want us to do something to help the current situation. So far, only one person in our personal poll voted NO to any drilling. Is Eyelids back? :D

Here's this mornings update on the signing stats. If you haven't signed, please do. And vote on our little CU poll.

Thanks.

Join the 1,158,085 people who have signed the petition. http://www.americansolutions.com/directupload/images/Gas-GagePetition.jpg

SaintLouieWoman
06-25-2008, 03:18 PM
bump

After hearing that Supreme Court decision that the death penalty is not allowed for child rapists, feel that we need to do something, anything, to vent and try to make things better.

For anyone here who hasn't signed the petition for Newt, please consider signing. Obama is definitely not supporting this----til he probably does a giant flip flop if this petition really gets legs. It's on the way to 3 million sigs, but let's continue to do our part on CU to make this a reality.

lacarnut
06-26-2008, 01:32 PM
I want to drill but I also want other means used too. lets exploit all our resources at hand!!!

Let's use every resource available including drilling off the east and west coast. Drilling in the offshore area's is safe and like I said before not one drop of oil was spilled during monstor hurricanes like Katrina and Rita.

Everyone needs to sign this petition so that we can put some pressure on the dimwits in DC.

SaintLouieWoman
06-26-2008, 10:54 PM
Let's use every resource available including drilling off the east and west coast. Drilling in the offshore area's is safe and like I said before not one drop of oil was spilled during monstor hurricanes like Katrina and Rita.

Everyone needs to sign this petition so that we can put some pressure on the dimwits in DC.

Amen to that. After today's fiasco in the market, spurred on by the increase again in the cost of crude oil, it's even more important to send a message to the OPEC folk.

BTW, the voting on our CU poll is currently 32 for drilling, 1 against, and 1 for the Jooos option. Guess it's almost unanimous that those of us who bothered to vote on the poll favor Newt's Drill Now theme.

If you haven't signed the petition, please do if you favor it.

SaintLouieWoman
06-28-2008, 11:14 AM
Haven't bumped this for a while. Let's help get them at least halfway toward their goal. Remember that gas price climbing toward $5 a gallon and let's sign that petition.
BTW, the vote in our unofficial CU poll is now 33-1 for drilling. Please vote if you haven't already. It's obvious the CU concensus is to DRILL NOW!!!!

Join the 1,207,964 people who have signed the petition. http://www.americansolutions.com/directupload/images/Gas-GagePetition.jpg

Eyelids
06-28-2008, 11:47 AM
Oil is archaic and dated... its time to find a new form of energy.

SarasotaRepub
06-28-2008, 12:11 PM

Well I sure Obama could supply the US with plenty of hot air, just ain't good for much. :D

lacarnut
06-28-2008, 12:15 PM

Sure; However, hot air coming from liberals like you will not make us more energy dependent nor will it make the price of gasoline go down. The only answer the lefties have is no new drilling, no nukes and tax the oil compaines.

Alternative energy is a joke as far as a short term solution. Making Ethanol with corn (a food source) is the dumbest idea that the government has ever perpetrated on the American public. The price of corn and wheat has shot up so high that people are starving in poor countries. For example, people in Haiti are baking dirt to eat. Addi tonally, the cost of fertilizer has gone thru the roof because corn requires much greater use of it than other crops. So people in under developed countries can not afford to buy the seed and fertilizer to grow their own crops. Most well intended governmental programs like Ethanol make things worse. When the government sticks it's nose in things, it usually winds up with a pile of crap on its face.

So what's your answer to the problem, Junior. Like most liberals including Obama, you don't have one for the short term or the long term. BTW, oil and oil companies are not evil; only morons in DC and liberals think so.

AmPat
06-28-2008, 10:27 PM
I'm geting tiired of the Drol-Troll Eyelids. I have no poblem with your wrong opinions, I do have a problem with people like you (liberals) who fling pooh and are contrary for the sake of contrariness.

Why don't you educate all of us knuckle-draggers as to your bright solution for the problem? What do you propose that will FIX the problem.

Bitching about all things Conservative/Republican is not actually a solution or better idea. I expected more from a "self professed" college educated liberal like you.

Maybe I'm wrong about you, you may actually have a brain, care to prove it?:cool:

SaintLouieWoman
06-29-2008, 09:49 AM
I'm geting tiired of the Drol-Troll Eyelids. I have no poblem with your wrong opinions, I do have a problem with people like you (liberals) who fling pooh and are contrary for the sake of contrariness.

Why don't you educate all of us knuckle-draggers as to your bright solution for the problem? What do you propose that will FIX the problem.

Bitching about all things Conservative/Republican is not actually a solution or better idea. I expected more from a "self professed" college educated liberal like you.

Maybe I'm wrong about you, you may actually have a brain, care to prove it?:cool:

Agreed. I suspect he's contrary vote #2 in our poll, currently 37-2. .

At any rate, here's today's update of the #'s on signing the petition.

Join the 1,213,666 people who have signed the petition. http://www.americansolutions.com/directupload/images/Gas-GagePetition.jpg

PeterS
06-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Demand is world wide and price set by the international market. What is the purpose of attempting to gain oil independence when the price we pay is unchanged? What exactly are you attempting to achieve and at what price?

Zathras
06-29-2008, 10:36 AM

So your plan is to keep the status quo with Americans paying more and more for oil coming from non-domestic sources instead of using what we have here while these alternate energy sources are developed.

PeterS
06-29-2008, 11:10 AM
So your plan is to keep the status quo with Americans paying more and more for oil coming from non-domestic sources instead of using what we have here while these alternate energy sources are developed.

Since the price I pay is irrelevant to its source why does the source matter?

hampshirebrit
06-29-2008, 12:15 PM

Excellent thread, well done SLW for posting it.

The poll itself is such a no brainer.

We need to drill, drill, drill to buy ourselves enough time to develop scalabliity for the new solutions already available.

Anyone who really wants blackouts, high gas prices and dependencies on hostile regimes, they can vote against it.

Me, I'm in love with the petroleum age, and I don't want it to end.

SaintLouieWoman
06-29-2008, 12:23 PM
Excellent thread, well done SLW for posting it.

The poll itself is such a no brainer.

We need to drill, drill, drill to buy ourselves enough time to develop scalabliity for the new solutions already available.

Anyone who really wants blackouts, high gas prices and dependencies on hostile regimes, they can vote against it.

Me, I'm in love with the petroleum age, and I don't want it to end.

Thanks. The folks who want the blackouts, higher gas prices and dependencies on the Middle East probably were Jimmy Carter supporters. Even in more liberal California, 59% of the people are in favor of more offshore drilling off the California coast.

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/local&id=6214070

PeterS
06-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Thanks. The folks who want the blackouts, higher gas prices and dependencies on the Middle East probably were Jimmy Carter supporters. Even in more liberal California, 59% of the people are in favor of more offshore drilling off the California coast.

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/local&id=6214070

Blackouts! 1.6% of electrical generation is dependent on petroleum. Do you honestly think this amount of dependency will lead to blackouts? Are you nuts? And why is it no one will address the issue that more drilling will not lead to lower prices. The US does not dictate demand anymore and price is set by the world, not US, market.

06-29-2008, 03:44 PM
Blackouts! 1.6% of electrical generation is dependent on petroleum. Do you honestly think this amount of dependency will lead to blackouts? Are you nuts? And why is it no one will address the issue that more drilling will not lead to lower prices. The US does not dictate demand anymore and price is set by the world, not US, market.

Because increasing supply WILL lead to lower prices. WHy would it not Peter??

PeterS
06-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Because increasing supply WILL lead to lower prices. WHy would it not Peter??

In Texas we have a surplus of oil and yet we pay only a few penny's below national average. Why?

SaintLouieWoman
06-29-2008, 06:47 PM
In Texas we have a surplus of oil and yet we pay only a few penny's below national average. Why?

Because OPEC still calls the shots on the price of crude. If we have more control of it, there's a better chance of the price going down. If there is a plentiful supply, the law of supply and demand should take hold.

Remember Bubba Clinton's "It's the economy, stupid". Newt's "Drill here, drill now, pay less" is beautiful in its message. It succinctly appeals to folks from all walks of life.

It's sort of catchy, like that eternal "CHANGE, CHANGE, HOPE" thingy.

PeterS
06-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Because OPEC still calls the shots on the price of crude. If we have more control of it, there's a better chance of the price going down. If there is a plentiful supply, the law of supply and demand should take hold.

Remember Bubba Clinton's "It's the economy, stupid". Newt's "Drill here, drill now, pay less" is beautiful in its message. It succinctly appeals to folks from all walks of life.

It's sort of catchy, like that eternal "CHANGE, CHANGE, HOPE" thingy.

It appeals to simpletons, morons, and those who refuse to think for themselves. To drive down the price of oil supply would have to exceed demand. This means that you don’t replace OPEC oil but add to it. The 64 million dollar question is why would the oil giants spend billions to create a glut in one area while there is supply scarcity in another area? Why on earth would you work to sell oil for a lower price in one area when you can do nothing and sell it for a higher price in another?

You got the “stupid” part right but little else…

SaintLouieWoman
06-29-2008, 10:48 PM
It appeals to simpletons, morons, and those who refuse to think for themselves. To drive down the price of oil supply would have to exceed demand. This means that you don’t replace OPEC oil but add to it. The 64 million dollar question is why would the oil giants spend billions to create a glut in one area while there is supply scarcity in another area? Why on earth would you work to sell oil for a lower price in one area when you can do nothing and sell it for a higher price in another?

You got the “stupid” part right but little else…

Won't dignify this with further comment. No use for the snotty comments. :rolleyes:

jeskibuff
06-29-2008, 11:16 PM
Demand is world wide and price set by the international market. What is the purpose of attempting to gain oil independence when the price we pay is unchanged? What exactly are you attempting to achieve and at what price?Is this a trick question or what? :rolleyes:

You failed to mention the OTHER element that determines the "price set by the international market": SUPPLY.

When you increase supply, that usually decreases the price. Also, since the price of a barrel of oil nowadays is influenced more by speculators than by the actual supply, knowing that tomorrow's oil is not as subject to the whims of a limited number of Middle Eastern whackos should help to drop the price on the commodities market. Increasing our capability to supply our own needs will not only help achieve that energy independence, but it WILL reduce what we pay per barrel.

PeterS
06-29-2008, 11:27 PM
Have none of you even thought about what you are talking about? Demand for oil is world wide therefore price is set world wide not regionally. You can only lower the price of oil if you can out pump world wide demand. It is a ridiculous proposition and you expect a dignified response? If you really want to pay less for fuel then get a hybrid and/or drive fewer miles but drill offshore then continue to do as you are now and you are going to pay exactly what the world wide market dictates-which will be more. So when you accomplish nothing in drilling offshore what is your purpose of drilling offshore?

Think about what you are talking about and maybe my response wouldn't be so curt!

jeskibuff
06-29-2008, 11:28 PM
It appeals to simpletons, morons, and those who refuse to think for themselves.Sounds like a liberal in projection mode to me.

To drive down the price of oil supply would have to exceed demand.Not true. Doing nothing would only increase the price because demand is only expected to increase with the emergence of China and India's economies. Even if there's no possible way of offsetting an increase of 1 barrel on the demand side with 1 barrel on the supply side, increasing the supply even partially will make that barrel cheaper than it would have been by doing nothing.

You liberals are such defeatists. You really should stay home on election day because your one vote will have such little effect against the millions that will be cast for McCain.

You got the “stupid” part right but little else…There's that projection thing again.

PeterS
06-29-2008, 11:46 PM
Is this a trick question or what? :rolleyes:

You failed to mention the OTHER element that determines the "price set by the international market": SUPPLY.

When you increase supply, that usually decreases the price. Also, since the price of a barrel of oil nowadays is influenced more by speculators than by the actual supply, knowing that tomorrow's oil is not as subject to the whims of a limited number of Middle Eastern whackos should help to drop the price on the commodities market. Increasing our capability to supply our own needs will not only help achieve that energy independence, but it WILL reduce what we pay per barrel.

Bull!!! Both ANWAR and offshore at full capacity will not put a dent in worldwide supply and you forget that as you put cheaper sources on-line more expensive sources go off-line leaving net supply unchanged. Oil men are not the idiots that you portray and they will not pump themselves into bankruptcy. You are correct about speculation though and as with all speculative bubbles it too will pop. Then price will come down but it will have nothing to do with drilling offshore.

PeterS
06-30-2008, 12:03 AM
Sounds like a liberal in projection mode to me.

Not true. Doing nothing would only increase the price because demand is only expected to increase with the emergence of China and India's economies. Even if there's no possible way of offsetting an increase of 1 barrel on the demand side with 1 barrel on the supply side, increasing the supply even partially will make that barrel cheaper than it would have been by doing nothing.

You liberals are such defeatists. You really should stay home on election day because your one vote will have such little effect against the millions that will be cast for McCain.

There's that projection thing again.

Projection? Coming from the collective that thinks we are going to have blackouts because of the price of oil and your attempt at insult isn’t.

"It would be a relatively small effect, because it would take such a long time to bring those supplies on," …"It doesn't affect prices that much." Guy Caruso (http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN2546114820080625), head of the federal Energy Information Administration.

This is your guy. If your own people don’t think it is going to have an impact why do you?

PeterS
06-30-2008, 12:05 AM
Not true. Doing nothing would only increase the price

Rig count is nearing record levels. How is it you think we are doing nothing?

lacarnut
06-30-2008, 12:09 AM
Bull!!! Both ANWAR and offshore at full capacity will not put a dent in worldwide supply and you forget that as you put cheaper sources on-line more expensive sources go off-line leaving net supply unchanged. Oil men are not the idiots that you portray and they will not pump themselves into bankruptcy. You are correct about speculation though and as with all speculative bubbles it too will pop. Then price will come down but it will have nothing to do with drilling offshore.

At the present time, we are only drilling in a small area in the Gulf of Mexico. Additonally, how do you know that drilling in the offshore area and off the east and west coast will not make a huge difference along with drilling in Anwar. Are you a mind reader or a geologist. There are areas of huge deposits of oil and gas within the 48 states. For example, a huge natural gas discovery was recently made below Shreveport La. It was just discovered a few weeks ago by (CHK).

