PDA

View Full Version : Dan Doty has Bigfoot and I got...

Ole Cowboy
04-17-2018, 09:39 PM
Prologue: What you are about to read I have had buried in the back of my mind for over 50 years, since my senior year in at Ark HS in Texarkana. I have only told a very few people about this over this time. It was a life-changing event, I have kept it a secret due to my career and the security clearances I have held as high as Top Secret Q Clearance. It’s just not something you talk about. I never mentioned to my father who held TS/SSBI-Yankee White level and had spent some time at the Pentagon working on USAF Project Blue Book. The following is a true account and only the second time I have ever gone public and in writing.

Texarkana, Ark, Tennessee Rd UFO It was an early fall day, Saturday, 1964 around 10 am. I had asked a friend and neighbor, John Henson (AHS ’64) to come down to my house and help me change spark plugs on my car. It was a beautiful warm, sunny and clear sky day. As is so often the case the last spark plug broke off when I went to tighten it down. This meant a trip into town and buy a new plug.

We hopped in my truck and headed towards town. The meant about 1-½ miles down Tennessee Rd, hang a right and drive about the same distance over to Hwy 82, then left toward town.

This location is one of the highest in Miller County and it drops off real fast as you head toward Hwy 82 thru Lakewood Estates. We have made the right off Tennessee Rd and are driving into Lakewood Estates and its about 200 yards before you start to drop off.

We are talking away and as we approach the downhill, I look to my left and it was an OMG moment. I bring the truck to a stop and we are both fixated and flummoxed on what we saw. Yep, for real a UFO! Its large a good 75 ft across, its definitely saucer shaped, very aerodynamic and about 25 feet thick in the center tapering to a rolled edge about 2 feet thick.

The color was that of anodized Titanium, looking similar to anodized cookware only not as dark. There did not appear to be any seams or other openings, no windows or doors were visible. The object appeared to be slowly rotating on its axis, made a low humming sound and seemed to be extremely surface hot as the air below the outer edge was a bit hazy like looking across an asphalt road on a hot day.

Suddenly the awe began to wear off and I said, “what in the hell is that” and hit the accelerator. We drove down the hill, stopped at Wooten Lake in Lakewood Estates, and then decided to go back. It was no longer there.

Where it had sat (hovered) just above ground level everything was laid over flat.

I stopped there a few more times and had clearly left a large round open area behind. I left in ’67 and never really returned until somewhere around 2004 to visit with John Henson and some other friends. I had not seen in years. I drove over there and even with 40 years passing the spot where the UFO had sat was clearly visible, large, round and open. I went there again, when I attended my 50th class reunion and in spite of it having always being a heavily grown and wooded area, there is a large round open spot where the UFO sat to this day.

Epilogue: Shortly before my Dad passed away I asked him about Project Blue Book, the Governments investigation into UFO’s. I asked him if he thought they were real based upon his knowledge. Never in my life had I ever heard the words that he uttered: “No comment.” He took that and what ever he did in his post WWII military career in the OSI to his grave.

Rockntractor
04-17-2018, 09:56 PM
Prologue: What you are about to read I have had buried in the back of my mind for over 50 years, since my senior year in at Ark HS in Texarkana. I have only told a very few people about this over this time. It was a life-changing event, I have kept it a secret due to my career and the security clearances I have held as high as Top Secret Q Clearance. It’s just not something you talk about. I never mentioned to my father who held TS/SSBI-Yankee White level and had spent some time at the Pentagon working on USAF Project Blue Book. The following is a true account and only the second time I have ever gone public and in writing.

Texarkana, Ark, Tennessee Rd UFO It was an early fall day, Saturday, 1964 around 10 am. I had asked a friend and neighbor, John Henson (AHS ’64) to come down to my house and help me change spark plugs on my car. It was a beautiful warm, sunny and clear sky day. As is so often the case the last spark plug broke off when I went to tighten it down. This meant a trip into town and buy a new plug.

We hopped in my truck and headed towards town. The meant about 1-½ miles down Tennessee Rd, hang a right and drive about the same distance over to Hwy 82, then left toward town.

This location is one of the highest in Miller County and it drops off real fast as you head toward Hwy 82 thru Lakewood Estates. We have made the right off Tennessee Rd and are driving into Lakewood Estates and its about 200 yards before you start to drop off.

We are talking away and as we approach the downhill, I look to my left and it was an OMG moment. I bring the truck to a stop and we are both fixated and flummoxed on what we saw. Yep, for real a UFO! Its large a good 75 ft across, its definitely saucer shaped, very aerodynamic and about 25 feet thick in the center tapering to a rolled edge about 2 feet thick.

The color was that of anodized Titanium, looking similar to anodized cookware only not as dark. There did not appear to be any seams or other openings, no windows or doors were visible. The object appeared to be slowly rotating on its axis, made a low humming sound and seemed to be extremely surface hot as the air below the outer edge was a bit hazy like looking across an asphalt road on a hot day.

