PDA

View Full Version : Snowy Tuesday

SarasotaRepub
12-16-2008, 07:32 AM
It's a refreshing 17 degrees out there this morning and we have light snow.
Looks like near a half inch so far, nothing much...yet. :D

TOTD: How carried away do you get with Christmas gifts for your animals?

We picked up a few toys for the hounds this year but nothing like last. Not that they will notice (I think)...:eek:

djones520
12-16-2008, 08:05 AM
Didn't buy a single one. She lost her rights to Christmas presents when she ate $135 worth of linoleum in our kitchen.

biccat
12-16-2008, 08:18 AM
I don't know how cold it is, but it's better than yesterday when just walking outside made your body hurt. At least my drivers side door thawed overnight, so now I don't have to crawl in from the passenger side.

But we're expected to get around 4" of snow tonight, which means I'll have to break out the shovels when I get home.

TOTD: The cat has a box of toys, and doesn't play with any of them. Her favorite toy is a homemade elastic ball that she runs around the house chasing. There's really no point in getting her anything new, she'll just ignore it and go for old reliable.

Gingersnap
12-16-2008, 10:05 AM
Woo hoo! It's 2 degrees above 0 F! It might get all the way up to 18 F today. I should have packed a bikini. We're going to get more snow but that's how it will be all week long.

TOTD: We don't get carried anywhere in terms of pet presents. They get chewies and training treats all year long and they do not wear "outfits". Their toys get replaced as needed. I grow catnip and so the cat has a stash for most of the year.

They all do get a pretty fantastic breakfast on Christmas Day made up of the leftovers from Christmas Eve. :D

Rebel Yell
12-16-2008, 11:09 AM
It's sunny and 80 degrees here.

We're cutting back on the doggie gifts this year since the Dachshund destroys them in about ten minutes. We actually took them to PetsMart one year Christmas shopping, but the Dachshund pissed and shit in the middle of the aisle. Then my Jack Russell started raising hell at a German Shephard on the way out. Our children are too out of control to go to PetsMart anymore.

RobJohnson
12-16-2008, 03:45 PM
No snow on the ground, and it's in the high 40's.

TOTD: I bought a couple new leather collars, but they were not for the dog. :D

Bubba Dawg
12-16-2008, 07:42 PM
Our cats (3) and dogs (4) get spoiled rotten year round here at the Alamo. I can't actually think of anything to get them that they don't already get. :D

asdf2231
12-16-2008, 08:01 PM
TOTD

I asked my wife if we could get a 42" Plasma for the cats to watch their Kitty Fun Time dvd's on.

Won't someone here think of the kitties?

SarasotaRepub
12-16-2008, 09:03 PM
TOTD

I asked my wife if we could get a 42" Plasma for the cats to watch their Kitty Fun Time dvd's on.

I bet that went over well....:D

lacarnut
12-16-2008, 09:22 PM
TOTD

The kitties have been so good I think they deserve a new TV.:)

SaintLouieWoman
12-16-2008, 09:48 PM
Poor puppers. It will be a lean Christmas. They each got a tennis ball, but a special doggie one with a squeaker. Blue will probably take them out; he has an obsession for tennis balls. They also got a soft frog squeaky toy, the size of a large frog. The pooches are good. They share well. :D

There's no need to get them a lot of toys. Blue has dragged all their toys to a small bedroom. I can't vacuum or clean in there. The floor is covered with toys. Between the 3 dog beds and all the toys, you can barely see the new carpet. :eek:

Gingersnap
12-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Poor puppers. It will be a lean Christmas. They each got a tennis ball, but a special doggie one with a squeaker. Blue will probably take them out; he has an obsession for tennis balls. They also got a soft frog squeaky toy, the size of a large frog. The pooches are good. They share well. :D

There's no need to get them a lot of toys. Blue has dragged all their toys to a small bedroom. I can't vacuum or clean in there. The floor is covered with toys. Between the 3 dog beds and all the toys, you can barely see the new carpet. :eek:

Can't you just pick them up? I hesitate to think of a pack of slavering Greyhounds cornering you in the closet. Would they seek revenge if you vacuumed? :D

SaintLouieWoman
12-16-2008, 11:01 PM
Can't you just pick them up? I hesitate to think of a pack of slavering Greyhounds cornering you in the closet. Would they seek revenge if you vacuumed? :D

Of course I could pick them up, but that would spoil their fun. Blue has trained the girls that toys are not allowed in any other room of the house. If they drop them elsewhere, he picks them up and takes them back to "their room". It was our computer room, but SR has his computer on the little built-in desk thingy in the kitchen. We never use it anymore, so figured the dogs have free rein there. It's their little den.

The greyhounds are afraid of the vacuum cleaner. They'd clear out quickly if I brought it in there often. :D

asdf2231
12-16-2008, 11:09 PM
SNOW WILL CONTINUE TO FALL ACROSS SOUTHERN WISCONSIN THROUGH THIS EVENING. MODERATE DRY...POWDERY SNOW IS EXPECTED TO ACCUMULATE BETWEEN 2 AND 5 INCHES BY MIDNIGHT TONIGHT.

THEN...A MUCH MORE POWERFUL WINTER SYSTEM WILL DEVELOP OVER SOUTHEAST COLORADO THURSDAY MORNING AND TRACK ACROSS NORTHERN MISSOURI...CENTRAL ILLINOIS...AND NORTHERN INDIANA THURSDAY NIGHT. WIDESPREAD SNOW WILL DEVELOP LATE THURSDAY AFTERNOON AND BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES BY THURSDAY EVENING AND OVERNIGHT. THE SNOW WILL TAPER OFF FRIDAY MORNING.

SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 TO 12 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE...WITH THE HEAVIEST AMOUNTS ALONG A LINE FROM LONE ROCK TO MILWAUKEE. ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE... WHICH MAY ENHANCE THE SNOWFALL TOTALS IN LOCALIZED AREAS. LOCATIONS NEAR THE ILLINOIS BORDER MAY EXPERIENCE A PERIOD OF SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN MIXING WITH THE SNOW THURSDAY EVENING...WHICH WOULD CUT DOWN ON SNOWFALL TOTALS SOMEWHAT.

I could just poop I'm so happy. :(

Gingersnap
12-16-2008, 11:17 PM
I could just poop I'm so happy. :(

Hey! You need cross-country skiing advice or anything to do with snowshoes - you call me. I can totally get you started. :D

I don't really care for downhill much and I'm a blue boarder only but I'll do all I can. :D

Gingersnap
12-16-2008, 11:23 PM
Of course I could pick them up, but that would spoil their fun. Blue has trained the girls that toys are not allowed in any other room of the house. If they drop them elsewhere, he picks them up and takes them back to "their room". It was our computer room, but SR has his computer on the little built-in desk thingy in the kitchen. We never use it anymore, so figured the dogs have free rein there. It's their little den.

The greyhounds are afraid of the vacuum cleaner. They'd clear out quickly if I brought it in there often. :D

The Shelties don't care for toys (aside from tennis balls) and the Collie eats toys (my vet loves it). If it isn't human-interactive, they aren't interested. They do enjoy Kongs with peanut butter and meat or Cheerios. A soft toy would be destroyed inside of 5 minutes. I mean that literally.

My dogs aren't fans of the vacuum but they aren't afraid of it. They just relocate to the couch or bed when it comes around.