PDA

View Full Version : 'When has it ever become legal to shoot someone because they’re stealing your car

Banacek
06-19-2018, 04:39 PM
anique Walker knows the cost of a split second.

Her younger brother, 17-year-old Charles Macklin, was killed while trying to steal a Jeep from a Chicago fire lieutenant on the West Side last August. The lieutenant had left the Jeep running, and Macklin jumped behind the wheel.

The lieutenant ran in front of the Jeep and shouted, “Get out,” according to a police report. When Macklin began pulling away, the lieutenant drew his gun and fired through the open driver’s side window, hitting the teen in the chest.

Macklin’s last words were, “Sorry, bro,” according to the police report. The teen died on the pavement. He did not have a gun on him.

The lieutenant had a concealed carry license. He was not charged and he was not disciplined by the department, according to spokesman Larry Langford.

“That was investigated by us, and we found no violation of any rules,” Langford said. “The police didn’t arrest, the state’s attorney found no reason to charge. There was no wrongdoing as far as the Fire Department is concerned.

Further down from his sister

When has it ever become legal to shoot someone because they’re pulling off in your car?” she asked. “Even if (Macklin) did that, if he did steal the car. You’ve got insurance let him go to jail. I would’ve rather had to get a call to go bail him out of jail than to get a phone call that he’s dead.

Insurance claim relief shot

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-concealed-carry-shooting-victim-20180523-story.html

SVPete
06-19-2018, 06:10 PM
Somehow in 60+ years of life I've managed to refrain from attempting to steal a car. I wonder why this 17YO found it difficult. Anyway, as is commonly said, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Dlr Pyro
06-19-2018, 07:01 PM
One thing for certain, he will never steal another car, so there's that....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

FlaGator
06-19-2018, 08:08 PM
You decide to steal something that someone values you take your life into your own hands. Perhaps if the kid had picked up a bible and read the do not steal part he might have understood things a little better. As my Priest use to tell me, "That's one of the top 10. It's important."

noonwitch
06-20-2018, 09:32 AM
I don't have a gun, so I wouldn't shoot someone who was stealing my car. I wouldn't really have a problem with the cops shooting him, though, unless there was some other reason to question the shooting. And like in this story, most firefighters get CCW permits, so this guy was within his rights to shoot the thief.

Rockntractor
06-20-2018, 04:00 PM
I don't have a gun, so I wouldn't shoot someone who was stealing my car. I wouldn't really have a problem with the cops shooting him, though, unless there was some other reason to question the shooting. And like in this story, most firefighters get CCW permits, so this guy was within his rights to shoot the thief.
You need a decent shotgun, a 20 ga double barrel stagecoach special would do nicely.

noonwitch
06-21-2018, 09:15 AM
You need a decent shotgun, a 20 ga double barrel stagecoach special would do nicely.

We used single-barrel .22's at the women's retreat for trap shooting-I sucked at it, though, didn't hit a single of those plastic discs.

Tominator
06-22-2018, 10:32 AM
Further down from his sister

Insurance claim relief shot

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-concealed-carry-shooting-victim-20180523-story.html

One less scum bag!!