PDA

View Full Version : Peter Fonda’s New Film Nets Measly $30,000

Banacek
06-28-2018, 03:27 PM
For Hollywood money men, maybe there really is such a thing as bad publicity.

After aging Hollywood liberal Peter Fonda launched his name back into the headlines last week with a vicious series of Twitter postings implying child rape of 12-year-old Barron Trump and the sexual humiliation of a female Trump administration cabinet member (among other evils), his new film hit movie screens in limited release to five theaters.

Judging by the box office take, keeping it limited might be a good idea.

According to the entertainment website The Wrap, Fonda’s movie “Boundaries” generated a measly $30,395 last weekend – and average screen earning of only $6,079.

When Fonda’s heinous Twitter attacks became public – he deleted them quickly – Sony Pictures clearly realized it had a potential debacle on its hands.

Having one of a movie’s biggest names being associated in the public eye with calling for the abduction of a White House press secretary’s children isn’t a good start for a word-of-mouth campaign.

https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/peter-fondas-new-film-nets-measly-30000-after-actors-perverted-attack-on-barron-trump/

SVPete
06-28-2018, 03:47 PM
... his new film hit movie screens in limited release to five theaters.

I wonder whether this extremely limited release was the original release plan or a last minute limiting of the $$ risk on the distribution side of the ledger.

noonwitch
06-28-2018, 04:10 PM
The only movie of his I like is Easy Rider, and Dennis Hopper was the real star of that one.

Apocalypse
06-28-2018, 04:27 PM
It's possible he did. But have any of you seen the trailer and what this film is about?

Picture Driving Ms. Daisy with Ms. Daisy as a pot old hippy pot dealer in a dysfunctional family road trip.

FYI Fonda only had about a 10 min cameo in the film. Not even a major character.

Angry Old White Man
06-28-2018, 04:39 PM
The only movie of his I like is Easy Rider, and Dennis Hopper was the real star of that one.

I think Nicolson was the one that stood out, I also like that very old movie he made that had him working in the oil fields of Odessa Tx, and I believe he was a piano player that left the life. I can't remember the name of the movie but it was a really good one, I like the part where he and his buddy was stuck in traffic and there was a truck in front of them that had a piano on the back so he got out of the car and jumped in the back of the truck and started playing the piano , then traffic started moving and his buddy left him there in the back of that truck. Wish I could remember the name of that one

NJCardFan
06-28-2018, 06:51 PM

Dirty Mary & Crazy Larry was pretty good.

GeorgeandSugar
06-28-2018, 08:44 PM
Not a movie I would have any interest in. The pot theme in a movie is intellectually deficient and not inspiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noonwitch
06-29-2018, 01:47 PM
I read some reviews that stated Christopher Plummer is hilarious as an 80 something weed dealer. I feel bad for him in all this, I've liked him ever since I saw The Sound Of Music. I liked him in Delores Claiborne, 12 Monkeys and in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, in which he played the only nice guy in the film.