Don't you just love it when dumb asses talk about the oil business and don't know their ass from the hole in the ground. BTW, the announcement of drilling in Anwar and the offshore area are would have a huge physiological effect which would cause the price to go down. If you have ever followed the stock market, perception has a great deal of influence on oil stock prices and retail prices of gasoline. .

LogansPapa
06-30-2008, 12:47 AM
Huntington Beach Oil Production Figures for 2007:

Offshore: 1, 603,000 barrels

Onshore: 473,000 barrels

Total Barrels: 2, 076,000

;)

06-30-2008, 07:07 AM

Because, as you said earlier, Oil exists as a world commodity. The price is not locally set, it is set by WORLD supply and demand factors.

We have enough oil HERE to affect world supply significantly - but the Democrats and the eviro-idiots keep preventing us from developing it and then they prevent us from refining it.

Zeus
06-30-2008, 10:21 AM
Because, as you said earlier, Oil exists as a world commodity. The price is not locally set, it is set by WORLD supply and demand factors.

We have enough oil HERE to affect world supply significantly - but the Democrats and the eviro-idiots keep preventing us from developing it and then they prevent us from refining it.

3 Ways to Lower Gas Prices (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOpcPfAarjY&eurl=http://boortz.com/more/video/newt_how_to_lower_gas_prices.html)

06-30-2008, 01:33 PM
Projection? Coming from the collective that thinks we are going to have blackouts because of the price of oil and your attempt at insult isn’t.

"It would be a relatively small effect, because it would take such a long time to bring those supplies on," …"It doesn't affect prices that much." Guy Caruso (http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN2546114820080625), head of the federal Energy Information Administration.

This is your guy. If your own people don’t think it is going to have an impact why do you?

ANWR and other remote areas wold take a while to bring oil to market, but allowing us to drill offshore where we have the infrastructure close by would begin producing marketable oil in @ 1 year.

ConJinx
06-30-2008, 01:57 PM
What ever happened to the Wolverine find in Utah that was alleged to have a bil. + barrels, the 2 + bil. in the Dakotas. What about the fact that Alaskans want to access the resources in their state. We are a Republic, and yet Federal obstruction by career politicians with leashes around their necks held by nefarious characters, are making the American people slaves in our own country. How 'bout that run-on sentence!!!

06-30-2008, 01:59 PM
3 Ways to Lower Gas Prices (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOpcPfAarjY&eurl=http://boortz.com/more/video/newt_how_to_lower_gas_prices.html)

Newt is right except I don't blame speculators for much of the problem. The ONLY reason they are having any impact at all right now is because the demand is exceeding supply and any POSSIBLE interference with supply gives them a reason to panic/take advantage of that panic.

Currently world demand exceeds production by @ 1 million barrels per day by simply overcoming that shortage and by providing enough cushion in the supply/demand equation to head off the panic, prices would drop dramatically.

In 2004 we had a surplus of daily oil demand of @1 million barrels and prices were half what they are today. There is no reason to believe that producing a surplus of similar amounts would not result in a similar price now.

The liberals are able to fool many people by saying drilling in ANWR (OR in the Pacific, OR in the Gulf, OR in the Atlantic etc.) is not likely to affect prices significantly - citing administration studies that say the same. What they neglect to tell people is that ANWR (OR in the Pacific, OR in the Gulf, OR in the Atlantic, OR under the Rockies etc.) is not the question. The proper question is whether drilling in ANWR AND in the Pacific AND in the Gulf AND in the ATLANTIC AND in the Rockies etc., would affect prices. You see, by isolating each individual oil field, they minimize the potential impact. That is the way they fool people. It is similar to the power of water. A single drop or even a single thunderstorm does not have all that much power, but billions of rain drops and a combination of thunderstorms can have a devastating effect, having the power to destroy whole regions.

Individual oil fields may or may not have all that much impact by themselves, but combined with others, the power to bring down prices is awesome. The impact is not linear, it is exponential, each bit of extra oil supply over the amount of demand has more of an impact that those that came earlier - because each extra barrel of oil is not now just going to meet demand, it is going to offset potential disruptions. That would take the spectulators out of the equation WITHOUT harming the industries that are buying futures as a hedge against unknown price increases.

06-30-2008, 02:03 PM
What ever happened to the Wolverine find in Utah that was alleged to have a bil. + barrels, the 2 + bil. in the Dakotas. What about the fact that Alaskans want to access the resources in their state. We are a Republic, and yet Federal obstruction by career politicians with leashes around their necks held by nefarious characters, are making the American people slaves in our own country. How 'bout that run-on sentence!!!

What happened???

Lawsuits brought by Democrats/Socialists in the Environmental movement and Prohibitions and excessive regulations brought on by Democrats/ Socialists in congress.

It makes things excessively expensive and incredibly slow to bring things like this to hit the market.

ConJinx
06-30-2008, 02:04 PM
wait till a hurricane get into the Gulf. We Floridians can't WAIT til we have to choose between food or fuel, again.:cool:

ConJinx
06-30-2008, 02:08 PM
I'm truly stunned by peoples reaction to or lack of reaction when we're told it'll take decades. I hate to say it but JFK was the last one to say, and I'm gonna paraphrase, "we're gonna do this and the other things, now shut up and do it."

06-30-2008, 02:14 PM
I'm truly stunned by peoples reaction to or lack of reaction when we're told it'll take decades. I hate to say it but JFK was the last one to say, and I'm gonna paraphrase, "we're gonna do this and the other things, now shut up and do it."

Yep.

Except the lie the left wants to propagate is that it will take decades. It won't. That figure is ONLY for the remote areas like ANWR. We have trillions of barrels right in the lower 48 with relatively fast access to market - some in as little as a year.

ConJinx
06-30-2008, 02:28 PM
It's sad actually. The perception that our "leaders" have Americas interests at heart. I try so hard not to become part of the tin-foil hat club, but it becomes more clear by the day that it is purposefully being done to cripple or destroy our Union. Does no one recall the works of Marx, the deeds of Lenin, the actual truth of what Liberty means. The selfish ideologies of the Left and the inaction of the so called Right are driving us to sub-servant beggars. Please sir, could I have some more oil.

lacarnut
06-30-2008, 02:31 PM
wait till a hurricane get into the Gulf. We Floridians can't WAIT til we have to choose between food or fuel, again.:cool:

What baffles the living hell out of me is that the fear of endangering the environment is a tactics used by liberals and Env. nuts that have no basis in fact. Many hurricanes have passes thru the Gulf of Mexico (Katrina and Rita) and not one drop of oil was spilled. Additionally, it is much safer to drill in the Gulf of Mexico, pipe it in to land than it is to bring it in by tanker (think Exxon's Valdez and a spill in San Fran). Another benefit other than the obvious ones is that the offshore platforms provide a haven for fish and some of the best fishing in the world. I can not understand why these morons in DC don't get it. The Gulf of Mexico (off Louisiana's coast) has an abundance of shrimp and oysters. I guess these numb-nuts in other part of the country (east and west coast) think it is okay to drill in the Gulf with the possibility of screwing up our environment but not theirs. Someone from a non producing oil state needs to explain that to me. They can not because they are too fucking stupid.

06-30-2008, 03:35 PM
What baffles the living hell out of me is that the fear of endangering the environment is a tactics used by liberals and Env. nuts that have no basis in fact. Many hurricanes have passes thru the Gulf of Mexico (Katrina and Rita) and not one drop of oil was spilled. Additionally, it is much safer to drill in the Gulf of Mexico, pipe it in to land than it is to bring it in by tanker (think Exxon's Valdez and a spill in San Fran). Another benefit other than the obvious ones is that the offshore platforms provide a haven for fish and some of the best fishing in the world. I can not understand why these morons in DC don't get it. The Gulf of Mexico (off Louisiana's coast) has an abundance of shrimp and oysters. I guess these numb-nuts in other part of the country (east and west coast) think it is okay to drill in the Gulf with the possibility of screwing up our environment but not theirs. Someone from a non producing oil state needs to explain that to me. They can not because they are too fucking stupid.

Since when have facts EVER been an issue for leftists??

Zeus
06-30-2008, 04:30 PM
Newt is right except I don't blame speculators for much of the problem. The ONLY reason they are having any impact at all right now is because the demand is exceeding supply and any POSSIBLE interference with supply gives them a reason to panic/take advantage of that panic.

Currently world demand exceeds production by @ 1 million barrels per day by simply overcoming that shortage and by providing enough cushion in the supply/demand equation to head off the panic, prices would drop dramatically.

In 2004 we had a surplus of daily oil demand of @1 million barrels and prices were half what they are today. There is no reason to believe that producing a surplus of similar amounts would not result in a similar price now.

The liberals are able to fool many people by saying drilling in ANWR (OR in the Pacific, OR in the Gulf, OR in the Atlantic etc.) is not likely to affect prices significantly - citing administration studies that say the same. What they neglect to tell people is that ANWR (OR in the Pacific, OR in the Gulf, OR in the Atlantic, OR under the Rockies etc.) is not the question. The proper question is whether drilling in ANWR AND in the Pacific AND in the Gulf AND in the ATLANTIC AND in the Rockies etc., would affect prices. You see, by isolating each individual oil field, they minimize the potential impact. That is the way they fool people. It is similar to the power of water. A single drop or even a single thunderstorm does not have all that much power, but billions of rain drops and a combination of thunderstorms can have a devastating effect, having the power to destroy whole regions.

Individual oil fields may or may not have all that much impact by themselves, but combined with others, the power to bring down prices is awesome. The impact is not linear, it is exponential, each bit of extra oil supply over the amount of demand has more of an impact that those that came earlier - because each extra barrel of oil is not now just going to meet demand, it is going to offset potential disruptions. That would take the spectulators out of the equation WITHOUT harming the industries that are buying futures as a hedge against unknown price increases.

Right now I'd say Speculation has as much to do with world oil prices as anything else. Especially when dealing with a perceived limited world commodity it pretty much becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Part of me doesn't blame the speculative mkt for going balls out but part of me wouldn't shed any tears if the spec oil market players took a big hit.

06-30-2008, 06:00 PM
Right now I'd say Speculation has as much to do with world oil prices as anything else. Especially when dealing with a perceived limited world commodity it pretty much becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Part of me doesn't blame the speculative mkt for going balls out but part of me wouldn't shed any tears if the spec oil market players took a big hit.

Yes, BUT the ONLY reason the speculators have ANY ability to affect prices is because we lack enough supply to meet demand reliably and not be impacted by things like Hurricanes, Dictators throwing a hissy fit etc.

SaintLouieWoman
06-30-2008, 10:52 PM
Join the 1,230,478 people who have signed the petition. http://www.americansolutions.com/directupload/images/Gas-GagePetition.jpg

They just might get their 3 million signatures---aiming to achieve it by the conventions.
BTW, our poll is now 43 in favor, 3 against.

On a local talk show, the host stated that even many dems are advocating drilling.

Zeus
06-30-2008, 11:12 PM
Yes, BUT the ONLY reason the speculators have ANY ability to affect prices is because we lack enough supply to meet demand reliably and not be impacted by things like Hurricanes, Dictators throwing a hissy fit etc.

Could be why it's speculation ???? just sayin';)

lacarnut
06-30-2008, 11:26 PM
Could be why it's speculation ???? just sayin';)

I don't think anyone knows how much effect (price per barrel) speculators have. If the government announced that drilling could take place in AK, the entire Gulf of M. and the east and west coast offshore areas, the price would drop dramatically. The psychological effect would be tremendous even though the current production level would be unaffected in the short run.

SaintLouieWoman
07-01-2008, 10:42 PM
http://www.americansolutions.com/

Follow the link. I'm not posting the stats today, but there is a very inspiring U-tube video that's worth watching.

4th of July is being declared as Energy Independence Day.

Drill Now

Drill here

Pay less.

Sounds good to me.

If you haven't yet signed the petition, please join Newt in his quest to achieve 3 million sigs. It will help if each of us do his or her part.

Cold Warrior
07-01-2008, 11:11 PM
As I've noted in other threads, I'm unclear as to why people think that additional drilling in the US areas (ANWR, the Gulf, off California) will bring down the price of gas in the short term -- it will not. Certainly there are national security reasons to do so, as well as long-term objectives that would be facilitated by such. However, it will NOT bring down the price of oil/gasoline in the short-term.

Oil is a global commodity and is sold according to global pricing. Unless all us true conservatives wish the government to intervene with some sort of price controls (the impact of which would be very interesting), oil derived from ANWR, for example, will sell at global prices. The short term effect will be minimal, excepting the psychological bump that would inevitably occur based upon a public change in US policy.

If you would like to know the real reason for the price of oil, ask yourself (and google if it helps) the price of oil in dollars and in Euros at each of the following value points of the dollar to the Euro:

1. Dollar: .80 Euro: 1
2. Dollar: 1 Euro: 1
3. Dollar: 1.20 Euro: 1
4. Dollar: 1.40 Euro: 1
5. Dollar: 1.55 Euro: 1

SaintLouieWoman
07-02-2008, 11:21 PM
Join the 1,256,031 people who have signed the petition. http://www.americansolutions.com/directupload/images/Gas-GagePetition.jpg

Even a falling tree can't deter me from bumping this again. :D

Please, if you haven't signed the petition, please do if you're so inclined.

I've been thinking that the terrorists haven't needed to explode any more planes into our buildings. They might have finally gotten a bit smarter. All they have to do is wreck our economy by driving up the price of oil to intolerable levels. Look at what's happening to our stock market, to companies going out of business, airlines curtailing their schedules.

We can go into all the elaborate explanations about the Euro vs the dollar, but the facts plain and simple are both the Europeans and us are both paying extremely high gas prices (their prices are more than ours.

Please go to the link on the first page and copy and send to everyone on your email lists. We need to give this petition another little boost.
Thanks

SaintLouieWoman
07-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Join the 1,269,855 people who have signed the petition. http://www.americansolutions.com/directupload/images/Gas-GagePetition.jpg

The numbers are ever so slowly creeping up to 1 1/2 million signatures. BTW, our own poll shows 49 in favor of drilling, 3 against.

If you haven't voted, please stop by our little thread. I apologize for bumping this, but really hope that more folks will sign the petition and vote in the thread. I'm thinking of sending this to Hannity in another week with our unscientific poll results. Thanks to all who voted. :)

lacarnut
07-03-2008, 10:43 PM
As I've noted in other threads, I'm unclear as to why people think that additional drilling in the US areas (ANWR, the Gulf, off California) will bring down the price of gas in the short term -- it will not. Certainly there are national security reasons to do so, as well as long-term objectives that would be facilitated by such. However, it will NOT bring down the price of oil/gasoline in the short-term.