Suddenly the awe began to wear off and I said, “what in the hell is that” and hit the accelerator. We drove down the hill, stopped at Wooten Lake in Lakewood Estates, and then decided to go back. It was no longer there.

Where it had sat (hovered) just above ground level everything was laid over flat.

I stopped there a few more times and had clearly left a large round open area behind. I left in ’67 and never really returned until somewhere around 2004 to visit with John Henson and some other friends. I had not seen in years. I drove over there and even with 40 years passing the spot where the UFO had sat was clearly visible, large, round and open. I went there again, when I attended my 50th class reunion and in spite of it having always being a heavily grown and wooded area, there is a large round open spot where the UFO sat to this day.

Epilogue: Shortly before my Dad passed away I asked him about Project Blue Book, the Governments investigation into UFO’s. I asked him if he thought they were real based upon his knowledge. Never in my life had I ever heard the words that he uttered: “No comment.” He took that and what ever he did in his post WWII military career in the OSI to his grave.I think that was actually my sister in-law sorry for the trouble!

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

Retread
04-17-2018, 10:16 PM
I think that was actually my sister in-law sorry for the trouble!

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

Sounds like one of her stunts.

Dan D. Doty
04-17-2018, 10:28 PM
This is what is called a Close encounter Of The First Kind.

Coming in contact at 500 feet or less and being able to see clear detail of the craft. The area would be affected for years to come; not being able grow anything, leaving a bald spot. Even the soil there would have changed. I'm surprised the truck didn't die while you were there.

Follow up questions. Was there a large body of water nearby, a lake or a river? Were there power lines nearby? Where there livestock, a farm or ranch close by. Did you have any psychic expierences afterward?

The 60's was still a time when most people did not report these kinds of things, mostly they were afraid that they would be labeled as a nut, many people have had their lives ruined; a number of Cops in the 60's had the careers end because they reported UFO encounters.

Not to worry, I have had a number of UFO encounters myself over the years; two in 1987, one in 2004 which follow flew over my head at about 60 feet, or less.

Cowboy, don't worry I'm not trying to one-up you, or anything like that. But most people who have an encounter only have one.
But during the late 70's this encounter, if you had reported it, would have made you a candidate for the Remote Viewing program; they recruited people in the Military and Intelligence who Near Death Expierences ( after Vietnam there were a lot) and those few that had UFO encounters; these things change your reception.

well, Cowboy has been brave enough to come forward, anyone else with a story to tell?

Because no matter where live in America, someone twenty miles or less of you has encountered a UFO, a strange creature, or a ghost.

Welcome to Goblin Universe.

cadillac shark
04-18-2018, 07:25 AM
I thought my first sighting would be a life-changing, massively huge deal.

But it was just 'unidentified'. -A brilliant light cruising through tree-tops at night, emerging, then blinking 'at me' with what I reckoned was 'intelligent intent'. Then I just continued driving without really thinking about it.

Ole Cowboy
04-18-2018, 09:52 AM
This is what is called a Close encounter Of The First Kind.

Coming in contact at 500 feet or less and being able to see clear detail of the craft. The area would be affected for years to come; not being able grow anything, leaving a bald spot. Even the soil there would have changed. I'm surprised the truck didn't die while you were there.

Follow up questions. Was there a large body of water nearby, a lake or a river? Were there power lines nearby? Where there livestock, a farm or ranch close by. Did you have any psychic expierences afterward?

The 60's was still a time when most people did not report these kinds of things, mostly they were afraid that they would be labeled as a nut, many people have had their lives ruined; a number of Cops in the 60's had the careers end because they reported UFO encounters.

Not to worry, I have had a number of UFO encounters myself over the years; two in 1987, one in 2004 which follow flew over my head at about 60 feet, or less.

Cowboy, don't worry I'm not trying to one-up you, or anything like that. But most people who have an encounter only have one.
But during the late 70's this encounter, if you had reported it, would have made you a candidate for the Remote Viewing program; they recruited people in the Military and Intelligence who Near Death Expierences ( after Vietnam there were a lot) and those few that had UFO encounters; these things change your reception.

well, Cowboy has been brave enough to come forward, anyone else with a story to tell?

Because no matter where live in America, someone twenty miles or less of you has encountered a UFO, a strange creature, or a ghost.

Welcome to Goblin Universe.
In the attached pic, just about in the center, just to the left of the road, you will see a round open spot, that is where it sat in 1964, the pic is the latest Google pic. Over 50 years and that spot has remained treeless the entire time. In fact that was a piece of raw vacant land that was a part of a large farm. The part was never farmed on, that was to the South and the house you see on the right was the owner. It was sold off about 3 years ago and when I was there they were just beginning to build a home on the land so over these many years the land has laid fallow and untouched. As you can see its very treed and lush and green and has grown much since I lived just down the road back in my High School days. For most of the time there was not even grass there, it all died off after we saw it and as late as 2012 there still was not much of any growth.

