PDA

View Full Version : Stopping NFL Anthem Protests Is ‘Un-American’

Banacek
05-22-2018, 05:43 PM
A sports columnist for USA Today is pleading with the National Football League to resist any attempt to make a new rule forcing players to stand during the national anthem.

With his May 21 editorial, USA Today columnist Jarrett Bell insisted that “now is not the time for an iron-clad policy forcing players to stand for the anthem.” He even said it would be un-American to force players to show respect for the flag, our first responders, soldiers, and our nation.

Bell also excoriated the league for not signing protesters Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid, saying that it is clear they have been “blackballed.”

“Forcing players to stand for the national anthem would be a huge mistake,” Bell says at the outset of his column

The only "hollow" in this article is the head of the writer.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2018/05/22/usa-today-columnist-stopping-nfl-anthem-protests-is-un-american/

Angry Old White Man
05-22-2018, 06:32 PM
Fine, keep it up ass holes and next year there won't be any negro football league, you are doing a fine job destroying your own jobs. :livid: I don't watch it any longer and don't plan on watching it again.

Boudreaux
05-23-2018, 06:34 AM
No matter what they do, I will never watch the NFL again. They are dead to me. Making a rule that they have to stand fixes nothing, we all know what they have in their heart, and it's hatred. As far as I'm concerned they can leave with the rest of the illegals.

cadillac shark
05-23-2018, 11:11 AM
It's in my blood, watching it.

I think of it as honoring my ancestors... and all their newspapers thrown at televisions, coffee-cups punched off armchairs, new swear-words invented after bad calls, etc.

But I'm against making kneeling a 15-yard penalty. That's pointless, considering just about every kickoff results in a touchback as it is.

I'd strip the offending team of all its replay-challenges.

Banacek
05-23-2018, 01:02 PM
The team that kneels should automatically lose the game. If both teams kneel the game goes down as a tie.

However there is no need to worry. If the penalty is for kneeling then another way to protest will sprout up. A fist in the air is one possibility.

I think an IQ test should be administered to ten randomly chosen players on each team before each game. The team with the highest score wins.

I suspect many 0 to 0 ties will occur.

ralph wiggum
05-23-2018, 03:09 PM
Was listening to the RedEye Radio podcast from overnight this morning. In regards to the NFL proposal, a caller suggested a better idea, IMHO. Create a penalty box, ala Hockey, for the offender to sit in.

SVPete
05-23-2018, 03:26 PM
Too little, 2 years too late. Losing Instant Replay challenges would be more meaningful.