Oil is a global commodity and is sold according to global pricing. Unless all us true conservatives wish the government to intervene with some sort of price controls (the impact of which would be very interesting), oil derived from ANWR, for example, will sell at global prices. The short term effect will be minimal, excepting the psychological bump that would inevitably occur based upon a public change in US policy.

If you would like to know the real reason for the price of oil, ask yourself (and google if it helps) the price of oil in dollars and in Euros at each of the following value points of the dollar to the Euro:

1. Dollar: .80 Euro: 1
2. Dollar: 1 Euro: 1
3. Dollar: 1.20 Euro: 1
4. Dollar: 1.40 Euro: 1
5. Dollar: 1.55 Euro: 1

The question is not whether oil prices will go up or down in the short term nor should we be concerned about the Euro to dollar exchange rate. The exchange rate could reverse itself. It has done so in the past; so it's a possibility.

The question we should ask ourselves is, do we want to initiate a comprehensive energy policy which incorporates drilling, nukes and alternative energy so that our reliance on foreign oil is diminished in the future. If the answer is no, then be prepared for 10 dollar gasoline, brownouts and other unpleasant energy situations like rationing. Our politicians should have prepared us for this day of reckoning starting with the oil embargo 30 plus years ago.

07-04-2008, 07:28 AM
Drilling now would put oil on the market in (depending on where you drill) between 8 months and 8 years from now.

The knowledge that a flood of oil is about to hit the market will drive the futures down for the time period that the oil is expected to hit the market.

When enough oil is expected to hit the market to overcome the shortage in supply plus provide a cushion, prices will drop.

That is simply a fact.

07-04-2008, 07:29 AM
Drilling now would put oil on the market in between 8 months and 8 years from now (depending on where you drill).

The knowledge that a flood of oil is about to hit the market will drive the futures down for the time period that the oil is expected to hit the market.

When enough oil hits the market to overcome the shortage in supply plus provide a cushion, prices will drop dramatically.

That is simply a fact.

PeterS
07-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Drilling now would put oil on the market in between 8 months and 8 years from now (depending on where you drill).

When enough oil hits the market to overcome the shortage in supply plus provide a cushion, prices will drop dramatically.

That is simply a fact.

Also a simple fact is that if cheap oil hit’s the market more expensive oil will be withdrawn thereby pushing prices back up. I would also like for you to explain why oil companies would spend billions to develop older fields then intentionally create a situation that will force them to shut them down. Your contention that it is the oil industries desire to bankrupt itself just so you can have cheap oil is ridiculous.

You are also aware that what you are proposing is both short-term and short-sighted. You can accomplish more by simply driving 55 than what you are proposing.

07-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Also a simple fact is that if cheap oil hit’s the market more expensive oil will be withdrawn thereby pushing prices back up.
There is no such thing as "cheap oil" and "expensive oil" in the way you describe. There is a market price.

I would also like for you to explain why oil companies would spend billions to develop older fields then intentionally create a situation that will force them to shut them down. Your contention that it is the oil industries desire to bankrupt itself just so you can have cheap oil is ridiculous.

Nothing is as ridiculous as your statements here.

You are also aware that what you are proposing is both short-term and short-sighted. You can accomplish more by simply driving 55 than what you are proposing.

I am not against conservation (although good luck with this one). But there is no need to keep the trillions of barrels of oil we have RIGHT HERE off the market either. NONE.

Loogie
07-06-2008, 08:26 AM
I can think of more specific reasons (which may have been mentioned somewhere in this thread already) for drilling on our own soil.
If supply is cut off from the middle east (or from outside our shores) we can divert oil exclusively to ourselves.

If the middle east were to explode in all-out war, we would still have resources available.

Another reason is that American companies would profit rather than our enemies.

"Energy independence" means we find ways of producing our own energy, and that includes finding our own oil.
I am not a "green," but I love the idea of a multi-faceted market-based solution to our issues. Drill for our own oil, nuclear power, solar, wind, biofuels (done reasonably, of course), electric cars (I would love to have one for getting around town), geothermal, coal, natural gas, "depolymerization" technology, fuel cells, etc.
I look around my neighborhood and wonder how much less energy we would use if every home had a small 10'x10' solar panel on the roof...and a small windmill? And really good insulation?

One piece of the puzzle isn't enough, but add them all up and we could make a pretty big dent in the issue.
I don't mind if the government helps the issue along by inspiring market competition via awarding contracts to the most innovative, realistic and affordable products/solutions. How about a 10-year plan? I am not encouraging the government to mandate things, but having our tax dollars provide a stick and a big juicy carrot--it would be an optional pursuit for a company, not mandatory.
I am not talking about dumb legislation such as barely-attainable CAFE or pollution standards, but truly attainable goals.

What pisses me off is that liberals whine about the issue, and when solutions are offered they whine "NO!"
Drill for oil? NO! Nuclear? NO! Coal? NO! Solar? NO! Windmills? "NO! It spoils my view of the harbor..."

Liberal: I have an idea! Lets stifle our businesses by mandating unreachable goals and demonizing the "evil corporation", and the penalize them for not reaching the goals...and re-distribute that money to the poor! And lets demonize them more when they move their operations out of America!

America has always been amazing innovators. We have been to the moon!
We should unleash the beast, and fix this problem.

lacarnut
07-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Also a simple fact is that if cheap oil hit’s the market more expensive oil will be withdrawn thereby pushing prices back up. I would also like for you to explain why oil companies would spend billions to develop older fields then intentionally create a situation that will force them to shut them down. Your contention that it is the oil industries desire to bankrupt itself just so you can have cheap oil is ridiculous.

There is so such thing as cheap oil; 4 oil companies will start the process of drilling 75 to 125 miles off FL coast in the Gulf of Mexico. The oil companies will spend millions before one drop of oil or natural gas comes to market. Total expenditures for these projects total in the billions. They would not invest in this expensive project if they thought oil and gas would dramatically decrease in price.

The cost of drilling has increased and demand has increased; consequently, the price of oil will remain high. You can accomplish much more than driving 55 to lower the price of gasoline in the short and long term by exploring all forms of developing current and new energy sources plus conservation. Alternative energy is only a band aid to the problem in the short term. So why bother investing in alternative energy if we are to follow your logic on drilling. Ethanol is a good example of an idea gone bad. Nuke plants is a good idea along with new refineries but no one wants them in their back yard plus you have these Env. nuts that are against everything except using a food source (corn) to make Ethanol which in the manufacturing process is a heavy polluter. The EPA raised air pollution standard for the first time in history for this one manufacturer.

Howie66
07-06-2008, 10:26 AM

Would you care to provide some supporting facts to this statement?

Cold Warrior
07-06-2008, 10:36 AM
Would you care to provide some supporting facts to this statement?

Easy peasy...

One energy analyst, John Dowd of Sanford C. Bernstein & Co, told a Senate panel this month that "if, as a country, we were to obey speed limits for the next two months, we would probably conserve more fuel than will be lost by the refinery outages [after Katrina]. Reducing speeds from 70 m.p.h. to 60 m.p.h., for example, improves fuel efficiency by 15 percent. If Americans want to know what they can do to limit gasoline price inflation, the answer is simple: slow down."
Christian Science Monitor (http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0923/p08s01-comv.html), 23 September 2005

Test #2 Lower Speeds Saves Gas (http://www.edmunds.com/advice/fueleconomy/articles/106842/article.html#test2)

Remember a thing called the speed limit? On most highways it is either 65 or 70 mph. How fast are the cars and trucks around you going? From 75 mph to 90 mph. These people are wasting a lot of gas for the chance to get there a little earlier. Factor in safety concerns and a speeding ticket once or twice a year and going fast is a costly proposition.

Method: This test was simple. For 50 miles we drove with the cruise control set at 65 mph. Then, for another 50-mile stretch we drove with cruise set at 75 mph. We repeated this test going in the opposite direction. It is amazing how obvious the difference in gas mileage was. Just think what would have happened if we had slowed down to 60 mph. The only problem is with impatient drivers behind you. One driver became so irate that he tried to run our editor off the road. Still, if you are pinched by gas prices. Leave a little early and drive the speed limit (in the slow lane).

PeterS
07-06-2008, 10:48 AM
There is so such thing as cheap oil

If there is no such thing as cheap oil then why did Texas oil fields shut down during the 80’s and there is a rush to pump now? It is one thing to spend millions to get millions and another to spend millions in the hope of getting hundreds of thousands. Yes, there is such a thing as cheap and expensive oil. We have only extracted 20% of our oil and to get the bulk of the rest oil is going to have to remain very, very expensive.

They would not invest in this expensive project if they thought oil and gas would dramatically decrease in price.

And that has been my point all along. Anyone who thinks that oil companies are going to invest billions in order to drive down the price of oil is a complete fool. They aren’t going to do it which is why you will never see a flood of oil hit the market. This of course begs the question of just why we are salivating to drill in these areas when it will not have a positive impact on our wallets. If there is nothing in it for us what's the point?

The cost of drilling has increased and demand has increased; consequently, the price of oil will remain high. You can accomplish much more than driving 55 to lower the price of gasoline in the short and long term by exploring all forms of developing current and new energy sources plus conservation.

Are you talking to me?

Alternative energy is only a band aid to the problem in the short term.

Alternative energy is a long-term approach. How can this be a short-term solution?

So why bother investing in alternative energy if we are to follow your logic on drilling.

What is my logic on drilling?

Ethanol is a good example of an idea gone bad.

Ethanol form corn never made sense. Brazil (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol_fuel_in_Brazil)has much better approach using sugarcane.

Nuke plants is a good idea along with new refineries but no one wants them in their back yard

That’s exactly right. Everyone wants the energy from them but no one wants them in their back yards. So do we invoke eminent domain and seize property for the greater good?

PeterS
07-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Liberal: I have an idea! Lets stifle our businesses by mandating unreachable goals and demonizing the "evil corporation", and the penalize them for not reaching the goals...and re-distribute that money to the poor! And lets demonize them more when they move their operations out of America!

So liberals are keeping you from putting up solar panels. None stopped me nor did they prevent me from adding insulation to my house, nor a radiant barrier, nor triple pane windows, nor buying a hybrid for both my daughter and wife. And since all of this came from evil corporations just how have I demonized them?

I do love the way you made it seem you cons are behind the push for alternative energy. I got a good laugh from that one!

PeterS
07-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Which will determine whether a well pumps or not. The more you drive down price the fewer wells will pump oil.

Which will determine whether a well pumps or not. The more you drive down price the fewer wells will pump oil.

Nothing is as ridiculous as your statements here.

Try reading anything you write...

I am not against conservation (although good luck with this one).

We have already cut our yearly miles driven by 16 billion. That's conservation. How did I need any luck? Conservation is going to happen whether you like it or not. The only question begged is why you are so resistant to it?

But there is no need to keep the trillions of barrels of oil we have RIGHT HERE off the market either. NONE.

Nor have you presented a reason to put them on the market...other than not having them on the market will force you to conserve. Frankly I think you just made the case for not drilling!

SaintLouieWoman
07-06-2008, 08:48 PM
I can think of more specific reasons (which may have been mentioned somewhere in this thread already) for drilling on our own soil.
If supply is cut off from the middle east (or from outside our shores) we can divert oil exclusively to ourselves.

If the middle east were to explode in all-out war, we would still have resources available.

"Energy independence" means we find ways of producing our own energy, and that includes finding our own oil.

I am not a "green," but I love the idea of a multi-faceted market-based solution to our issues. Drill for our own oil, nuclear power, solar, wind, biofuels (done reasonably, of course), electric cars (I would love to have one for getting around town), geothermal, coal, natural gas, "depolymerization" technology, fuel cells, etc.
I look around my neighborhood and wonder how much less energy we would use if every home had a small 10'x10' solar panel on the roof...and a small windmill? And really good insulation?

One piece of the puzzle isn't enough, but add them all up and we could make a pretty big dent in the issue.
I don't mind if the government helps the issue along by inspiring market competition via awarding contracts to the most innovative, realistic and affordable products/solutions. How about a 10-year plan? I am not encouraging the government to mandate things, but having our tax dollars provide a stick and a big juicy carrot--it would be an optional pursuit for a company, not mandatory.
I am not talking about dumb legislation such as barely-attainable CAFE or pollution standards, but truly attainable goals.

What pisses me off is that liberals whine about the issue, and when solutions are offered they whine "NO!"
Drill for oil? NO! Nuclear? NO! Coal? NO! Solar? NO! Windmills? "NO! It spoils my view of the harbor..."

Very good post that goes beyond the traditional conservative/lib argument. It's sensible and gets why we need to develop our independence from oils from the Middle East.
Thanks for posting this.

BTW here is the latest update on the Newt petition drive. If you haven't signed it yet, please do if you agree. We need to make our voices heard. Remember Laura Ingraham's motto, "Power to the People". Here's our chance to make our wishes known.

And please note our informal CU poll is now 52-3 in favor of drilling.

Join the 1,286,129 people who have signed the petition. http://www.americansolutions.com/directupload/images/Gas-GagePetition.jpg

AmPat
07-06-2008, 09:16 PM

We have already cut our yearly miles driven by 16 billion. That's conservation. How did I need any luck? Conservation is going to happen whether you like it or not. The only question begged is why you are so resistant to it?
!

I can't validate the 16 billion you quote but I can tell you that the US population has cut the requirement for oil by nearly,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,1%. We sure are doing our part.:rolleyes:
Here's the rub. That oil isn't sitting around waiting for the USA to use when we need it, it got sold to the Chinese and/or India.

Our conservation as a nation will not improve our plight. China buys oil in US dollars. Those dollars spend the same way for them as us. The oil we don't buy gets bought by other countries. :(

I would also like for you to explain why oil companies would spend billions to develop older fields then intentionally create a situation that will force them to shut them down. Your contention that it is the oil industries desire to bankrupt itself just so you can have cheap oil is ridiculous.
For that to even be a reality you would have to believe that oil would magically decrese in price. By the time additional oil is found, the cost of exploration and development has to be paid. The oil companies are run like any other big business.

