PDA

View Full Version : How IG Horowitz Turned Up Strzok’s ‘We’ll Stop It’ Text

SVPete
06-19-2018, 05:58 PM
How IG Horowitz Turned Up Strzok’s ‘We’ll Stop It’ Text (https://hotair.com/archives/2018/06/19/ig-horowitz-turned-strzoks-well-stop-text/)

One of the many questions that has cropped up in the wake of Inspector General Michael Horowitz’ report on the FBI is how the most damning text message in the report was only discovered last month after an exhaustive search. IG Horowitz explained the process in detail to Sen. Mike Lee of Utah during his congressional testimony.
“We then went to the department of defense and asked them if they had additional tools,” Horowitz said. They did and by using those Horowitz was able to turn up more missing texts in May. Horowitz’ forensic examiners then went through a quality control check on the final step of the recovery effort and discovered “that the phone had a database on it that was actually also doing a collection of text messages.”

It was only when they extracted the messages from that previously unseen database that they discovered “the second part of the August 8th text ‘No, no, we’ll stop it.'” “That was found in early May because of that 4th effort to extract information from the phone,” Horowitz said. ...

... this most-damning message only turned up in another database entirely, one the FBI didn’t know about. Of course, this raises additional questions, starting with this one: Who erased the message from the other database on the phone? It seems that, if not for this other database, the “we’ll stop it” text would never have been found, even with the use of military grade recovery software. How is that possible?

And here’s the question that follows from that one: If someone did go through a lot of effort to erase this particular text, does that show they had a consciousness of guilt about what it said? I mean, can it really be a coincidence that this particular text is the hardest one to find?

I think someone went to multiple levels in three or morse devices to completely delete these text messages. And I doubt one individual had both access and database skills to delete the texts from one or more servers and multiple databases on the phones. Frankly, I would be surprised if Strzok or Page knew more than how to delete the texts from their phones' text message streams.

Based on all this I strongly suspect that this was an attempt by more than just Strzok and Page to obstruct the investigation.

Elspeth
06-19-2018, 07:39 PM
How IG Horowitz Turned Up Strzok’s ‘We’ll Stop It’ Text (https://hotair.com/archives/2018/06/19/ig-horowitz-turned-strzoks-well-stop-text/)

I think someone went to multiple levels in three or morse devices to completely delete these text messages. And I doubt one individual had both access and database skills to delete the texts from one or more servers and multiple databases on the phones. Frankly, I would be surprised if Strzok or Page knew more than how to delete the texts from their phones' text message streams.

Based on all this I strongly suspect that this was an attempt by more than just Strzok and Page to obstruct the investigation.

I had heard that Strzok was using TOR. Has there been anything on that?