PDA

View Full Version : Eight Mile Crime Spree

Banacek
04-23-2018, 03:18 PM
It started Saturday morning with a pair of attempted carjackings by the gunmen, who were behind the wheel of a stolen silver or gray Chrysler van on the Near North Side, police said.

In the first, the victim did not make out a police report and nothing was taken, but about 9:30 a.m., the two robbers pulled up to another person in the 1400 block of North Dayton Avenue, according to police. They tried to carjack the victim but only grabbed cash before driving away in the van.

Soon afterwards

The suspects then drove 3 miles north to the Lakeview neighborhood, where they stole a Volkswagen at gunpoint in the 1300 block of West Waveland Avenue and left the van

Soon afterwards

A short time later, a tow truck driver flagged down a patrol officer after spotting the stolen Volkswagen, and police gave chase. The pursuit continued about 2 miles south to Fullerton Avenue and Halsted Street in Lincoln Park, where the Volkswagen hit and seriously injured a 23-year-old pedestrian, police said. Chicago police ended the chase, and the victim, a man who suffered a broken arm, a broken shoulder and a concussion, was taken to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, where his condition had stabilized.

No arrests have been made, and police did not immediately have a description of the robbers.

http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/2018/04/eight-mile-crime-spree.html

SarasotaRepub
04-23-2018, 05:33 PM
Were they at least human??? :rolleyes:

Retread
04-23-2018, 10:26 PM
Were they at least human??? :rolleyes:

just the wild Amish kids

Rockntractor
04-23-2018, 10:31 PM
just the wild Amish kids
It was a white van driven by an AR15 with a 30 round magazine and a bump stock

noonwitch
04-24-2018, 09:04 AM
By the title, I thought there was another string of robberies along 8 Mile RD. I live nearby, and crime sprees on the city//county line are common.

I occasionally get a case in the trailer park they used for the 8 Mile movie.