Loogie
07-07-2008, 11:58 AM
So liberals are keeping you from putting up solar panels. None stopped me nor did they prevent me from adding insulation to my house, nor a radiant barrier, nor triple pane windows, nor buying a hybrid for both my daughter and wife. And since all of this came from evil corporations just how have I demonized them?

I do love the way you made it seem you cons are behind the push for alternative energy. I got a good laugh from that one!

I didn't state that liberals are preventing an individual from placing solar panels or insulating their home.
Don't put words in my mouth, fucktard.
Funny article I found illustrating liberal policies:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=63234

What liberal enviro-Nazis do, such as Ted Kennedy, is bitch about global warming but complain when someone wants to install a wind farm off the coast of the drunkard's summer home--it might wreck his view, after all.
http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2006/05/07/kennedy_doesnt_play_by_the_rules/

I must have made a pretty good point overall, because you certainly didn't address the other items that irk liberal-morons.

An encore liberal impersonation:

Solar? NO! You might kill a tree!!!!
Wind? NO! Birds will become extinct!!! (and it will wreck my pretty view)
Nuclear? NO! Too dangerous (though we worship and kiss the ass of the elite Euros for their amazing culture and non-polluting ways).
Oil? NO! It might spill or something, and it won't help, and it will make the evil corporations money (I don't care if it employs Americans, I just hate oil).
Coal? NO! it might hurt some land or something, and releases too much CO2!
Raise taxes! YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! We can change behavior, and force everyone to happily live in little grass huts and bury their feces in a little hole (wouldn't want to waste water!)...and we can use that money to help out the poor!

Did I miss any?

Thanks for the compliment, SLW!!! I am a sucker for compliments from the Greyt one!

Loogie

SarasotaRepub
07-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Bumping for Drilling Goodness.

:D

SaintLouieWoman
07-08-2008, 11:16 PM
It's now 54 for, 3 for drilling. If any of you haven't voted in our CU poll yet, please do. I'm going to try to send this to Rush or Hannity soon.

Please note that the # of signatures on Newt's petition is now over 1,300,000. If you haven't signed, please do. I think things are turning around. Let's help.

Join the 1,302,156 people who have signed the petition. http://www.americansolutions.com/directupload/images/Gas-GagePetition.jpg

07-09-2008, 07:34 AM
If there is no such thing as cheap oil then why did Texas oil fields shut down during the 80’s and there is a rush to pump now? It is one thing to spend millions to get millions and another to spend millions in the hope of getting hundreds of thousands. Yes, there is such a thing as cheap and expensive oil. We have only extracted 20% of our oil and to get the bulk of the rest oil is going to have to remain very, very expensive.

Except that is NOT the way you used the term. You used it in this context:
"Also a simple fact is that if cheap oil hit’s the market more expensive oil will be withdrawn thereby pushing prices back up."

The price of oil is NOT very much a function of the cost to drill for it. Of course it is a factor but by FAR the major factor of the price right now is that there is a lack of supply when compared to the demand. The price of oil is far above the cost to recover it - even the hardest to recover reserves.

Back in the 1980's Reagan released nearly all the regulations on oil here domestically and the price dropped almost immediately from $38 per barrell to $11. The same thing would happen today - execept the drop would be even more dramatic if we allowed the oil companies to go after the shale in the rockies and all of the other areas.

If we simply allowed the Proven reserves off the coasts, the conventional reserves and the reserves in Alaska to be developed those would provide between 3.5 & 4 million barrels per day of production - that would boost domestic production by 50%. If you added the shale to the mix we could dwarf the production in the middle east.

THere is simply no good reason not to go after the oil we have. NONE.

07-09-2008, 07:51 AM
And that has been my point all along. Anyone who thinks that oil companies are going to invest billions in order to drive down the price of oil is a complete fool. They aren’t going to do it which is why you will never see a flood of oil hit the market. This of course begs the question of just why we are salivating to drill in these areas when it will not have a positive impact on our wallets. If there is nothing in it for us what's the point?

Really??? The market has ALWAYS acted in this way. High prices bring new players to the market and also brings up production from the existing players who are trying to capitalize on those high prices. The increased supply will indeed bring down prices and there will be an oil bust. Just like there ALWAYS has been. Should we cite a history of the various oil booms and busts??

If there is nothing in it for us,and if the oil companies are not willing to drill, why are the oil companies BEGGING to be able to go after the areas under discussion???

Answer: Because you are full of shit. There are profits to be made in going after those areas. Profits at prices FAR less than the current price. They know that and they want to be able to capture those profits - are you THAT unfamiliar with how the market has ALWAYS worked??

07-09-2008, 08:12 AM

How could ANYONE disagree??

You NAILED it.

AmPat
07-09-2008, 08:26 AM
How could ANYONE disagree??

You NAILED it.

Because Dangit, Liberals unite behind: "Damn the Facts, Full Stupid Ahead!"

asdf2231
07-09-2008, 11:47 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/freedumb2003/gaschart51qy6.jpg

07-09-2008, 07:31 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/freedumb2003/gaschart51qy6.jpg

Do those numbers look familiar?????? :D

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showpost.php?p=11855&postcount=17

SaintLouieWoman
07-10-2008, 11:34 PM
Go back to the link in the first post. They have Newt's speech up with a beautifully articulated plan for achieving energy independence. It's worth the couple minutes to listen to it. If you haven't voted on our CU poll yet, please do. Thanks.

Join the 1,314,217 people who have signed the petition. http://www.americansolutions.com/directupload/images/Gas-GagePetition.jpg

lacarnut
07-12-2008, 12:38 AM
I paid $4.25 for Prem. today. Please sign the petition if you have not already done so. It is very simple and takes only a few seconds. We need more votes.

Thanks

SarasotaRepub
07-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Prem. here today was $4.23 a gallon, $3.98 for regular.

megimoo
07-13-2008, 07:20 PM
Prem. here today was $4.23 a gallon, $3.98 for regular.And Nancy and Harry still block the vote !

SaintLouieWoman
07-15-2008, 10:23 AM
And Nancy and Harry still block the vote !

Now Chuck Morris is telling us to send a message to Nancy and Harry by signing Newt's petition. Check out the latest video on AmericanSolutions.

Here's the latest numbers. Please sign if you haven't already done so.

Join the 1,334,234 people who have signed the petition. http://www.americansolutions.com/directupload/images/Gas-GagePetition.jpg

SaintLouieWoman
07-16-2008, 08:27 AM
They're talking about Newt's petition to Congress on Fox and Friends right now. Mitch McConnell is on now, giving the Republican side. He's saying that Pelosi's proposal to open the strategic reserve is silly and that the amount of oil being exported is about a half day's worth, and most of that goes to Puerto Rico.

Be sure to sign this petition. They're saying it's sending a powerful message to Congress.

SaintLouieWoman
07-17-2008, 11:33 AM
Now there's another You Tube video---this time of various politicians backing this movement. They are moving along nicely in their signature drive.

Again, if you haven't voted in our own poll, please do and please sign the petition if you agree with it.

Join the 1,350,209 people who have signed the petition. http://www.americansolutions.com/directupload/images/Gas-GagePetition.jpg

SaintLouieWoman
07-21-2008, 09:47 PM
They're making progress. Don't forget to sign if you haven't done so already.

Join the 1,363,475 people who have signed the petition. http://www.americansolutions.com/directupload/images/Gas-GagePetition.jpg

Zeus
07-26-2008, 04:22 PM
http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/5637/mrz071608daprfe8.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d25/bondai/wallet.jpg

SaintLouieWoman
07-28-2008, 09:39 PM
http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/5637/mrz071608daprfe8.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d25/bondai/wallet.jpg

Reid and Pelosi are ridiculous. I got this from Grassfire in an email.

Harry Reid is now attempting to dismiss and ignore the will of
the people who are demanding real solutions and real relief
at the gas pumps.

After his energy speculation bill was defeated, Reid is now switching
gears toward his omnibus spending bill, but key members of the
Senate--notably Minority leader Mitch McConnell says, "I will vote
to keep the Democrat Leadership at the table until we do something
serious about gas prices."

Don't know about everyone else, but the gas has gone down from $4.05 per gallon regular to $3.69 a gallon since Bush said he wanted to lift that ban on drilling.

All the libs were saying it would only be a couple cents to a nickel a gallon. Think what it would be if the Congress actually did something.

If you haven't signed the petition yet, please do it. They need a lot more signatures to make an impression on Reid and Pelosi.

lacarnut
07-28-2008, 09:55 PM

Don't know about everyone else, but the gas has gone down from $4.05 per gallon regular to $3.69 a gallon since Bush said he wanted to lift that ban on drilling.

All the libs were saying it would only be a couple cents to a nickel a gallon. Think what it would be if the Congress actually did something.

If you haven't signed the petition yet, please do it. They need a lot more signatures to make an impression on Reid and Pelosi.

I would like to see Bush call Congress back into session if they do not address the energy crisis and at least allow states the option to drill off their coast. Under current law, states can not drill in the offshore area even if they wanted to. Instead of punishing the oil companies, Congress should make it easier to drill and explore for new sources of energy. I think Natural Gas has more promise as an alternative to oil than any other source plus we have plenty of it.

AmPat
07-29-2008, 02:17 AM

Nothing will make an impact to move Reid and Pelosi off of their failed philosophical stance. They are against anything and everything that can be perceived as a Conservative effort.

Eyelids
07-29-2008, 03:11 AM
They are against anything and everything that can be perceived as a Conservative effort.
Which is completely unlike you're stance against everything liberal how?

/cue "BCUZ LIBRATS R duMMIES!1"
//cue AmPat furiously trying to act like hes the King of Bipartisanland

SaintLouieWoman
07-29-2008, 08:56 AM
Which is completely unlike you're stance against everything liberal how?

/cue "BCUZ LIBRATS R duMMIES!1"
//cue AmPat furiously trying to act like hes the King of Bipartisanland

And you're bi-partisan? :rolleyes:

What is your solution to the energy crisis?

SaintLouieWoman
07-29-2008, 09:00 AM
BTW, Eyelids, here are the number of folks who disagree with you. Here on the board it's 58-3. Nationally, here's the new total of folks signing that petition.

Join the 1,387,004 people who have signed the petition. http://www.americansolutions.com/directupload/images/Gas-GagePetition.jpg

Eyelids
07-29-2008, 02:15 PM
I dont fucking care how many of you idiots think we should drill. The megimoos and lacarnuts of the world are not the company I care to keep.

And my solution to the energy crisis: Grin and bear it. We brought it upon ourselves, we had all the time in the world to find an alternative source of energy and we didnt. The transition period could have been a lot smoother but you assholes wouldnt kick your oil addiction, and still you're too stubborn/dumb at this point to realize what a disaster its going to be.

I signed your stupid petition 10 times just to show how worthless it is. I plan to sign it some more, I wonder how it will look when the name "Derpa McDepDerp" shows up a dozen times?

SaintLouieWoman
07-29-2008, 02:18 PM
I dont fucking care how many of you idiots think we should drill. The megimoos and lacarnuts of the world are not the company I care to keep.

And my solution to the energy crisis: Grin and bear it. We brought it upon ourselves, we had all the time in the world to find an alternative source of energy and we didnt. The transition period could have been a lot smoother but you assholes wouldnt kick your oil addiction, and still you're too stubborn/dumb at this point to realize what a disaster its going to be.

I signed your stupid petition 10 times just to show how worthless it is. I plan to sign it some more, I wonder how it will look when the name "Derpa McDepDerp" shows up a dozen times?
I presume you take public transport or ride a tricycle? What a solution---grin and bear it. Easier said when mommy and daddy pay your way.

As far as your signing like that, it's idiotic.

Eyelids
07-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Hell yea I use public transportation or (god help me) I walk. I know its hard when you're all fat slobs who plop in front of FOXNEWS for 3 hours a day but maybe if you crawled off your ass for 30 minutes you might like it.

Nothing could be more idiotic than an online petition which doesnt even make me clear my cache before voting again. I like the part where it says "En Espanol" for all the people in this country (who you absolutely loathe) that dont speak English.

BEG
07-29-2008, 02:29 PM
Hell yea I use public transportation or (god help me) I walk. I know its hard when you're all fat slobs who plop in front of FOXNEWS for 3 hours a day but maybe if you crawled off your ass for 30 minutes you might like it.

Nothing could be more idiotic than an online petition which doesnt even make me clear my cache before voting again. I like the part where it says "En Espanol" for all the people in this country (who you absolutely loathe) that dont speak English.

God you are a total asshole. My brother was a "liberal" and just died last Tuesday. I loved him with everything I had, politics didn't enter into the equation. I would have done anything for him and he would have done the same for me. I hope someone actually loves you enough to mourn you when you are gone because you aren't a prick because you are a liberal, you are a prick because that seems to be who you are.

Eyelids
07-29-2008, 02:30 PM
You loved your brother despite the fact that he was a liberal?

Wow, you're so tolerant.

BEG
07-29-2008, 02:32 PM

Wow, you're so tolerant.

No you fucking prick, I said his politics didn't enter into the equation.

Edited to add: my point was you aren't a PRICK because you are a liberal, you just are a PRICK. You are not a good person, there is something wrong with you.

Troll
07-29-2008, 02:45 PM
And my solution to the energy crisis: Grin and bear it.

For reference later.

We brought it upon ourselves, we had all the time in the world to find an alternative source of energy and we didnt.

I'm not sure you're appreciating what a tricky problem this is. In the search for energy, and indeed, even in the most rudimentary science, you can't travel too far without running into thermodynamics. This isn't as simple as just building an engine that is powered by sunshiney happy feelings. I think we're still years away from viable alternative energy that can be mass-consumed. Most of the prospects take more energy to produce than can be extracted from them.

The transition period could have been a lot smoother but you assholes wouldnt kick your oil addiction, and still you're too stubborn/dumb at this point to realize what a disaster its going to be.

I'm having a hard time following you. With one breath you say that we should just "grin and bear" the energy crisis, and in the next you refer to this as an impending disaster. Why should we just "grin and bear" anything that is the prelude to disaster? Also, who are these "you assholes" you're referring to? I don't think it's fair to blame the energy crisis on the conservative blogosphere - you liberals are driving the same cars we are. Bear in mind that there are many countries in Europe paying triple to quadruple what we pay for gas - why don't you blame the EU for not exploring alternative energy - their currency is doing okay.

I haven't read this whole thread, but do you have a particular gripe against expanded drilling? I'll go so far as to call it a quick, short-term fix, but right now, it's all we've got.

