PDA

View Full Version : Whirlwind Wednesday.

Gingersnap
12-17-2008, 09:47 AM
Yikes! If I live through this week without being sent to prison for mass murder, it will be a miracle. It's clear and cold but we might see the 30s for the next couple of days. Temps will tank for the weekend, of course.

TOTD: What are some of the worst or most inappropriate or completely useless Christmas gifts you've received over the years? Yes, we all know it's the thought that counts but clearly some people just aren't thinking (or worse yet - they are).

My MIL is a dear but she's convinced that I need the kitchen gizmos pitched on TV. Over the years I have received electric potato peelers, electric butter brushes, the Ov Glove, and various electric things that dice, spurt, or crush things. What I really need is a nice new rolling pin but I'm afraid to tell her for fear that she'll present me with one that has 4 forward speeds and 2 reverse gears. :eek:

Gingersnap
12-17-2008, 12:51 PM
Bumping for unfortunate gift ideas.

bijou
12-17-2008, 12:56 PM
electric butter brushes, . :eek:

Dear Lord, why? Away with 'moving your hand backward and forward' misery. How lazy is it possible to be?

FlaGator
12-17-2008, 01:02 PM
Yikes! If I live through this week without being sent to prison for mass murder, it will be a miracle. It's clear and cold but we might see the 30s for the next couple of days. Temps will tank for the weekend, of course.

TOTD: What are some of the worst or most inappropriate or completely useless Christmas gifts you've received over the years? Yes, we all know it's the thought that counts but clearly some people just aren't thinking (or worse yet - they are).

My MIL is a dear but she's convinced that I need the kitchen gizmos pitched on TV. Over the years I have received electric potato peelers, electric butter brushes, the Ov Glove, and various electric things that dice, spurt, or crush things. What I really need is a nice new rolling pin but I'm afraid to tell her for fear that she'll present me with one that has 4 forward speeds and 2 reverse gears. :eek:

TOTD: A freaking Chia Pet. I figure when some one gives me one that is their way of say "Let's not be friends any more".

BTW Have you priced a Chia Pet?!! There like $15.00

Gingersnap
12-17-2008, 01:10 PM
Dear Lord, why? Away with 'moving your hand backward and forward' misery. How lazy is it possible to be?

Well, to be fair this unit did have an optional on-demand butter spraying feature. :p

noonwitch
12-17-2008, 04:41 PM
When I was about 12 or 13, one of my now departed aunts bought me and my sister the most hideous sweaters I've ever seen. They had a K-Mart label in them, by the way.

The sweaters had huge Indian chief heads sewn on the front. The heads were made of the same type of material varsity letters are made of. I loved my aunt, but I wish she had stuck to giving Avon products that year.

About a month after Christmas, my mom asked me "Why aren't you and your sister wearing those sweaters Aunt Barb gave you?" I just glared at her, and she started laughing. She told us to wear them the next time Aunt Barb visited, but we never did.

Bubba Dawg
12-17-2008, 08:18 PM
Billy Bass. The mounted fish that would turn it's head and sing when touched or prodded or something. I can't remember the song.

http://www.contrahour.com/photos/uncategorized/singingfishoriginal.png

Gingersnap
12-17-2008, 08:23 PM
And where is your Billy Bass today?

Bubba Dawg
12-17-2008, 08:25 PM
And where is your Billy Bass today?

Dang. Busted. :eek:

It's in the shop. It has a cigarette dangling from its lips.

Actually I have two. :o

Zathras
12-17-2008, 09:12 PM
Billy Bass. The mounted fish that would turn it's head and sing when touched or prodded or something. I can't remember the song.

http://www.contrahour.com/photos/uncategorized/singingfishoriginal.png

The ones I've seen usually play this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjnvSQuv-H4

Bubba Dawg
12-17-2008, 09:33 PM
The ones I've seen usually play this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjnvSQuv-H4

THAT'S IT!!!!

Thanks.

I haven't had batteries in it for years and forgot.

I hate that song.

Gingersnap
12-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Was it 2 or 3 years ago that those were all the rage? I remember walking through Wal-Mart and being assaulted by that fish. It made me feel stabby. :mad:

Bubba Dawg
12-17-2008, 10:03 PM
Was it 2 or 3 years ago that those were all the rage? I remember walking through Wal-Mart and being assaulted by that fish. It made me feel stabby. :mad:

More like four or five years.

Isn't it amazing how time flies by the more of it you've seen.....:p

Phillygirl
12-17-2008, 10:09 PM
Last year I got a rotisserie oven from my mom. It cooks a whole chicken. Now what in the world do I need a rotisserie oven for? She gave my brother and sister each one as well. I really want to regift it, but it's not the kind of thing you bring to the office pollyanna.

Gingersnap
12-17-2008, 10:12 PM
More like four or five years.

Isn't it amazing how time flies by the more of it you've seen.....:p

Let's discuss your future disability claims.

*unsheathes Sword of Righteous Fury*

Bubba Dawg
12-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Let's discuss your future disability claims.

*unsheathes Sword of Righteous Fury*

NOT THE SWORD OF RIGHTEOUS FURY!!!!:eek:

Dang. I always get in trouble.

Gingersnap
12-17-2008, 10:24 PM
NOT THE SWORD OF RIGHTEOUS FURY!!!!:eek:

Dang. I always get in trouble.

I'm looking at it it's turning blue. This can't be good. For you, I mean.

Bubba Dawg
12-17-2008, 10:26 PM
I'm looking at it it's turning blue. This can't be good. For you, I mean.

Orc Cleaver.......Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....:eek::eek:

It burns.......It burns.........

(runs away screaming)

Gingersnap
12-17-2008, 10:36 PM
Orc Cleaver.......Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....:eek::eek:

It burns.......It burns.........

(runs away screaming)

Wipe that mud off your face and get a haircut, while you're at it.

Bubba Dawg
12-17-2008, 10:53 PM
Wipe that mud off your face and get a haircut, while you're at it.

The Precious! The Precious!

My hair is Precious. Get it cut, I cannot.......

Yoda, sound like I do.....hmmmmmm?

Gingersnap
12-17-2008, 11:00 PM
The Precious! The Precious!

My hair is Precious. Get it cut, I cannot.......

Yoda, sound like I do.....hmmmmmm?

You're mixing your puppet/cgi frames. You deserve death for that alone but I'm super tired tonight and I won't have time the rest of week for your overdue public torturing and subsequentd de-Spanxing.

I'm totally penciling you in for death or worse on the 28th, though. :D

Bubba Dawg
12-17-2008, 11:12 PM
You're mixing your puppet/cgi frames. You deserve death for that alone but I'm super tired tonight and I won't have time the rest of week for your overdue public torturing and subsequentd de-Spanxing.

I'm totally penciling you in for death or worse on the 28th, though. :D

Inner Jedi weeping, he is.