Lots of small lakes in the area, most not bigger than about 10 acres. No major power lines, some livestock, but nothing heavy, we just raised horses on our place and a few had truck cattle. But not far from there was a radio tower and that is the highest elevation for about 5 mi or so.

http://www.17oaks.com/_Media/screen-shot-2015-10-26-at_med.jpeg

SarasotaRepub
04-18-2018, 10:38 AM

But it was just 'unidentified'. -A brilliant light cruising through tree-tops at night, emerging, then blinking 'at me' with what I reckoned was 'intelligent intent'. Then I just continued driving without really thinking about it.

Oh...great job there bucko!!! When we get invaded
we know who to blame!!! :nono::lol:

SarasotaRepub
04-18-2018, 10:54 AM
No major power lines, some livestock, but nothing heavy, we just raised horses on our place and a few had truck cattle.

Ahhh...there ya go!!! Another alien cattle abduction!!!
I've heard they like Terran steak. A lot. You and your buddy
were lucky the tractor beam was already turned off!! :cool:

Just kidding. Hey, I have no reason to doubt you.

Dan D. Doty
04-18-2018, 11:15 AM

Sometimes it happens like that, people see something with no reaction while it is happening or right afterward. My guess is you didn't
talk about it till weeks later.

cadillac shark
04-18-2018, 11:17 AM
Oh...great job there bucko!!! When we get invaded
we know who to blame!!! :nono::lol:

:biggrin-new: Btw, my avatar is the guy-in-the-pickup at the beginning of Kronos, just before he sees a flying-saucer and gets zapped by it.

Retread
04-18-2018, 11:25 AM

Mine was similar. I was working nights irrigating the golf greens and saw the, at the time, routine cigar shaped light standing still in the sky. I sat in the pickup and stared at it for some time then it blinked out.

cadillac shark
04-18-2018, 11:32 AM
Sometimes it happens like that, people see something with no reaction while it is happening or right afterward. My guess is you didn't
talk about it till weeks later.

Yep. Never could actually start a conversation about it. Luckily, my sister was riding with me and saw it. But she never talks about it either. But I recall our exchange at the time:

me: " It looks like a floating motion-detector light. "

her: " That's not a motion-detector light... "

Dan D. Doty
04-18-2018, 11:36 AM
In the attached pic, just about in the center, just to the left of the road, you will see a round open spot, that is where it sat in 1964, the pic is the latest Google pic. Over 50 years and that spot has remained treeless the entire time. In fact that was a piece of raw vacant land that was a part of a large farm. The part was never farmed on, that was to the South and the house you see on the right was the owner. It was sold off about 3 years ago and when I was there they were just beginning to build a home on the land so over these many years the land has laid fallow and untouched. As you can see its very treed and lush and green and has grown much since I lived just down the road back in my High School days. For most of the time there was not even grass there, it all died off after we saw it and as late as 2012 there still was not much of any growth.

Lots of small lakes in the area, most not bigger than about 10 acres. No major power lines, some livestock, but nothing heavy, we just raised horses on our place and a few had truck cattle. But not far from there was a radio tower and that is the highest elevation for about 5 mi or so.

http://www.17oaks.com/_Media/screen-shot-2015-10-26-at_med.jpeg

UFOs often show up for a reason; water, draining power, taking soil samples, even doing repairs. The soil over the spot will not hold water any longer, nothing will grow there for years, if ever. The reason I asked about the livestock was when a paranormal event happens, one of two things goes on with animals, most of the time its the latter; either they freak out ( which doesn't happen often) or they're go dead quite; animals, birds, even insects totally shut up and don't move.

In the 60's some people got visit from the Men In Black after something like this happened, especially if they got pictures. They show up and claim to be with the Air Force, FBI, or some other government agency. They would demand whatever evidence you had and tell you to be quite for the sake of national security. Hell, some times they'd show up even you didn't report the sighting, or right after the sighting happened. The Air Force had to put out a memo about people impersonating Air Force officers and intiminating witnesses.

SarasotaRepub
04-18-2018, 11:39 AM
:biggrin-new: Btw, my avatar is the guy-in-the-pickup at the beginning of Kronos, just before he sees a flying-saucer and gets zapped by it.

That is one of my favorite old SciFi moves.

cadillac shark
04-18-2018, 11:41 AM
Mine was similar. I was working nights irrigating the golf greens and saw the, at the time, routine cigar shaped light standing still in the sky. I sat in the pickup and stared at it for some time then it blinked out.

