PDA

View Full Version : Is It Cold Out There Or What?

Gingersnap
12-15-2008, 07:52 PM
I seriously thought my backyard temp thingy blew widget this morning. It read -20 F. Turns out, it was true. Oddly enough, the cold must have done something with ionosphere. I picked up an AM radio station out of North Texas this morning. I knew something was wrong when they talked about it being a "bone-chilling" 36 F. :p

So, it is cold where you are? I have to go to a funeral tomorrow but I'm packing up my skirt, hose, and funeral shoes to change into just before I head out from work. It's too cold for girly clothes!

JB
12-15-2008, 07:58 PM
I hear the Dakotas and that area and New England are having problems.

Just got off the phone with a friend from Phoenix. It is warmer in the Philly area then it is there. No complaints.

ralph wiggum
12-15-2008, 08:03 PM

Just got off the phone with a friend from Phoenix. It is warmer in the Philly area then it is there. No complaints.

Unfortunately, I think the cold is heading your way. It dropped about 50 degrees in 10 hours.

Gingersnap
12-15-2008, 08:05 PM

We aren't really having problems, it's just colder than usual for this time of year. However, it looks very Hallmark outside.

JB
12-15-2008, 08:08 PM
Unfortunately, I think the cold is heading your way. It dropped about 50 degrees in 10 hours.I hate you Wiggum.

expat-pattaya
12-15-2008, 08:54 PM
A frigid 44 here right now. Brrrr. I hate cold.

Oh, thats Phoenix :D

Seriously, after the holidays I'm heading for my condo in Thailand. Last I checked it is 70-85 every day. Now THAT I can take ;)

Celtic Rose
12-15-2008, 08:59 PM
41 degrees and rainy here in San Jose. That is pretty chilly in my book :o

SarasotaRepub
12-15-2008, 09:02 PM
It's 17 here right now. :mad:

Gingersnap
12-15-2008, 09:17 PM
You people are such whiners. What will you do when the Zombie Apocalypse knocks out your feeble space heaters? :p

asdf2231
12-15-2008, 09:34 PM
You people are such whiners. What will you do when the Zombie Apocalypse knocks out your feeble space heaters? :p

Pluck another anti gun liberal out of the captive holding pen and pitch them in the furnace. :D

18 below with the wind chill here today BTW.

(On Edit)

Speaking of which I just bought a copy of the british Zombie flick "Zombie Diaries" tonight. Will post review after viewing.

Bongo55
12-15-2008, 09:35 PM
:)Gee, its pretty nice here, windows open, wearing shorts. And I haven't had to move a single shovel full sunshine off my driveway. :):):)

biccat
12-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Hasn't dropped below zero yet, but we're pushing it. The temperature outside was two degrees most of the day, expected to hit zero overnight.

ralph wiggum
12-15-2008, 09:41 PM
:)Gee, its pretty nice here, windows open, wearing shorts. And I haven't had to move a single shovel full sunshine off my driveway. :)

BAN HIM!!! :mad:

:D

megimoo
12-15-2008, 09:58 PM
You people are such whiners. What will you do when the Zombie Apocalypse knocks out your feeble space heaters? :pYou'll all be sorry when global warming gets there !

RobJohnson
12-15-2008, 10:13 PM
36 most of the day with rain and a touch a snow.

Parts of Las Vegas had 5 inches of snow, highways were closed, and snow boards headed to Mt Charleston to enjoy the 15 inches of fresh snow.

Alot of children were able to make a snowman for the first time!

http://www.lvrj.com/news/36175174.html

http://lvrj.mycapture.com/PHOTOS/VGAS/1UserPhotos/434075T.jpg

Gingersnap
12-15-2008, 10:21 PM
You'll all be sorry when global warming gets there !

Moo, when Global Warming gets here, I'll be selling beach front condos and I'll be happy about it. :D

PoliCon
12-15-2008, 10:37 PM
I seriously thought my backyard temp thingy blew widget this morning. It read -20 F. Turns out, it was true. Oddly enough, the cold must have done something with ionosphere. I picked up an AM radio station out of North Texas this morning. I knew something was wrong when they talked about it being a "bone-chilling" 36 F. :p

So, it is cold where you are? I have to go to a funeral tomorrow but I'm packing up my skirt, hose, and funeral shoes to change into just before I head out from work. It's too cold for girly clothes!It was in the 50s all day here . . . . :p

PoliCon
12-15-2008, 10:38 PM
Moo, when Global Warming gets here, I'll be selling beach front condos and I'll be happy about it. :Dand I have a bridge in New York City you can buy while you are at it. :rolleyes:

NO KNOW . . . the world would be a much better place if AL's bouncy were true and the sea levels rose by a couple of feet. Well at least America would be a better place. Most of the lefties consentrate themselves in areas that will supposedly be flooded. IMAGINE . . . .

OF COURSE the flood would have to come suddenly and be a surprise so that we can make sure that none of the lefties escape . . . .

SarasotaRepub
12-15-2008, 10:43 PM
BAN HIM!!! :mad:

:D

Sounds like me when I was down in Sarasota. :D

lurkalot
12-15-2008, 10:50 PM
Sorry, couldn't reply sooner, was skinning the rabbit for his fur, then had to knock the ice off the keyboard. :(