150 years ago, this wasn't a problem. Most of us were getting around via mass transit or horses. This is America, indeed, the world in 2008. Even the poor people in America have at least one car, and we need to keep them running for our own livelihood and that of our economy. "Grin and bear it" is not viable. We are dependent on oil to run our cars, mass transit, military, and indeed, our economy. If there's more oil out there, we need to use it. I agree with you that we need to be looking for an alternative, but to allow gasoline to go up to $10 a gallon as some sort of punitive measure for our scientists not thinking fast enough is ridiculous.

Who are you trying to hurt here? The oil companies? Don't believe the lies the Democrats tell you about raising taxes on Exxon. There is no such thing as corporate income tax. We are addicted to oil, but you can't blame that on the oil companies. There is a demand for their product, the amount of product dwindles, the price goes up. You also have to consider that there may not be a better alternative to petroleum and all the research is in vain. But of course, that's a topic for another day. :D

Eyelids
07-29-2008, 04:49 PM
How can you blame the oil companies for us making them so powerful? And now you want to keep handing over our future to them?

This all comes back to us, we democratically elect our leaders and we are free to buy mostly what we want in a capitalist free market. All this blaming by democrats towards republicans and oil execs and republicans towards democrats and enviorenmentalists is crap. Everybody needs to accept responsiblity for the monster they've created. In this country when something goes right it's because of the American public, but on the flip side when something goes wrong we are the ones to blame.

I fear that feeding this monster more indebts us to it further, and we really cannot afford to keep making that mistake. In order for things to get better they are going to have to get worse.

Molon Labe
07-29-2008, 04:59 PM
How can you blame the oil companies for us making them so powerful? And now you want to keep handing over our future to them?

Oil companies are powerful BECAUSE of government collusion. When the only tax breaks and regulation reliefs go to the big guys...competition is screwed.

Eyelids
07-29-2008, 05:01 PM
Oil companies are powerful BECAUSE of government collusion. When the only tax breaks and regulation reliefs go to the big guys...competition is screwed.

Well who are the people gobbling up oil driving Hummers (well not for much longer) and SUV's? And who elects the people in government?

Ree
07-29-2008, 07:53 PM
Well who are the people gobbling up oil driving Hummers (well not for much longer) and SUV's? And who elects the people in government?
And just what is the Magic Power that will replace oil?

SaintLouieWoman
07-29-2008, 10:03 PM
No you fucking prick, I said his politics didn't enter into the equation.

Edited to add: my point was you aren't a PRICK because you are a liberal, you just are a PRICK. You are not a good person, there is something wrong with you.;;

BEG, don't pay any mind to the resident loon. He's had his second time out, doubt if he'll stick around. He never learns. :rolleyes:

And you're right, only a total prick would make nasty comments to you about the death of your brother.

SaintLouieWoman
07-29-2008, 10:08 PM
Nothing will make an impact to move Reid and Pelosi off of their failed philosophical stance. They are against anything and everything that can be perceived as a Conservative effort.

They just might have to cave under overwhelming pressure. I just got the following email from Grassfire. Looks like they're trying to bring the drilling to a vote by Friday.

From the Desk of:
Steve Elliott, President, Grassfire.org Alliance

Breaking News on the Gas/Energy Debate. See below.

7/29/2008

Dear _(SLW)_____,

Because of your grassroots efforts, the debate on the oil drilling
ban in Congress is about to explode.

Harry Reid and the obstructionist Democrats are feeling the heat
from you and now both sides are discussing a possible vote to lift
the ban on offshore drilling before the summer recess this Friday.

And House Republicans are vowing to stay in session until they
get a vote to lift the drilling ban -- precisely what Grassfire's
petition is calling for!

+ + Action Item #1 -- Fax Your Senators Now!

We need to flood Congress with faxes from citizens demanding that
the oil-drilling ban is lifted and that Congress take real steps
to reducing our dependency on foreign oil.

There is still time to schedule your faxes for immediate
delivery. Go here now:

http://www.grassfire.net/r.asp?U=9703&CID=108&RID=17631475

Of course, you can always send your own faxes. We have sample
letters and contact information for you at the above link.

+ + Action Item #2 -- Call your Congressmen

I am asking every Grassfire team member to call their two Senators
and their Rep and tell them you want the ban on offshore drilling
lifted BEFORE the end of the week!

Talking Points:

#1 -- I demand that Congress take action to lift the ban on drilling
on the Outer Continental Shelf BEFORE Congress takes its month-
long summer holiday.

#2 -- I am asking you to PLEDGE to stay in session and not take
the summer recess until the drilling ban is lifted.

#3 -- I also want Congress to remove barriers to oil shale development
in the Rockies and clear the way for increasing our nuclear
electric energy capacity.

Sen. Bond 202-224-5721
Sen. McCaskill 202-224-6154

Rep. Akin 202-225-2561

Majority Leader Harry Reid: 202-224-5556; 202-224-3542

Thanks for taking action!

Steve

P.S. It is no coincidence that members of Congress are now pledging to
stay in session until the ban on offshore drilling is lifted. That is
precisely what your petitions, phone calls and faxes have been demanding.
Let's keep the pressure on!

SarasotaRepub
07-29-2008, 10:12 PM

Wow, you're so tolerant.

My my! Eyelids is soooo good at making friends here!!! :rolleyes:

AmPat
07-30-2008, 11:29 PM
My my! Eyelids is soooo good at making friends here!!! :rolleyes:

That's because he is a true to form stereotypical Liberal. He cannot separate politics from personality. Everything becomes personal. No discussion can take place because he has closed off common sense and facts and substituted emotion/ blame and feelings.

BEG
07-31-2008, 01:38 PM
;;

BEG, don't pay any mind to the resident loon. He's had his second time out, doubt if he'll stick around. He never learns. :rolleyes:

And you're right, only a total prick would make nasty comments to you about the death of your brother.

Ugh, I had a response all typed out then accidentally deleted it before I posted it. :mad:

I have read enough of his posts to see the depth of hatred and if my brother hadn't just died I probably would have just passed on by his response as I have done many times before. This time I just couldn't.

My brother was a flaming lib. He couldn't stand Bush and swore he was going to move to the UK (although he never did and never would, just like 99.9% of DU). He was just "wired" different than me because we were brought up exactly the same. By saying he was wired different i don't mean that something was wrong with him, I just mean that we had different world views. We both wanted the same thing in the end, we just disagreed on how to get there. His politics played no part in my love from him and if he agreed with me 100% on all issues I wouldn't have loved him any more.

I don't think someone like Eyelids (or the type of liberals that post at DU) can even wrap their minds around the fact that someone can be a good person if they differer politically. They have a stereotype of a "Rethuglican" in their mind and they will hold onto it until the day they die. I suspect his reply to me was projection because he can't possible understand how he could love someone who thought different politically. I see some of the same traits in a few of my fellow conservatives on the boards and it really bothers me. Not to the degree of the rabid hatred that Eyelids seems to hold for us but to a degree that has to go beyond politics. I suspect Eyelids hatred comes from deep down in his soul and for that I pity him. Yet I don't feel enough pity to want to help him, I personally hope he reaps everything he sows.

Eyelids
07-31-2008, 01:42 PM
Do you guys actually make these posts with straight faces? I mean come on, there's more hate and racism on this website than I could possibly spew in a lifetime.

BEG
07-31-2008, 02:10 PM
Do you guys actually make these posts with straight faces? I mean come on, there's more hate and racism on this website than I could possibly spew in a lifetime.

I posted my post with a very straight face. There is something missing in you, you are incomplete.

AmPat
07-31-2008, 05:37 PM

See exhibit (post #) 131. Eyelids, re-read (or have an adult read it for you) until it dawns on you that the hatred and contempt is flowing from your corner, not ours. remember you are on a Conservative site and we tolerate your ridiculous postings. The same cannot be said from the "bastions of tolerance" :rolleyes: at Liberal sites.

SaintLouieWoman
07-31-2008, 10:26 PM
See exhibit (post #) 131. Eyelids, re-read (or have an adult read it for you) until it dawns on you that the hatred and contempt is flowing from your corner, not ours. remember you are on a Conservative site and we tolerate your ridiculous postings. The same cannot be said from the "bastions of tolerance" :rolleyes: at Liberal sites.

Well said. Eyelids shows his true colors in his response to BEG's heartfelt post.

OwlMBA
08-01-2008, 12:03 AM
Love this poll. Its good to see the vast majority of CUers are sane.

I really dont understand how anyone with half a brain can back Obama's plan of no new drilling, no new refineries, but more taxes. Yea, that will help the middle class.

Hatejane
08-01-2008, 08:25 AM
I am new here although I was at PU for a while with a fair number of posts. I try to read Eyelids but he seems to just not be able to get a coherent thought out and seems to have a hard time separating politics from personalities

JMHO from what I have been reading the past few weeks

SaintLouieWoman
08-01-2008, 10:13 AM

I really dont understand how anyone with half a brain can back Obama's plan of no new drilling, no new refineries, but more taxes. Yea, that will help the middle class.

Thanks, Owl, welcome back. Glad you like this poll. I wish that Pelosi and Reid would pay attention.

Obama's plan is all negative, nothing positive, other than the raising tax thing. :rolleyes:

SaintLouieWoman
08-01-2008, 10:13 AM
I am new here although I was at PU for a while with a fair number of posts. I try to read Eyelids but he seems to just not be able to get a coherent thought out and seems to have a hard time separating politics from personalities

JMHO from what I have been reading the past few weeks
Welcome to CU. You're right on about your evaluation of Eyelids.

Troll
08-01-2008, 04:20 PM

WELCOME BACK! :D I was starting to think you had just saved the old site address to your Favorites and gave up after a few weeks of that address not working the way I almost did.

I especially love the way Reid and Pelosi closed down the HoR before the Republicans could force the vote on drilling. I wonder how they'll continue stalling on the off-chance that McCain takes the White House.

SaintLouieWoman
08-01-2008, 09:12 PM
WELCOME BACK! :D I was starting to think you had just saved the old site address to your Favorites and gave up after a few weeks of that address not working the way I almost did.

I especially love the way Reid and Pelosi closed down the HoR before the Republicans could force the vote on drilling. I wonder how they'll continue stalling on the off-chance that McCain takes the White House.
They'll even have a harder time when the Obama-man weasles and waffles again. I'm sure he will be for drilling, after he was against it, same as the public financing of elections and his repudiations of his more disreputable supporters. :rolleyes:

SaintLouieWoman
08-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Yay, they've finally gotten past the 1.4 milllion mark. Please pass the lilnk to friends who might support this measure. It must be doing some good, as Obama is already waffling on it.

Please help to take them to at least 1.5 million. Thanks.

Join the 1,400,039 people who have signed the petition. http://www.americansolutions.com/directupload/images/Gas-GagePetition.jpg

SaintLouieWoman
08-07-2008, 11:21 PM
An update from American Solutions. I got their e-mail earlier. Here's a portion:

But the even bigger news is that the anti-energy elites are desperately worried. They are not only criticizing us, but they are admitting that they are losing the argument

And friends, that's big. In fact, considering the source, that's huge.Recently, liberal group MoveOn.org in an email to their supporters (http://ssomail.charter.net/do/redirect?url=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.americansoluti ons.com%252FBlog%252FRead.aspx%253Fguid%253D74a3c8 a5-442d-4e74-9bcb-3bde31cd9321) sounded dejected. They wrote "Here's the truth: Right now, progressives are losing this argument."

That can mean only one thing - WE ARE WINNING THIS ARGUMENT!

In the energy debate, common sense is winning and it's got the anti-energy elites rattled because they offer no solutions to lowering gas and diesel prices.

American Solutions, on the other hand, has taken a bold stand and has been leading the "Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less" movement that has energized millions of Americans around a positive solution. Because of your help and the help of more than a million others, today an overwhelming majority of Americans support opening up new areas for exploration and drilling of American oil and gas, including offshore. [

Even though MoveOn.org admits we are winning, they won't quit, and there is still more work to be done.

Congress has left for a 5-week vacation without doing anything to address the soaring cost of gas and diesel. This inaction is unacceptable to the American people, many of whom can't afford a vacation this year.

PeterS
08-08-2008, 12:15 AM
God you are a total asshole. My brother was a "liberal" and just died last Tuesday. I loved him with everything I had, politics didn't enter into the equation. I would have done anything for him and he would have done the same for me. I hope someone actually loves you enough to mourn you when you are gone because you aren't a prick because you are a liberal, you are a prick because that seems to be who you are.

Liberalism is based on rationalism. Conservatism is based on irrationalism. The rationalist looks at the world through a confirmative empirical eye. The irrationalist looks at the world through a affirmative supernatural eye. Both perspectives are part of a complete individual and it is when we deny one set that we become political bigots…with little value other than demagoguery.

I believe in small government and low taxes. I believe abortion is immoral. I find great comfort in the house of god. I am a liberal. How am I different than you?

I only mention this because liberals and conservatives can love one and other because the only difference is perspective-and it is the shared perspective where we become complete. I am sorry for your loss and I have no doubt in your sincerity.

AmPat
08-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Liberalism is based on rationalism. Conservatism is based on irrationalism. The rationalist looks at the world through a confirmative empirical eye. The irrationalist looks at the world through a affirmative supernatural eye.

WT?????

Where do you get this? Let's try an example:
1. Liberals- Don't drill because it won't help fuel prices.
2. Conservatives- Drill now and prices will stabilize and come down.

Fact- Merely clearing half the political restrictions to drilling lowered and stabilized oil prices, haven't even started drilling.;)

Ergo, Conservatives = rational and liberals = irrational.

Molon Labe
08-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Liberalism is based on rationalism. Conservatism is based on irrationalism. The rationalist looks at the world through a confirmative empirical eye. The irrationalist looks at the world through a affirmative supernatural eye. Both perspectives are part of a complete individual and it is when we deny one set that we become political bigots…with little value other than demagoguery.

I believe in small government and low taxes. I believe abortion is immoral. I find great comfort in the house of god. I am a liberal. How am I different than you?

I only mention this because liberals and conservatives can love one and other because the only difference is perspective-and it is the shared perspective where we become complete. I am sorry for your loss and I have no doubt in your sincerity.

Are you using liberalism is it's classic sense? Then OK.

If not....Then you obviously have never read any Ayn Rand.

