PDA

View Full Version : Michigan professor says the green movement is ‘too white’

Banacek
06-28-2018, 07:05 PM
A new study by researchers at the University of Michigan is blaming several major U.S. environmental organizations for not being racially diverse enough. According to the study, there are too many white people sitting on their governing boards.

“Diversity in Environmental Organizations Reporting and Transparency,” published earlier this year by Dorceta E. Taylor, a professor of environmental sociology at Michigan, analyzed more than 2,000 environmental organizations for whether their organization provided annual reports with a racial breakdown of the individual diversity data for their company. According to Taylor, the findings were deeply troubling as they indicated that less than 15 percent of all organizations surveyed actually cared enough to collect diversity data.

“For any type of diversity reporting at all, it was around 14 percent [of the groups surveyed]. When you got to reporting about the staff, that fell off to about 6 percent,” Taylor lamented. “What we’re seeing, again, to put the most charitable spin on it, it could be a matter of organizations simply not yet collecting diversity data because many nonprofits actually don’t collect that data.”

What is environmental sociology ?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/red-alert-politics/michigan-professor-says-the-green-movement-is-too-white

DumbAss Tanker
06-28-2018, 09:21 PM
Just keep fragging the shit out of each other, Leftist scum, our schadenboners need periodic renewal.

noonwitch
06-29-2018, 09:21 AM
I'm guessing the environmental sociology is a subfield of sociology that focuses on the impact on people of pollution and other environmental issues. Like look at why there is a disproportionate number of cases of cerebral palsy in babies whose mothers lived in certain neighborhoods while pregnant, or why the people who live near refineries have higher cancer rates than those who don't, or why the people who live downwind from the garbage incinerator seem to have a higher rate of asthma than those who don't.

Then, they will look at whether racial or ethnic groups are disproportionately affected by it. The examples I used are things I've observed in the course of my job, not scientific studies. The cerebral palsy neighborhood is on the east side, near the Chrysler Jefferson AVE plant and by a really polluted creek. It's a black neighborhood, for the most part. The areas around the refineries are also near the Ford Rouge plant, and affect mostly white and Hispanic people. The garbage incinerator affects people from downtown to Windsor, ONT and all up the East side of the city. The Detroit Free Press actually has done studies on the refineries/Rouge Plant and the cancer rates.

SarasotaRepub
06-29-2018, 02:11 PM
Man, you have people just looking for
any god damn reason to be assholes.