PDA

View Full Version : DeVos Wants U.S. to Adopt European Education Policies

Banacek
06-30-2018, 04:00 PM
U.S. Education Secretary Betsy DeVos says switching to the type of education and workforce development policies embraced by countries such as Switzerland, the Netherlands, and the U.K. would “help catch us up” to students in other countries.

In an op-ed at Education Week, DeVos writes that during a recent international trip, she found these European countries have a centralized approach to education and workforce development, similar to what she hopes to achieve through a merger of the U.S. Departments of Education and Labor, as announced last week via a federal government reform plan.

DeVos asserts that in these countries, “freedom in education isn’t controversial – it’s common sense.”

The secretary is a proponent of school choice – the provision of federal funds for both public and private schools – as well as personalized and social and emotional learning (SEL), in which personality, psychological, and attitudinal data are collected on students to improve education outcomes

The highlighted quote will really work well in the south side of Chicago and other garden sports like Washington D.C.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/dc-school-scandals-tell-me-that-its-not-great-and-that-youre-dealing-with-it/2018/03/10/b73d9cf0-1d9e-11e8-b2d9-08e748f892c0_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8a0606b66df9

Where does Trump find these people to nominate !

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/06/29/devos-wants-u-s-to-adopt-european-education-policies/

noonwitch
07-02-2018, 09:56 AM
He found Betsy in the MI GOP. She's a favorite of the religious right. She and her husband have advocated against the public schools and for private and charter schools for decades. She was the leader of the MI GOP for a while, maybe in the 90s? Her husband ran for Governor about 10 years ago and got beat by Jennifer Granholm. Her husband's family (along with the Van Andels) formed (SC)AMWAY. Her brother is Erik Prince of Blackwater.

I like their son, though, Rich the III. He's a good guy, started some really good arts programs in GR that I hope spread east to Detroit.