PDA

View Full Version : RIP Bruno Sammartino

NJCardFan
04-19-2018, 04:54 AM
Wrestling's living legend is alive no more. The greatest pro wrestling champion of all time passed away at the age of 82. Bruno held the WWWF title for a combined 11 years and only gave it up to take a break from wrestling. He always did what was best for the business and not his ego like most wrestlers today. Hell, he dropped the title to Ivan Koloff at Madison Square Garden and it nearly caused a riot. RIP Bruno, you will be missed. http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/23230798/wwe-hall-famer-bruno-sammartino-dies-age-82

cadillac shark
04-19-2018, 06:59 AM
R.I.P.

He was one of a handful of guys who were too big for television. Gate-receipts for live events would 'drop' if Sammartino, Andre The Giant, Gorilla Monsoon, The Sheik, Haystack Calhoun, et al, were regulars on local broadcasts. -Before the days of cable, satellite, and pay-per-view.

Bruno would be on TV a few times, but you had to actually go to Madison Square Garden to see him in the events that mattered. He practically owned the place.

SarasotaRepub
04-19-2018, 10:54 AM
RIP indeed. Truth be told, I thought he
was already dead!!!

Retread
04-19-2018, 11:00 AM
Apparently lived life fully right up to the end.

http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/content/wabc/images/cms/3361445_1280x720.jpg

RIP

NJCardFan
04-19-2018, 11:28 AM
I'm glad that he and Vince made peace so he could be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. As bogus a Hall of Fame as that is, it would be completely illegitimate without Bruno who was the face of the WWWF during it's early years. He held the title for 8 years during his first run. Still a record. I have WWE Network and there is a wonderful interview he did with John Layfield(Bradshaw) and listening to his story, especially when it came to WWII, the fact he lived long enough to make it to America was a miracle. Good, good man. Unfortunately for him, his sons were unable to follow in his footsteps. Neither were very good workers.

SarasotaRepub
04-19-2018, 12:52 PM
I remember watching him many times. I didn't
mean any disrespect, I really thought he had
passed already!!!