SaintLouieWoman
08-13-2008, 11:06 PM
It's that update time again. I'm going to post a separate announcement. For all you creative you-tube types, Newt is having a contest. It's the Drill Here, Drill now, Pay NOTHING contest. The most creative youtube presentation will win a one year's supply of gas.

Join the 1,433,209 people who have signed the petition. http://www.americansolutions.com/directupload/images/Gas-GagePetition.jpg

SaintLouieWoman
08-14-2008, 10:44 PM
From American Solutions:

Congress is failing to adopt a long-term American energy plan, and it's standing in the way of developing more American energy now. Politics is once again trumping common sense in Washington.
Since Congress is not doing its job, American Solutions would like to offer one lucky American a break - free gasoline for an entire year!
Today, we are launching a video contest called "Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Nothing." We call it "Pay Nothing" because that is exactly what the winner will pay to fill up their gas tank for the next year.
American Solutions, and our General Chairman Newt Gingrich decided to have a little fun in announcing the contest.
To hear Speaker Gingrich's special announcement, please watch the video below (http://ssomail.charter.net/do/redirect?url=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.americansoluti ons.com%252Fvideocontest):

http://www.americansolutions.com/directupload/images/ContestScreenshot.gif (http://ssomail.charter.net/do/redirect?url=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.americansoluti ons.com%252Fvideocontest) Using YouTube, we are asking contest participants to create videos that demonstrate why a "Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less" approach is best for our wallets and our country. After you all get to vote, the winner will be announced on our second annual Solutions Day, which will take place on September 27, 2008.
This is your chance to send a message to Congress and the American public.
So get creative, get your cameras rolling, and head over to americansolutions.com/videocontest (http://ssomail.charter.net/do/redirect?url=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.americansoluti ons.com%252Fvideocontest) to learn how you can "Pay Nothing" for gas for a whole year.

SaintLouieWoman
08-19-2008, 12:05 PM
Received this message from Grassfire. If you want the vote to come up, please call Speaker Pelosi.

I just received an incredible news release from Congressman
Mike Pence (R-IN) regarding the ongoing protest on the House
floor that I had to share with you.

Rep. Pence today commented on Nancy Pelosi's announcement that
she was willing to allow a vote on comprehensive energy
legislation to bring more domestic oil to the American people.

"When the floor protest began over two weeks ago,
Speaker Pelosi said Republicans would have to use our 'imagination'
to get a vote on more domestic drilling. By last week she apparently
had changed her position, telling a national television audience
for the first time that Congress 'can have a vote' on more
domestic drilling.

"On Saturday in a national radio address, Speaker Pelosi went on
to say that the Democrats 'plan' will consider opening portions
of the Outer Continental Shelf for drilling...'"

Pelosi's change in attitude is because of you!

Without the incessant, building pressure from grassroots Americans,
Pelosi would be relaxing amidst her book tour with nary a care
in the world.

But thanks to so many Grassfire team members, House Democrats
are getting "blitzed" by tens of thousands of phone calls,
faxes and emails demanding action.

Now that she�s publicly announced her willingness
to allow a vote, I need your help more than ever.

++ Action Item --"Bring Back Congress for a Vote!"

I'm asking EVERY member of our team to call Speaker
Pelosi each and every day this week, and demand she
bring back Congress for a vote on the drilling ban.

Speaker Pelosi's contact information:

202-225-4965 (DC),
415-556-4862 (San Francisco)

As Congressman Pence said, "the American people should
hold [Pelosi] to this commitment and demand that Congress
immediately return to Washington, D.C. and vote."

He adds, "And when Congress votes, there must be a full and
fair debate that allows the Republican minority the opportunity
to debate and vote on the American Energy Act, an 'all of the above'
approach to energy legislation that encompasses more drilling,
more use of clean energy sources and more conservation."

Eyelids
08-19-2008, 01:10 PM
These recent posts have motivated me to make a few more bunk gmail accounts and sign under some more false names. If Newt hasn't thought to sign his own petition I just did it for him... about 6 times.

SaintLouieWoman
08-19-2008, 01:41 PM
These recent posts have motivated me to make a few more bunk gmail accounts and sign under some more false names. If Newt hasn't thought to sign his own petition I just did it for him... about 6 times.

You're a creep. I guess you think it's so cute. If you're a product of our educational system, God help us. :rolleyes::mad:

AmPat
08-19-2008, 11:23 PM
You're a creep. I guess you think it's so cute. If you're a product of our educational system, God help us. :rolleyes::mad:

Worse, he's representative of the product and the producers of that foul product. The education of our students is an indoctrination of anti-American, pro liberal philosophy. America-Bad, everbody else-Good.

Liberals screech about the Pledge of Allegiance/Boy Scouts etc. because it "indoctrinates" when what they really object to is the form of indoctrination. Liberal indoctrination is correct (just ask one) and therefore protected rights. Conservative indoctrination is wrong (because liberals say so) and EVIL because it is intolerant and Pro-American sentiment amounts to anti-multiculturalism.

Eyelids
08-20-2008, 03:49 PM

I really get so much enjoyment out of it. This petition is a joke anyways, might as well treat it as such.

Cold Warrior
08-20-2008, 05:52 PM
While I am not interested in entering this discussion, I fail to comprehend the outrage at Eyelid's rather juvenille pranks, i.e., signing the petition under various, obviously false names. This is a common tactic that extremists of both right and left use on petitions originated by the other side. Of those criticizing him, how many have not done the same thing? And for those of you who haven't, did you speak up and criticize the many members here who have bragged about doing so?

Oh wait, I forgot. When "we" do it, we're smart; when they do it, they're stupid. Ah for the return of the dear departed MrBackoftheBus.

Two sides. Same coin.

Zathras
08-20-2008, 07:02 PM
I really get so much enjoyment out of it. This petition is a joke anyways, might as well treat it as such.

Figures an elitest joke of a human being like you would think Americans wanting to drill for oil in America instead of importing it from overseas is laughable. Do everyone a favor and eat a bullet.

Goldwater
08-20-2008, 10:56 PM
When has an online petition ever worked?

They don't work, sorry guys and gals.

Heck, when has a regular petition worked lately?

Cold Warrior
08-20-2008, 11:02 PM

Online petitions are "feel good" measures that the DUmmies use all the time. Somehow, we laugh at them for that, but don't recognize the irony when we do it. What a surprise! :D

Goldwater
08-20-2008, 11:04 PM
Online petitions are "feel good" measures that the DUmmies use all the time. Somehow, we laugh at them for that, but don't recognize the irony when we do it. What a surprise! :D

It's one of those things that people would think might influence something, but really, I've never seen one do anything, for some reason they create bad luck and go against the cause. :D

Cold Warrior
08-20-2008, 11:10 PM
It's one of those things that people would think might influence something, but really, I've never seen one do anything, for some reason they create bad luck and go against the cause. :D

Yes, but it gives the whacky-whacky extremists of both sides something to do. That's a good thing. At least that way, they're not in a God-foresaken cabin sending out explosive packages.

lacarnut
08-21-2008, 12:28 AM

The joke is going to be on you when McCain wipes the floor up with Obama come Nov.; dummies like you do not understand that the American voters want more production in the offshore area/ AK, nukes, alternative energy, etc. So, in that vain, the petition has had a positive effect. Energy is or will be a top issue in the election.

Democrats have no answer except to take the profits from the oil company and tax the crap out of it. Democratic left wing stooges like Pisslosi and Reid have found themselves cornered like rats and they do not know how to get out. It is funny to see them squirm.

Eyelids
08-21-2008, 02:20 PM

Wanna know why petitions dont work? Because fraudulence in them (Hi!) is rampant and anybody can do it. That and they don't care.

Eyelids
08-21-2008, 02:21 PM
Democrats have no answer except to take the profits from the oil company and tax the crap out of it. Democratic left wing stooges like Pisslosi and Reid have found themselves cornered like rats and they do not know how to get out. It is funny to see them squirm.
Pisslosi?

Is that supposed to be an insult?

btw- Mr McCain is gonna do the same thing as the Democrats.

lacarnut
08-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Pisslosi?

Is that supposed to be an insult?

btw- Hanoi John is gonna do the same thing as the Democrats.

Why do you ask: are you writing a book? The media will call the election in McCain favor around 11pm EST. It is going to be a blow out in Nov.

President McCain will drill everywhere except shit-holes like Chicago and San Fran. Afterwards, the Democ. party bosses will be so pissed at Pisslosi and Reid that they will be removed from their chairmanship positions. You can book it. If only the mindless duo had supported drilling, the outcome may have been different. Naw.

IanMartins
08-24-2008, 05:35 PM
I advise you to check out this link. Take a look at the pictures, and read the descriptions. They put things into perspective, and destroy the lies of the environmentalists.

Making the case for drilling (http://reasonbellpundit.blogspot.com/2008/06/pictures-of-anwr-to-make-case-for.html)

SaintLouieWoman
09-04-2008, 10:25 AM
An interesting addition on the American Solutions website is Newt's new video. This month they will be having a workshop on education, trying to find solutions to our educational system in the US.

Check out the links (on first post in this thread) and take a peek. What I find intriguing is Gingrich, Gov Pawlenty and Al Sharpton are working together. Very strange but it's time that a fresh new look was taken at our educational system. As a former high school teacher I welcome any breath of fresh air in a system controlled by the NEA.

SaintLouieWoman
09-10-2008, 10:39 AM
The CU poll now shows 75 members for drilling, 3 not.

Newt definitely helped push this issue to the fore.

I was wondering if the price of gasoline has increased significantly in the last few days in other parts of the country. The price per barrel is at a 6 month low, yet the price at the pump went up 20 cents a gallon yesterday.

patsfan
09-11-2008, 05:09 AM
I wonder what it will take to change McCain's mind on drilling in ANWR. Maybe Sarah can do it.:D

Update: never mind.

wulfpaw
09-15-2008, 06:10 AM
Oil exporting countries/companies are led by morons, IMO. More sooner than later there'll be a switchover to electric due to the high costs of oil. IMO, they'd be alot better off keeping the prices to below 50$ a barrel. That way they'd milk the situation alot longer and sell more of the oil thats sitting beneath their land. If electric is forced sooner due to high prices, there they'll be with decades of oil and no customers for it. http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/499980/nod.gif

marinejcksn
09-15-2008, 06:47 AM
Oil exporting countries/companies are led by morons, IMO. More sooner than later there'll be a switchover to electric due to the high costs of oil. IMO, they'd be alot better off keeping the prices to below 50$ a barrel. That way they'd milk the situation alot longer and sell more of the oil thats sitting beneath their land. If electric is forced sooner due to high prices, there they'll be with decades of oil and no customers for it.

Alternative energy solutions will be a long term possible solution, however they stand absolutely no chance in the short term. A lot of the alternatives are more expensive then oil, even at today's high prices. Plus, no serious alternative will survive once OPEC slashes prices. See the SYNTEC oil by Jimmy Carter for further proof. We were creating synthetic oil at close to 2 million barrels a day, OPEC went from oil in the 30 dollar a barrel range to around 7 bucks a barrel and Synthetic oil folded. They'll do the same thing with the next competitor.

The smartest idea is to continue researching alt. fuels for the future, but START drilling here. We send three quarters of a Trillion dollars a year overseas just for oil, imagine if we kept that revenue here. Not to mention we've got more oil, natural gas & clean coal then Saudi Arabia has oil. The arguements against drilling are completely idiotic, it's all a big globalist scheme to keep more money in their pockets and less money in ours. Call me a cynic, but I've almost lost complete faith in the entire federal government.:mad:

I do know this: when the Dimmycrats took over in '06 they promised to change the game by doing what?
1. Ending the war
2. Solving the energy crisis
3. Cleaning up the RINO corruption in the previous Congress

Over 2 years have passed, have they accomplished any of this? Nah, they're on vacation. :rolleyes:

The problem is most Americans just go on about their lives like happy little sheep, then when the current political party in power pisses them off they just switch sides. Problem Solved!:rolleyes:

SaintLouieWoman
09-23-2008, 07:33 PM
Here's a message from Newt.

www.SolutionsDay2008.com (http://ssomail.charter.net/do/redirect?url=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.SolutionsDay20 08.com)

The last few weeks have been painful economically.
Washington politicians in both parties are panicked and as a result they are making things worse. Now we have a Treasury Department which is capriciously deciding which firm to help and which firm to let die.
In the process, it is piling up huge liabilities for taxpayers by "saving" Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and then allowing Lehman Brothers to go bankrupt before "saving" AIG at a potential risk of another $85 billion.
It's time to have a serious talk about the fundamentals--not politicians taking your money to prop up failed businesses.
On Saturday, September 27 American Solutions will hold its second annual Solutions Day to propose bold, dramatic change for the economy, energy, education, and health. You can participate in this important solutions-oriented dialogue for free by clicking here (http://ssomail.charter.net/do/redirect?url=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.solutionsday20 08.com%252Fmt%252Fmt-cp.cgi%253F__mode%253Dregister%2526blog_id%253D1) and hosting or attending an event in your community. Solutions Day will be broadcast live on DISH Network #219, DirecTV #577, and www.SolutionsDay2008.com (http://ssomail.charter.net/do/redirect?url=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.SolutionsDay20 08.com).
Despite the mistakes of the last few weeks and the sense of panic on Wall Street and in Washington the basics of America are still healthy.
We now face a fundamental choice of returning to the fundamentally healthy American economy and American work ethic and making Washington and Wall Street more like America OR passing laws which reshape America to be more like the current sickness in Washington and Wall Street.

http://www.americansolutions.com/directupload/images/newtinvite.jpg (http://ssomail.charter.net/do/redirect?url=http%253A%252F%252Fsolutionsday2008.c om%252Fblog%252F2008%252F09%252Fsolutions-for-getting-the-economy-back-on-track.html)

Straightforward
11-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Did it a few months ago!

I don't care were in America we get it. We just need to get it!

Cold Warrior
11-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Plus ça change, plus c' est la même chose

From the 80s...

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee88/scdiver27/arabsandoil.gif

11-19-2008, 07:39 PM
Plus ça change, plus c' est la même chose

From the 80s...

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee88/scdiver27/arabsandoil.gif

Yep, we have been letting the liberals and the "moderates" control the environmental agenda for decades now.

I believe it is time to put an end to their treachery.

