PDA

View Full Version : Presidential Citizen's Medal for Lt. Dan

Speedy
12-16-2008, 12:49 AM
BREITBART: Sinise: A man for all services

Andrew Breitbart
Monday, December 15, 2008

Since war became a geographically distant but very real way of life after Sept. 11, 2001, no Hollywood star has stepped up to support active duty U.S. military personnel and wounded veterans like Gary Sinise. There is no close second. And quietly, as is in his nature, he is becoming something akin to this generation“s Bob Hope.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2008/12/images/20081210-3_5e5u0032-515h.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/speed_addiction/Fun/userbar.gif (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/dec/15/sinise-a-man-for-all-services/)

Gary Sinise, a good man. What more needs to be said? He won our hearts over with his portrayal of a young but caring army officer who lamented surviving a battle in which most of his men died. A role that took the character to the very depths of despair only to redeem himself. The character had heart and a soul. We later learned that in real life, the actor that played Lt. Dan had even more heart and soul.

Well done, Sir! Well done!

Odysseus
12-16-2008, 10:24 AM
[b]BREITBART: Sinise: A man for all services

Gary Sinise, a good man. What more needs to be said? He won our hearts over with his portrayal of a young but caring army officer who lamented surviving a battle in which most of his men died. A role that took the character to the very depths of despair only to redeem himself. The character had heart and a soul. We later learned that in real life, the actor that played Lt. Dan had even more heart and soul.

Well done, Sir! Well done!

Gary Sinise is one of the few good people left in Hollywood. Sadly, when I googled this story, the NY Times and Washington Post did not come up. What does it say about our media when they can't even bring themselves to mention this?

marinejcksn
12-16-2008, 10:31 AM
The Great One saluted Gary Sinise yesterday on his show. Lt. Dan is a hell of a guy, I met him a few months ago when he visited us here in Iraq.

linda22003
12-16-2008, 12:44 PM
Gary Sinise is one of the few good people left in Hollywood. Sadly, when I googled this story, the NY Times and Washington Post did not come up. What does it say about our media when they can't even bring themselves to mention this?

I can't answer for the Post or the Times, but there certainly was "mainstream" media coverage. I found stories in the Associated Press, CNN, St. Paul Pioneer Press, Seattle Times, Philadelphia Inquirer, Memphis Commercial Appeal, Chicago Tribune, Grand Rapids Press, Houston Chronicle, and the Weekly Standard, among others.
Nexis is a little more powerful than Google. ;)

CueSi
12-17-2008, 02:52 AM
I can't answer for the Post or the Times, but there certainly was "mainstream" media coverage. I found stories in the Associated Press, CNN, St. Paul Pioneer Press, Seattle Times, Philadelphia Inquirer, Memphis Commercial Appeal, Chicago Tribune, Grand Rapids Press, Houston Chronicle, and the Weekly Standard, among others.
Nexis is a little more powerful than Google. ;)

Well, considering Mr. Sinise is a Oscar Nominated-Emmy/Golden Globe winning actor, and is a currently working actor (Actually has top billing/Producer Credits) for a major show on a CBS he should have made at least ONE of the big two papers (especially since he works on a Show that highlights, erm, NEW YORK) with something of this nature.

Chicago Tribune probably picked it up he is a native son of Illinois (Blue Island), and no one noticed his closet conservatism till now. But why NYT wouldn't pick it up does make one wonder. WaPo gets a pass... this time.

But that's just me.

~QC

Spātha
12-17-2008, 11:10 PM
Nice going George!
Gongrats to Gary!
:D