PDA

View Full Version : Is this Google Chrome "monkey business"?

old dog
05-02-2018, 12:09 PM
I try never to use Google Chrome but I live in an AM radio wasteland and iHeart doesn't work well with my current version of Firefox. Anyway, I frequently look at gellerreport.com to keep up with the latest nefarious activities of "the religion of peace". This morning I get a warning screen that the sight is insecure and may steal my stuff. I just bypassed it.

Anyone else get this message?

SVPete
05-02-2018, 01:06 PM
Just tried it and didn't get that warning.

old dog
05-02-2018, 03:07 PM
Thanks, it must be some quirk with my OS and browser.

Rockntractor
05-02-2018, 04:34 PM
Thanks, it must be some quirk with my OS and browser.
Probably not a quirk, I have gotten it before and also got a warning on the google search page that I have noticed is no longer there. It could be a warning generated by your ISP. They or somebody was doing it on Alex Jones too.
I think they were doing it and then backed off.

Dlr Pyro
05-02-2018, 04:52 PM
I've switched to Brave browser to get away from Google. It is secure by default so you have to enable items such as full screen, allow notifications, allow site to see your location per each site you visit, but it gives you more privacy than google.

A browser with your interests at heart.
Browse faster by blocking ads and trackers that violate your privacy and cost you time and money. https://brave.com/

FlaGator
05-02-2018, 07:25 PM
Probably not a quirk, I have gotten it before and also got a warning on the google search page that I have noticed is no longer there. It could be a warning generated by your ISP. They or somebody was doing it on Alex Jones too.
I think they were doing it and then backed off.

That is one of the reasons I often use a VPN when on the internet. It keeps my ISP from seeing what I'm doing.

Boudreaux
05-03-2018, 04:22 AM
Those using Chrome, Chromium, Fire Fox and Opera can setup a VPN for free, regardless of your OS.

Rockntractor
05-03-2018, 11:34 AM
That is one of the reasons I often use a VPN when on the internet. It keeps my ISP from seeing what I'm doing.
I had to do that for several months, my ISP was blocking me from CU.