PDA

View Full Version : Clint's New Movie "Gran Torino."

Speedy
12-14-2008, 01:53 AM
Just saw this movie online. Not even out in theaters yet. It is an Oscar worthy movie. Of course it won't have a chance against Milk about the courage of a gay sausage smoker. But anyway, Gran Torino is about a a very racist decorated Korean Vet who befriends a teenaged Hmong boy who tried to steal his prized Gran Torino and his sister in a gang infested Detroit neighborhood. It was great to see Clint one last time in ass kicking mode.

Clint was his usual "don't fuck with me" self. The two young asian actors were brilliant. Especially the young woman who played the sister. There was some real friendship type chemistry between Eastwood and her. The car was beautifuly cool.

FlaGator
12-14-2008, 07:43 AM
Just saw this movie online. Not even out in theaters yet. It is an Oscar worthy movie. Of course it won't have a chance against Milk about the courage of a gay sausage smoker. But anyway, Gran Torino is about a a very racist decorated Korean Vet who befriends a teenaged Hmong boy who tried to steal his prized Gran Torino and his sister in a gang infested Detroit neighborhood. It was great to see Clint one last time in ass kicking mode.

Clint was his usual "don't fuck with me" self. The two young asian actors were brilliant. Especially the young woman who played the sister. There was some real friendship type chemistry between Eastwood and her. The car was beautifuly cool.

When was it release? I haven't heard of it and I usually keep up with Clint Eastwood's movies.

Speedy
12-14-2008, 08:31 AM
When was it release? I haven't heard of it and I usually keep up with Clint Eastwood's movies.

I think it hits theaters next friday. I saw it online at www.justin.tv

Bubba Dawg
12-14-2008, 12:44 PM
Sounds like an interesting movie. I haven't heard of it.

Gran Torino. Always wanted one. Remember Starsky and Hutch?

http://images.mustangandfords.com/featuredvehicles/p129492_large+1976_Ford_Gran_Torino_Limited+Front_ End_View.jpg

Speedy
12-14-2008, 01:01 PM
Sounds like an interesting movie. I haven't heard of it.

Gran Torino. Always wanted one. Remember Starsky and Hutch?

http://images.mustangandfords.com/featuredvehicles/p129492_large+1976_Ford_Gran_Torino_Limited+Front_ End_View.jpg

A friend of mine had a '73 Gran Torino Fastback. This was back in 1977. Another one of my buds had a '73 Mustang Fastback, another friend had a '68 Charger (he got killed in that car when he crashed it) and I had a '71 SS Chevelle. None of us had any idea how classic those cars would be later on.

Bubba Dawg
12-14-2008, 01:05 PM
A friend of mine had a '73 Gran Torino Fastback. This was back in 1977. Another one of my buds had a '73 Mustang Fastback, another friend had a '68 Charger (he got killed in that car when he crashed it) and I had a '71 SS Chevelle. None of us had any idea how classic those cars would be later on.

I had a 72 Chevy (Chevelle) Malibu. Great car. Wrecked it. Hit a guy in about a 66 era Chevy Chevelle. He ran a stop sign. Totalled two classics.

Speedy
12-14-2008, 01:12 PM
I had a 72 Chevy (Chevelle) Malibu. Great car. Wrecked it. Hit a guy in about a 66 era Chevy Chevelle. He ran a stop sign. Totalled two classics.

Man! Excuse me. I am going to *sniff* need a moment *sob* after hearing of such a tragedy.

Bubba Dawg
12-14-2008, 01:17 PM
Man! Excuse me. I am going to *sniff* need a moment *sob* after hearing of such a tragedy.

LOL. Yeah. Me too. At the time of the wreck (about 1980) I had no clue what a classic I had lost. It was a sweet car.