SaintLouieWoman
02-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Join the 1,492,179 people who have signed the petition. http://www.americansolutions.com/directupload/images/Gas-GagePetition.jpg

The election is over, but the movement to drill now isn't. If you haven't signed this, please consider it. Obama, like all politicians, will sometimes listen when overwhelming numbers of constituents demand that their opinions be considered.

SaintLouieWoman
03-09-2009, 09:52 PM
I checked Newt's site. Now he has a petition against the abolition of the secret ballot for unions. Be sure to check it out. The link is in the first post.

PoliCon
03-09-2009, 09:58 PM
I checked Newt's site. Now he has a petition against the abolition of the secret ballot for unions. Be sure to check it out. The link is in the first post.

McGovern has even come out against card check.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yVC2VLF99w

SaintLouieWoman
04-30-2009, 08:41 PM
http://www.americansolutions.com/Blog/Read.aspx?guid=db17cd87-69b9-4910-982e-b9af143c6f8c

What Senator Specter's Switch Means for Card Check

The good news about Arlen Specter’s party switch is that he says his opposition to the Employee “Forced” Choice Act will not change.

The bad news is now that he’s joined the Democratic Caucus, there’s no doubt that the union pressure (http://briefingroom.thehill.com/2009/04/28/labor-excited-on-specter-news-despite-efca-words/) to change his mind (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jE7gvuFE2ATaFsATYh_Ein46Z7wwD97SCVMO0)will sky-rocket.

On top of that, it’s looking like Al Franken – another supporter of this disastrous bill – will soon be Senator Al Franken.

This means that the Democrats will have reached a 60-seat majority, which could overcome an expected filibuster of the Employee “Forced” Choice Act.

Now, more than ever, we need to double our efforts on our Save American Jobs Project and ensure that there is “Freedom Not Fear” in the workforce.

As we discuss the devastating effects of this legislation with voters around the country, we find an overwhelming majority agree with our position that this is one of the biggest power grabs by union bosses ever.

To deny workers a secret ballot when it comes to joining a union, and imposing mandatory government-controlled binding arbitration, is not a solution for our economy.

You can help now by making sure your friends go to www.SaveAmericanJobs.com (http://www.saveamericanjobs.com/), and sign our Freedom Not Fear petition to defeat the Employee “Forced” Choice Act for good.

Average Voter
09-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Better yet. Let's put Ted Kennedy's body in an olive press. Maybe we can get some oil out of him. It would be the first time he helped this country.

Suit&Tie
09-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Errrr

Thats Not Sonnabend Nvm

patriot45
09-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Errrr

Thats Not Sonnabend Nvm

Hey there is 4 stupid votes in the poll, haveyou been here at 4 different times since that poll started? You got a way to go yet blinky!

Ohio Madman
09-06-2009, 01:59 AM
I say drill here, drill now, and build a dozen more refineries. I don't really give a crap where the oil comes from in the long run, I just want it cheap! Our industry needs an injection of cheap. We need to start producing again.

Rockntractor
09-06-2009, 02:01 AM
I say drill here, drill now, and build a dozen more refineries. I don't really give a crap where the oil comes from in the long run, I just want it cheap! Our industry needs an injection of cheap. We need to start producing again.

We have got some idiots in power that will have to be removed before that ever has a chance of happening!

SaintLouieWoman
09-19-2009, 11:09 AM
I received an emal from Amercan Solutions. If the link doesn't work (have problems with Charter), go to post 1 and follow the link. Apparently there's less than two days to make our opinion felt on drilling. It's crucial that as many folks as possible send a letter. It's quick and easy---the letter is already written.

If you care about making sure we're not dependent on foreign countries for our energy, we have a very timely call to action that will take you less than 1 minute.

The Department of Interior, which decides when and where we drill for oil and gas, has been holding a "notice and comment" period. This is when they solicit input from the public as to whether we should drill or not.

This is one way that the anti-energy interest groups have been able to successfully block any common sense development for decades.

Well the deadline for submissions is on Monday, and we need your help to overwhelm the Interior Department with comments in favor of drilling.

Please take 1 minute to submit your comments right now at YourEnergyOpinion.com (http://ssomail.charter.net/do/redirect?url=http%253A%252F%252Fcl.exct.net%252F%2 53Fqs%253Dec926f76d51e779bbccde5bf2c014e01f7bc860f 2771f962b24b006782f633e7).

If you don't have time to write anything, don't worry. We've already taken care of it for you.

Once you submit your comment, please forward YourEnergyOpinion.com (http://ssomail.charter.net/do/redirect?url=http%253A%252F%252Fcl.exct.net%252F%2 53Fqs%253Dec926f76d51e779bbccde5bf2c014e01f7bc860f 2771f962b24b006782f633e7) to anyone else that you think would be willing to help out.

This is an opportunity that we must seize.

Thanks so much for your participation, and we'll report back soon as to how we all do.

Sincerely,
http://image.exct.net/lib/fec515717d62007b/m/1/Dan-V-Signature.jpg
Dan Varroney
Senior VP & COO
American Solutions

SaintLouieWoman
02-03-2010, 08:01 AM
An exerpt from Newt's latest letter on American Solutons.

Deficit hawks vs deficit peacocks

As opposed to deficit hawks who are the real fiscal conservatives, deficit peacocks strut around pretending to cut spending through gimmicks like spending freezes that are "freezes" only in the sense that they "freeze" into place previous frenzied spending binges (check out this clever video to see the "freeze" in action (http://ssomail.charter.net/do/redirect?url=http%253A%252F%252Fmail.humanevents.c om%252Fct%252F3886986%253A5743071474%253Am%253A1%2 53A146033835%253AD37FE1BA6A8B6C56F79154B183B8CCCE) ).

By pretending to be budget cutters, deficit peacocks engage in an old liberal trick. They promise future spending cuts while approving massive current spending. Then, later, they demand tax increases to pay for all that spending.

Today, deficit peacocks are strutting all over Washington. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) and President Obama could all cut spending if they wanted to, they just don't want to.

They'd rather pretend and try to fool the American people. They say, "Wait for the spending cuts."
I say, "Watch your wallet America."

lacarnut
02-03-2010, 08:18 AM
I think the term strutting buzzards is more appropriate. Liberals tell us one thing at election time and do another when they get in office. Case in point. Obama said he was in favor of nukes, clean coal and more drilling. Now, he want to cripple the coal industry with high taxes, no nukes and no offshore drilling.

The plan as I see from this Administration is to tax fossil fuels to high heaven so that those funds can be used to pay for green energy. That way the cost of fossil fuel energy will rise dramatically so that both energy sources will be compatible in price. Look for 4 to 5 dollar per gallon gasoline. These buzzards are getting ready to stick it to us. Sad part is that this price redistribution will not make us less dependent on foreign oil.

02-03-2010, 08:57 PM
An exerpt from Newt's latest letter on American Solutons.

Deficit hawks vs deficit peacocks

I don't think your link is the right one. It is to Charter Communications web page.

Articulate_Ape
03-30-2010, 11:16 PM
Oil well, well... Government set to unveil offshore drilling plan (http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE62T06520100330). If this isn't the political ploy that I suspect it is, then I have to say that Obamarama has my full support on this issue. We'll see.

Government set to unveil offshore drilling plan
Tom Doggett
WASHINGTON
Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:37pm EDT

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Obama administration is expected to announce by Wednesday its updated plan for oil and natural gas drilling in U.S. waters, including whether to allow exploration for the first time along the U.S. East Coast.

The plan could pave the way for a significant new domestic source of energy, helping to reduce U.S. dependence on oil imports and boost supplies of natural gas used to displace coal in power plants as the country works to reduce emissions of climate-changing greenhouse gases.

Last month, Interior Secretary Ken Salazar said he wanted to release the updated drilling plan by the end of March.

Two industry sources said on Monday President Barack Obama was expected to give a speech about energy security on Wednesday, which could include his views on expansion of offshore drilling.

The Interior Department and White House declined comment on Monday on whether Obama would speak to the issue in a speech slated for mid-morning on Wednesday at Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland.

The administration has been weighing the pros and cons of offshore drilling since it took office and put the brakes on a Bush-era proposal that called for drilling along the East Coast and off the coast of California.

For more than 20 years, drilling was banned in most offshore areas of the United States outside the Gulf of Mexico because of concerns spills could harm the environment.

Congress allowed the prohibition to expire in 2008 and former President George W. Bush lifted a drilling moratorium that year.

Environmental groups and some lawmakers continue to raise concerns about the impact increased drilling would have on coastal areas.

But Obama, who wants Congress to move a stalled climate change bill, has sought to reach out to Republicans by signaling he is open to allowing offshore drilling, providing coastlines are protected.

The U.S. Geological Survey estimates the U.S. Atlantic coast waters may hold 37 trillion cubic feet of gas and nearly 4 billion barrels of oil, while the Pacific Coast has 10.5 billion barrels of oil and 18 trillion cubic feet of gas.

To put that in context, the United States imports about 2 billion barrels of oil a year from OPEC nations and is expected to import 2.7 trillion cubic feet of natural gas from all sources this year, according to the Energy Department.

The administration's plan is expected to spell out whether and when drilling will be allowed in 3 million acres off the Virginia coast.

The Bush administration had proposed leasing the Virginia tracts to energy companies and said the government would receive bids for the leases in November 2011.

However, a senior Interior official told an oil industry conference in January that drilling off Virginia's coast would definitely be delayed past the original 2011 leasing date.

The proposed Virginia lease area, located about 50 miles from shore, may hold 130 million barrels of oil and 1.14 trillion cubic feet of natural gas.

The possible delay in drilling off Virginia's coast has been criticized by the state's new governor, Republican Bob McDonnell, and two U.S. senators eager for the state to tap into the jobs and royalties that come with exploration.

A spokeswoman for McDonnell said his office has not been told the updated drilling plan would be announced on Wednesday.

EDIT: Drudge indicate the White House is trying to quash the leaking of this story, ergo my copy/paste quote.

Rockntractor
03-30-2010, 11:30 PM
Oil well, well... Government set to unveil offshore drilling plan (http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE62T06520100330). If this isn't the political ploy that I suspect it is, then I have to say that Obamarama has my full support on this issue. We'll see.

EDIT: Drudge indicate the White House is trying to quash the leaking of this story, ergo my copy/paste quote.

From what I have heard it is just more scam. I don't have a link but I think it was Quinn and Rose that were talking about it.

Articulate_Ape
03-30-2010, 11:33 PM
From what I have heard it is just more scam. I don't have a link but I think it was Quinn and Rose that were talking about it.

My instincts tell me the same, my porcine amigo, BUT if Bammer actually is sincere about this, then I will give him the credit such a move deserves. However, I just find anything that man proffers very hard to believe. We shall see.

sugarb
04-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Juan Williams on FOX wants to explore for oil but not drill for oil. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

SaintLouieWoman
06-04-2010, 08:06 AM
Most of the pols will be afraid to say "drill now" after the BP disaster. After all, the Obama administration can't waste a single disaster.

Wei Wu Wei
06-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Let's recap: a few things that made me laugh

I want to drill now and cut dependence on foreign oil. 133 95.00%
Nooo, never, they might destroy the environment. 7 5.00%
Haven't decided yet. 0 0%

The joke is going to be on you when McCain wipes the floor up with Obama come Nov.; dummies like you do not understand that the American voters want more production in the offshore area/ AK, nukes, alternative energy, etc. So, in that vain, the petition has had a positive effect. Energy is or will be a top issue in the election.

The media will call the election in McCain favor around 11pm EST. It is going to be a blow out in Nov.

President McCain will drill everywhere except shit-holes like Chicago and San Fran. Afterwards, the Democ. party bosses will be so pissed at Pisslosi and Reid that they will be removed from their chairmanship positions. You can book it. If only the mindless duo had supported drilling, the outcome may have been different. Naw.

LMAO

Real funny joke there buddy AHHHAHAHA

Sonnabend
06-07-2010, 09:56 AM
..and thanks to Obambi, the Democrat majority is about to become the party that holds a meeting in a phonebooth on Main Street.

seehorse
06-12-2010, 12:12 AM
Drill baby drill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

patriot45
06-12-2010, 12:16 AM
Drill baby drill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Uh.... closer to shore and on land!?! Makes too much sense!

PoliCon
06-12-2010, 12:21 AM
Uh.... closer to shore and on land!?! Makes too much sense!

clearly. But now that the EPA have god like powers - it will be a cold day in hell before any new drilling takes place. :mad:

SaintLouieWoman
06-14-2010, 11:53 AM
clearly. But now that the EPA have god like powers - it will be a cold day in hell before any new drilling takes place. :mad:

The powers to be in control now might get their wish sooner rather than later---with sky high prices at the pump. That's what they wanted all along, higher taxes, more control. After all, they can't waste a good crisis. Problem is, that crisis will turn around and bite them in the butt.

PoliCon
06-14-2010, 11:55 AM
The powers to be in control now might get their wish sooner rather than later---with sky high prices at the pump. That's what they wanted all along, higher taxes, more control. After all, they can't waste a good crisis. Problem is, that crisis will turn around and bite them in the butt.

I hope I live long enough to see the BITE happen.

lacarnut
06-14-2010, 12:12 PM

Everything these Democratic and RINO socialist bastards in DC are doing will come back to bite them in the butt. I think we will see that happen in 4 1/2 months.

Wei Wu Wei
06-15-2010, 08:45 PM
Everything these Democratic and RINO socialist bastards in DC are doing will come back to bite them in the butt. I think we will see that happen in 4 1/2 months.

The King of Electoral Predictions speaks again.

patriot45
06-15-2010, 08:53 PM
The King of Electoral Predictions speaks again.

What is your moonbat cure? Drill for oil 5 miles deep!? Liberals are re-tards. (pronounced like on the movie The Hangover!)

Wei Wu Wei
06-15-2010, 09:01 PM
What is your moonbat cure? Drill for oil 5 miles deep!? Liberals are re-tards. (pronounced like on the movie The Hangover!)

Nuclear, combined wind, hydro, and solar, and heavy funding for research and development of economically sound green energy (sort of how when it was needed, the Governmentspent a lot of money and hired a bunch of scientist and completed the Manhattan Project in an unprecedented time scale as well as the Human Genome Project).

Millions of new jobs and new billionaires will be made but the current billionaire energy leaders will do everything they can to avoid this for obvious reasons.

