PDA

View Full Version : Does Ashton Kutcher drive anyone else nuts?

djones520
12-14-2008, 12:51 AM
My best friend once aptly titled Ashton Kutcher as the biggest waste of sperm ever. Normally it's easy enough for me to forget he exists, but the new Nikon commercials are kinda hard to avoid if I want to watch any TV.

The guy just really pisses me off, and I'd say the level of distaste I feel for him is probably pretty irrational, but I was curious if anyone else felt like that.

RobJohnson
12-14-2008, 01:08 AM
He's ok and can be pretty funny.

RobJohnson
12-14-2008, 02:42 AM
Looks like TBS is showing a couple of his movies tonight.

Speedy
12-14-2008, 02:52 AM
He showed some good acting chops in The Butterfly Effect and especially in The Guardian. The Guardian is a great movie about Coast Guard rescue swimmers. I highly recommend this one. This movie got a bad rap because Kevin Costner is in it. I really do not know why everyone feels that they have to trash a Costner movie solely because he is in it. The guy made one disasterous movie and no one bothers to give him a chance on the others. My favorite movies of his since the Waterworld disaster are For Love of the Game a fantastic baseball movie about a pitcher reflecting on his life as he pitches the last game of his career. The Postman a great patriotic and "proud to be an American" movie. Open Range a top 10 western maybe even a top 5 one in some lists. And the already mentioned The Guardian.

djones520
12-14-2008, 03:06 AM
I'm a fan of Costner flicks, and I agree that a lot of people seem to have a weird distaste for him (funny me saying that in a thread where I'm going off about how much I hate Ashton Kutcher).

The Butterfly Effect and The Guardian where decent movies, and I'll give credit where credit is due for those. He did alright, but he had to play outside the "norm" of his usual roles to make those movies work. Even in these new commercials of his he comes across as an arrogant snob, and I can't help but think he doesn't need to "act" to do it.

Speedy
12-14-2008, 03:10 AM
I'm a fan of Costner flicks, and I agree that a lot of people seem to have a weird distaste for him (funny me saying that in a thread where I'm going off about how much I hate Ashton Kutcher).

The Butterfly Effect and The Guardian where decent movies, and I'll give credit where credit is due for those. He did alright, but he had to play outside the "norm" of his usual roles to make those movies work. Even in these new commercials of his he comes across as an arrogant snob, and I can't help but think he doesn't need to "act" to do it.

The commercial are kind of stupid and annoying. I don't like them. He acts like he is in Punked! mode.

RobJohnson
12-14-2008, 03:21 AM
He showed some good acting chops in The Butterfly Effect and especially in The Guardian. The Guardian is a great movie about Coast Guard rescue swimmers.

I forgot that he was in the Guardian. That was a great movie.

RobJohnson
12-14-2008, 03:22 AM
The commercial are kind of stupid and annoying. I don't like them. He acts like he is in Punked! mode.

Yeah, he can be a little hyper. :)

I enjoy watching punked once in a while, but he can be very annoying with the narration.

linda22003
12-14-2008, 07:42 AM
The guy just really pisses me off, and I'd say the level of distaste I feel for him is probably pretty irrational, but I was curious if anyone else felt like that.

I save all of my irrational hatred for Andie McDowell.

biccat
12-14-2008, 09:00 AM
Yes, I feel the same way, and probably have the same level of irrational hatred for him. I don't know why, I liked him in That 70's Show, but he just seems like a big douche (although not bigger than John Edwards).

BadCat
12-14-2008, 10:20 AM
He annoys me, but he's banging Demi Moore and we're not...so that's something.

SaintLouieWoman
12-14-2008, 11:11 AM
He also annoys me. I can't explain it, but that ad he's in particularly irritates me. I've never watched "Punked" as have never had an interest in it.

Others annoy me more, for example, Michael Moore and then there's always Susan Estrich's voice.

CueSi
12-14-2008, 11:33 AM
He annoys me, but he's banging Demi Moore and we're not...so that's something.

I think that's why my dad somewhat puts up with him. . .and he loved That 70's Show.

Personally, I thought Topher Grace was the better actor.

~QC

RobJohnson
12-14-2008, 02:52 PM
He also annoys me. I can't explain it, but that ad he's in particularly irritates me. I've never watched "Punked" as have never had an interest in it.

Others annoy me more, for example, Michael Moore and then there's always Susan Estrich's voice.

You should watch punked sometime.

I am sure you might find the practical jokes (prank) good for a laugh. It's funny to see the stars freak out and often times their true colors come out. :)