PDA

View Full Version : Alabama Sports Columnist Says It’s Time to ‘Drop the Anthem’ at Sporting Events

Banacek
06-01-2018, 02:56 PM
Roy S. Johnson, the sports news director for the Alabama Media Group, is calling for an end to the playing of the national anthem at sporting events, “for the sanity of sports fans everywhere.”
In a May 30 editorial, Johnson advised the NFL to drop the anthem altogether “so we can become fans again.”

His editorial, though filled with dozens of specious proclamations and spurious assertions, ended with the claim that the NFL does not value black fans and suggested a way to end all the turmoil. “Stop playing it before sports events altogether,” he wrote

Johnson noted that the anthem did not become a permanent fixture to the beginning of sports games until more recently. Like many other recent liberal columnists, Johnson claimed that the only reason we now see the anthem is that many sports leagues have gotten money from the U.S. military. But whatever the reason, Johnson says to dump the whole thing

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2018/06/01/liberal-sports-columnist-says-time-stop-anthem-sporting-events/

Angry Old White Man
06-01-2018, 03:00 PM
Alabama Sports Communist needs a foot broke off in his ass, when I call these ass wipes communist they just prove what I said. If that low life knuckle dragger has no respect for the Anthem he can kiss my ass and every last veteran who served fought and died for the Nation. He is lower than a crawling slug, he is the enemy of America let there be no doubt.

Dlr Pyro
06-01-2018, 03:38 PM
It would make more sense to drop roy s. johnson instead.

noonwitch
06-01-2018, 03:44 PM
I like having the National Anthem sung before sports events. I like it when local celebrities perform it-in Detroit, you never know who might get called. Aretha, Seger, any number of Motown singers, and so on.

Rockntractor
06-01-2018, 06:43 PM
I like having the National Anthem sung before sports events. I like it when local celebrities perform it-in Detroit, you never know who might get called. Aretha, Seger, any number of Motown singers, and so on.
No doubt a bad choice, it was the wrong hill to die on. So many other ways to voice your opinion.

SVPete
06-01-2018, 07:20 PM
Has the guy been tarred, feathered, and ridden out of the state on a splintery rail yet?

cadillac shark
06-01-2018, 10:31 PM
Fans begin singing it themselves, without accompaniment. We hear about it all the time. Usually happens when power goes out. The most famous spontaneous Anthem-singing is every year on the 16th-hole at TPC-Scottsdale for the Phoenix Open. -Roughly 30,000 people, all four days.

That pig-shit black racist, Johnson... too stupid to realize that Canadian-teams are represented in American sports-leagues. Does he want to ban 'O Canada' too? That goober thinks all Canadians are white, I guess.