Wei Wu Wei
06-15-2010, 09:07 PM
There is fertile ground right now for a new energy industry and if America can jump on it first we will be the leaders of the world in the new energy revolution, we will have the millions of jobs created to produce this energy and revamp the industrial infrastructure of countries all over the world and we can tap into it. The only people who are going to hurt from this are the people who currently own the failing energy industry, and these people have a LOT of money, a LOT of power, a LOT of influence and are doing everything they can to stop it, and you people are just eating it all up. Christ this country is nearly hopeless.

NJCardFan
06-15-2010, 09:09 PM
Nuclear, combined wind, hydro, and solar, and heavy funding for research and development of economically sound green energy (sort of how when it was needed, the Governmentspent a lot of money and hired a bunch of scientist and completed the Manhattan Project in an unprecedented time scale as well as the Human Genome Project).

Millions of new jobs and new billionaires will be made but the current billionaire energy leaders will do everything they can to avoid this for obvious reasons.

You're funny. While I agree with you on nuclear energy, name me 1 environmental whacko who will allow a new reactor to be built? The others are liberal pipe dreams. Hydro power is fine as long as you live in that kind of area. Wind power ain't gonna happen. Know how many of those eyesores it takes to power even a small town? And solar, fine for individual use but the scale of them it would take to generate enough power is astounding. And another thing, if these things were such a reality, don't you think Exxon/Mobile and others would be all over it like fat kids at an ice cream party?

Rockntractor
06-15-2010, 09:10 PM
There is fertile ground right now for a new energy industry and if America can jump on it first we will be the leaders of the world in the new energy revolution, we will have the millions of jobs created to produce this energy and revamp the industrial infrastructure of countries all over the world and we can tap into it. The only people who are going to hurt from this are the people who currently own the failing energy industry, and these people have a LOT of money, a LOT of power, a LOT of influence and are doing everything they can to stop it, and you people are just eating it all up. Christ this country is nearly hopeless.

Your full of crap poli!

patriot45
06-15-2010, 09:14 PM

I'll give your moonbat ass nuclear power, tried and proven. The rest are just steal money that we don't have and give it to the goracle people, I.E. moonbats. Alternate energy cannot be mandated by the almighty government, period. When it does come it will be by private initiative...... unless your obozo completely drives that away!

patriot45
06-15-2010, 09:15 PM
Your full of crap poli!

No way! Thats a poli-sock!!!?

Rockntractor
06-15-2010, 09:20 PM
No way! Thats a poli-sock!!!?

My mistake, don't be offended Wei Wei but you are full of crap.

It is so easy to confuse them!:confused:

patriot45
06-15-2010, 09:22 PM
My mistake, don't be offended Wei Wei but you are full of crap.

It is so easy to confuse them!:confused:

Its alright. I always pictured wee wee wee as a guy, effeminate, yah. but I know poli ain't! :D

Rockntractor
06-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Its alright. I always pictured wee wee wee as a guy, effeminate, yah. but I know poli ain't! :D
Poli is Wei Wei's little sister maybe?:confused:

SaintLouieWoman
06-18-2010, 08:18 AM
Poli is Wei Wei's little sister maybe?:confused:

Who knows, but he or she is indicative of the moonbats pushing those windmills, but just not in their backyard.

Interesting how the stats changed in the poll. We're now up to 7 moonbats voting against drilling. But check out how many on this board voted for it, 135. Telling, isn't it?

Wei Wu Wei
06-18-2010, 10:38 AM
It's not about one solution. Make it cheap for buildings to place wind turbines on their roofs to generate their own energy. It's a little, but a few turbines on every building will help. Change how we insulate and build houses, it's a little, but it helps. Add solar panels on the tops and sides of houses and buildings, start building new structures with this goal in mind. change fuel standards for cars, get nuclear energy up and runing, and invest a LOT of money in research and development.

Again, remember the Moon Landing, remember the Manhatten Project, remember the Human Genome Project, if the government takes REAL steps and has REAL motivation to do something never done before, we've proven time and time again that we CAN do it. However, there are currently powerful and wealthy interests who want to prevent such a thing from happening.

Oil isn't only used for gasoline you know.

Wei Wu Wei
06-18-2010, 10:44 AM
Right now it's the interests of major corporations who are dominating both the government and all of the airwaves that "inform" the American public. These major corporations are INTERNATIONAL corporations, they have no allegiance to any nation, they transcend national boundaries and have their own motivations separate from their country of origin.

Do you really think these companies want to make America the land of the New Clean Energy Revolution? Sure it'll create millions of jobs here, but this can be done in any country, and in other countries hey can get cheaper labor. They can outsource these valuable jobs before they're even created here.

So, what exactly is the motivation for major energy corporations to make clean energy production in America?

Anyone?

JB
06-18-2010, 06:19 PM
So, what exactly is the motivation for major energy corporations to make clean energy production in America?

Anyone?Right. Blame the corporations.

They wanted to build a wind farm off Cape Cod. Fat Boy Kennedy shot it down.

lacarnut
06-18-2010, 06:35 PM
Right now it's the interests of major corporations who are dominating both the government and all of the airwaves that "inform" the American public. These major corporations are INTERNATIONAL corporations, they have no allegiance to any nation, they transcend national boundaries and have their own motivations separate from their country of origin.

Do you really think these companies want to make America the land of the New Clean Energy Revolution? Sure it'll create millions of jobs here, but this can be done in any country, and in other countries hey can get cheaper labor. They can outsource these valuable jobs before they're even created here.

Anyone?

You are an idiot because BP is heavily invested in clean energy in this country. You know what the cleanest, cheapest energy source is? Answer, natural gas. Did you know that Exxon just bought XTO which is a natural gas company? Did you know that 80% of the billions for clean energy (wind) was given to foreign companies? How is that was supposed to create American jobs? Did you know that the energy created by the wind farms off the coast of MA will be 3 times more costly (9 cents compared to 27 cents per KW)? Did you know that you are a dumb little fucker?

PoliCon
06-18-2010, 09:58 PM

PROFIT. Duh. :rolleyes:

Wei Wu Wei
06-19-2010, 11:57 AM
PROFIT. Duh. :rolleyes:

The best thing is not always the most profitable thing.

If that were the case there would be no unemployment.

AmPat
06-19-2010, 01:55 PM
It's not about one solution. Make it cheap for buildings to place wind turbines on their roofs to generate their own energy. It's a little, but a few turbines on every building will help. Change how we insulate and build houses, it's a little, but it helps. Add solar panels on the tops and sides of houses and buildings, start building new structures with this goal in mind. change fuel standards for cars, get nuclear energy up and runing, and invest a LOT of money in research and development.

Again, remember the Moon Landing, remember the Manhatten Project, remember the Human Genome Project, if the government takes REAL steps and has REAL motivation to do something never done before, we've proven time and time again that we CAN do it. However, there are currently powerful and wealthy interests who want to prevent such a thing from happening.

Oil isn't only used for gasoline you know.

You are a typical liberal. You want and support, even demand feel good crap that has been repeatedly proven a disaster. Why don't you look into the disaster that is Spain for your utopian reality. Do some research and save your unicorns for the children.:cool:

lacarnut
06-19-2010, 02:39 PM

If that were the case there would be no unemployment.

You are a dumb ass. Speaking of employment. Why don't you get a job and lower the unemployment rate?

PoliCon
06-19-2010, 05:50 PM

If that were the case there would be no unemployment.:rolleyes: you and your class envy. :rolleyes:

Best thing for who?

SarasotaRepub
06-23-2010, 06:52 AM
What's up everyone, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hey. Hopefully I posted this in the right section!

Errr, no. You can post in the Welcome Wagon Forum for that! Please do.

EazyMack
08-22-2010, 01:07 PM
Drill it!

SaintLouieWoman
09-07-2010, 02:04 PM
I was wondering what the feelings of the membership are now about drilling. Since the oil spill in the gulf, do you now favor continuing drilling. Does it bother you to drill in deep water?

lacarnut
09-07-2010, 02:16 PM
I was wondering what the feelings of the membership are now about drilling. Since the oil spill in the gulf, do you now favor continuing drilling. Does it bother you to drill in deep water?

I feel that we should continue drilling. BP made a number of serious cost cutting errors which led to the oil spill. Why punish the whole industry for what these dunces did. That would be like shutting down the Federal Government because of crooks like Jefferson and Rangel.

jendf
09-07-2010, 02:18 PM

Drill, baby, drill!

hampshirebrit
09-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Does it bother you to drill in deep water?

Not even slightly.

When I can't refuel my car and the natural gas and electric supply to my house goes offline, when I can't go to Tesco and buy food because the freight trucks can't deliver, when mains water and sewerage goes down because the water supply company people can't get to work anymore, when some yahoo is trying to break my front door down because he wants what I have left ....

... that's when I'll get bothered.

In the meantime, keep drilling.

SaintLouieWoman
09-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Not even slightly.

When I can't refuel my car and the natural gas and electric supply to my house goes offline, when I can't go to Tesco and buy food because the freight trucks can't deliver, when mains water and sewerage goes down because the water supply company people can't get to work anymore, when some yahoo is trying to break my front door down because he wants what I have left ....

... that's when I'll get bothered.

In the meantime, keep drilling.

Well said. I think the folks whining in the letters to the editor in the lib Sarasota rag aren't thinking, just reacting emotionally.

They were preparing for a major oil disaster here, with many trained to man the local beaches. Fortunately, nothing happened.

Obama will really have the economy reeling if his lib friends get their way and shut down the oil industry. It's just nuts.

Odin's Hand
02-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Continue drilling. These Gulf Coast, Southern Plains and Rocky Mountain states' economies are being destroyed by this moratorium. It's trickle down too, not just the greasy hairs in the boardrooms. Welders, roughnecks, truckers, etc. are cooling off their equipment for too long while these 3rd world bastards rake in the cash because we need the refined goods to transport and manufacture.

lacarnut
02-23-2011, 06:05 PM
Continue drilling. These Gulf Coast, Southern Plains and Rocky Mountain states' economies are being destroyed by this moratorium. It's trickle down too, not just the greasy hairs in the boardrooms. Welders, roughnecks, truckers, etc. are cooling off their equipment for too long while these 3rd world bastards rake in the cash because we need the refined goods to transport and manufacture.

I am afraid that Obummer will stall till he is forced to allow a trickling of new production. The courts have ordered the administration to cease holding up permits in the Gulf. However, new regulations and permits have stymied this from happening.

If oil goes up and stays up in the $150 range, that might cause a double dip recession. The economy is quite fragile as it is. Economies not only in the US but around the world would be affected. The moron-in-chief has no answers except to nationalize the oil companies.

Apache
02-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Drilling NOW is only part of the solution to what we face. We also need more refining capabilities. Zero and his Green minions won't allow that though...:rolleyes:

PoliCon
02-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Drilling NOW is only part of the solution to what we face. We also need more refining capabilities. Zero and his Green minions won't allow that though...:rolleyes:

which is why I called my congress critters and DEMANDED that they spearhead an effort to streamline the process and cut the read tape.

Apache
02-25-2011, 02:16 PM
which is why I called my congress critters and DEMANDED that they spearhead an effort to streamline the process and cut the read tape.

To do that we need to get rid of the politicians and get statesmen in there....;)

SaintLouieWoman
05-01-2011, 07:06 PM
With gas over $4.00 a gallon, I wonder if more people are in favor of drilling now? The libs will take the economy down with their prohibiting drilling.

du freeper
05-01-2011, 07:14 PM
With gas over $4.00 a gallon, I wonder if more people are in favor of drilling now? The libs will take the economy down with their prohibiting drilling.

The Fed Reserve is working nicely with the socialist to destroy our economy. Every time they print more money it adds to the cost of a gallon of gas, which in turns makes food and everything else go up.

Articulate_Ape
05-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Considering the results of this poll, I'm surprised that WWWilbur and Haznonuts, et al, haven't demanded a recount. :confused:

SaintLouieWoman
05-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Considering the results of this poll, I'm surprised that WWWilbur and Haznonuts, et al, haven't demanded a recount. :confused:
I'm sure they're among the 8---as opposed to the 141 for it. :D

hai
09-18-2011, 12:38 AM
Hell Yeah!

txradioguy
09-18-2011, 09:58 AM
Drill baby drill.

SaintLouieWoman
03-03-2012, 01:00 AM

Some things never change. This was from April 2011.

We're still having the drill controversy, Newt is still in the primaries (note his views throughout the time of this long running thread) and Obama and his minions still are doing their damndest to keep the price of gas up so it will boost their efforts to alternative fuels. Think Solyndra.

I wish the politicians would get off their rears and do something. :frown-new:

Retread
03-03-2012, 11:23 PM

I wish the politicians would get off their rears and do something. :frown-new:

Yeah. Like getting voted out of office. I reinterate my slogan of 2010 -

FYI - fire your incumbent.

Unreconstructed Reb
07-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Drill baby! Right in Ted Kennedy's backyard if need be! ;)

Right through Ted Kennedy's ass if need be!

:thumbsup:

Generation Why?
07-02-2012, 12:57 PM
All for drilling but we have to remember that this is a global commodity. Even if we did drill we would not make that big of a dent in the price but rely a bit less on foreign oil.

SaintLouieWoman
01-05-2013, 01:23 PM
I'm going to unsticky this later today, unless anyone feels like posting here. It's served its purpose--the members of this board have overwhelmingly voted for drilling. However, since the win by O, don't think it's going to happen. This thread will still be available, but will have to be sought in the unofficial archives.

Novaheart
01-05-2013, 04:01 PM
It's a trick question.

There is no guarantee that increased oil production in the US will result in smaller imports of foreign oil. I don't pretend to know the minutia of such, but if you will go to the CIA website you will see that we already export oil.

Retread
01-05-2013, 06:06 PM
It's a trick question.

There is no guarantee that increased oil production in the US will result in smaller imports of foreign oil. I don't pretend to know the minutia of such, but if you will go to the CIA website you will see that we already export oil.

Wrong but you don't want the facts.

SLW - cut the paste and let it fade. CU has spoken.

SaintLouieWoman
01-05-2013, 06:10 PM
Wrong but you don't want the facts.

SLW - cut the paste and let it fade. CU has spoken.

When does he ever want the facts? :frown-new:

Retread
01-05-2013, 06:36 PM
When does he ever want the facts? :frown-new:

About as often as the little o.