'Unidentified'. That's all you can really say. Because the priorities of the moment; mundane or important, are governing you like they always do. It's just something you ponder later.

Ole Cowboy
04-18-2018, 12:10 PM
And time for one more:
US Army Fort _____, State, 1974

I am there doing training for 8 weeks and in one of those weeks we do night training out on one of the ranges. Our class is broken down into 2 groups. Class starts at 1830 and goes till 2230. We are ALL equipped with military grade Artillery Bino's, in addition we have Artillery spotter scopes mounted on tripods used by the graders to view our adjustments. The range is lit by Arty illumination and we are adjusting HE/WP fires under the illumination.

The class is made up of Company grade officers and led by officer and senior NCO's.

Class size is about 30 personnel.

We rotate in groups of about 6 officers adjusting fires in a range about 200 meters wide by <2000 meters deep per officer for 6 lanes.

The purpose is to learn to adjust close in fires on the battlefield and to get experience on making smaller adjustments then Artillery fire support officers would do.

On command we fire and adjust to hit various targest from tanks to some hills with old car on top. After 3-4 rds are fired per officer in his lane a cease fire is called and each is reviewed. The rest are in the bleachers, each man assigned a lane and he watches and learns from the officer who was up and awaits his turn to adjust fires.

At about 2130 hrs in a time of review (cease fire) and note there is continious illumination of the range by the Artillery group not with us. Suddendly some screams CEASE FIRES there is an OBJECT on the range in lane 3-4.

OMG WTF!!!!!!!! is being echo'd thru the entire bleachers and by the graders.

At about 1800 meters from our bleachers is a UFO that has landed, it is circular 'flying saucer' and remains there appearing to hover just off the gound (?). It stays for approx 15 min, then goes straight up and out and is gone.

Next morning in class there are people in suits and Sr Officers, we are told we will never speak of this in any context, we are under direct orders to say nothing even to each other or family members. ALL the Ranges on the major training post are closed, Range road is closed and there are a lot of people coming on post in govt vehicles that have access. The roads are closed and guarded by military MP's and no one passes except the govt cars. THe entire side of the post is closed down to the housing area and even the road to the PX/Commissary is closed so we had to drive off post and come back in another gate to get there.

Each of us had to sign a non-disclosure and and after signed each was asked "what did you see last night"? NOTHING SIR!

Dan D. Doty
04-18-2018, 04:32 PM
And time for one more:
US Army Fort _____, State, 1974

I am there doing training for 8 weeks and in one of those weeks we do night training out on one of the ranges. Our class is broken down into 2 groups. Class starts at 1830 and goes till 2230. We are ALL equipped with military grade Artillery Bino's, in addition we have Artillery spotter scopes mounted on tripods used by the graders to view our adjustments. The range is lit by Arty illumination and we are adjusting HE/WP fires under the illumination.

The class is made up of Company grade officers and led by officer and senior NCO's.

Class size is about 30 personnel.

We rotate in groups of about 6 officers adjusting fires in a range about 200 meters wide by <2000 meters deep per officer for 6 lanes.

The purpose is to learn to adjust close in fires on the battlefield and to get experience on making smaller adjustments then Artillery fire support officers would do.

On command we fire and adjust to hit various targest from tanks to some hills with old car on top. After 3-4 rds are fired per officer in his lane a cease fire is called and each is reviewed. The rest are in the bleachers, each man assigned a lane and he watches and learns from the officer who was up and awaits his turn to adjust fires.

At about 2130 hrs in a time of review (cease fire) and note there is continious illumination of the range by the Artillery group not with us. Suddendly some screams CEASE FIRES there is an OBJECT on the range in lane 3-4.

OMG WTF!!!!!!!! is being echo'd thru the entire bleachers and by the graders.

At about 1800 meters from our bleachers is a UFO that has landed, it is circular 'flying saucer' and remains there appearing to hover just off the gound (?). It stays for approx 15 min, then goes straight up and out and is gone.

Next morning in class there are people in suits and Sr Officers, we are told we will never speak of this in any context, we are under direct orders to say nothing even to each other or family members. ALL the Ranges on the major training post are closed, Range road is closed and there are a lot of people coming on post in govt vehicles that have access. The roads are closed and guarded by military MP's and no one passes except the govt cars. THe entire side of the post is closed down to the housing area and even the road to the PX/Commissary is closed so we had to drive off post and come back in another gate to get there.

Each of us had to sign a non-disclosure and and after signed each was asked "what did you see last night"? NOTHING SIR!

Were there any nuclear weapons stationed there?

Rockntractor
04-18-2018, 04:37 PM
My encounter turned out to be my sister in law, emotional scars are still healing.

Ole Cowboy
04-18-2018, 08:10 PM
Were there any nuclear weapons stationed there?
Not that I know of if there were it would be highly classified as you would not expect them to be on a Post of that nature (Training)