PDA

View Full Version : Trump 'angry baby' blimp gets green light to fly over London during president's visit

SarasotaRepub
07-05-2018, 11:05 AM
I'm really surprised at the Brits for putting
up with this stupidity.
(https://news.sky.com/story/trump-angry-baby-blimp-gets-green-light-to-fly-over-london-during-presidents-visit-11426665)

By Bethany Minelle, news reporter

A giant balloon dubbed "Trump baby" has been given the green light to fly near parliament during the president's UK visit.

London mayor Sadiq Khan's Greater London Authority has approved a request for the flight after thousands signed a petition and a crowdfunding campaign raised more than £16,000 to get the six-metre inflatable off the ground.

Strict rules are in place for the flight from Parliament Square Gardens, with the balloon being tethered to the ground and restricted from floating higher than 30m (98ft).

Angry Old White Man
07-05-2018, 11:16 AM
I'm surprised they could collect that much money seeing how they all live on welfare

Dlr Pyro
07-05-2018, 11:32 AM
So their childish blimp will fly, but

TRUMP WILL STILL BE PRESIDENT AND HILLARY WILL NOT...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SVPete
07-05-2018, 11:42 AM
It's not exactly a prime location for visibility. Parliament Square Garden is a small park near the Palace of Westminster and Westminster Abbey. It's bounded on the west by a solid line of mature trees, so visibility from that direction will be partly/largely obstructed. On the north are another couple of large trees. On the south Westminster Abbey will significantly obstruct the view. The Palace of Westminster is across the street to the east, and it is located on the bank of the Thames, obstructing the view from the river. In addition to the normal security for nearby 10 Downing Street and the Palace of Westminster (where Parliament meets) there's also a Metropolitan Police station within 900 feet (less than .2 miles). It's an older part of London, so access is easily controlled. (Google Maps Satellite View is pretty handy)

All in all I doubt the twitdiots doing this tantrum are going to be overjoyed, especially if Antifa-like violence was among their purposes. Here's hoping for a windy day!

noonwitch
07-05-2018, 01:40 PM
The British obviously didn't see that second Batman movie where the Penguin filled the parade balloons with poison gas.

Old n Grumpy
07-05-2018, 02:46 PM
And when the brits need something from us I hope Trump tells them to go fly a balloon

FlaGator
07-05-2018, 03:33 PM
The British obviously didn't see that second Batman movie where the Penguin filled the parade balloons with poison gas.

Joker did that in the first movie, spraying the crowd with Smilex gas.

SVPete
07-05-2018, 03:47 PM
And when the brits need something from us I hope Trump tells them to go fly a balloon

Nah, just make receiving Sadiq Khan's head on a platter part of the deal.

SVPete
07-06-2018, 12:10 PM
This may be a satire site, (https://www.westmonster.com/campaign-for-baby-khan-balloon-smashes-10k-target/) but I hope it's true:

Following Sadiq Khan’s approval of a balloon mocking President Trump to be flown over Parliament during his visit to the UK, a counter-campaign has surged to over £10,000 out of nowhere for a balloon depicting the London Mayor to go up.

The campaign’s appeal reads: “To have a giant size Sadiq Khan, ‘Baby Khan’ balloon fly over London to demonstrate our unhappiness with him as our Mayor of London.”

It goes on to explain: “In light of the Donald Trump ‘Baby Trump’ ballon being allowed to fly over London during his visit to the UK, let’s get a ‘baby Khan’ one and see if FREE SPEECH applies to all and whether or not Mr Khan and the London Assembly will also approve this.”

noonwitch
07-06-2018, 12:52 PM
Joker did that in the first movie, spraying the crowd with Smilex gas.

My wrong. I don't remember all that Batman movies that well. At least I had the right Batman, I knew it was one of Keaton's movies.

old dog
07-06-2018, 01:40 PM
This may be a satire site, (https://www.westmonster.com/campaign-for-baby-khan-balloon-smashes-10k-target/) but I hope it's true:

This is undoubtedly Islamophobic hate speech and may land the promoters in jail for even talking about this. Free speech and freedom of the press are DEAD in the UK. Subservience to sharia inches forward every day.

SVPete
07-13-2018, 11:32 AM
:rotfl: Reality Trumped the hype! (https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2018/07/13/sadtrombone-the-giant-anti-trump-blimp-protesters-promised-to-fly-high-over-london-didnt-quite-match-the-hype/) :rotfl: Pun blatantly intended. :evil-grin:

SVPete
07-13-2018, 02:32 PM
Judging by the picture in this article (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/07/about-that-giant-trump-baby-balloon.php), I'm going to guesstimate that the balloon is 20 feet tall by 15 feet wide. Impressive if you're next to it, very small from a quarter mile down the street, and probably not visible from the Thames because the Palace of Westminster is taller.

NJCardFan
07-13-2018, 06:35 PM

The Penguin tried to kill all the 1st born kids of Gotham and attempted to shoot missiles at the city in the 2nd movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk