PDA

View Full Version : Assault Revolvers With High-Capacity Magazines Are Trending

Banacek
07-16-2018, 03:43 PM
A revolver is a gun with a revolving cylinder, hence the name. They generally hold six rounds in the fixed cylindrical magazine. Even most gun-ignorant leftist loons don’t consider these types of firearms to be assault weapons; they key word being “most.” A Los Angeles news reporter actually said that there is such a thing as an “assault revolver” that accepts “high capacity magazines.” Unfortunately there was no picture to go with this report.

This is a story from 2014 that somebody just noticed and it’s blowing up on the Interwebz. San Bernardino police officers got into a shootout with some scumbags. KCAL reports:

A 31-year-old veteran officer and a new officer trainee were in an area known for criminal activity at around 2 a.m., to “check on some individuals,” said Lt. Rich Lawhead of the San Bernardino Police Department.

The officers confronted a group of five people, who had just left a nightclub, in front of a home on a dead-end street and “almost immediately shots were fired,” Chief Jarrod Burguan said.A male suspect’s gunfire wounded the senior officer, a 6-year veteran of the San Bernardino Police Department, twice in the upper body.

He was transported to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center for surgery. He remains in critical condition.

The training officer was able to return fire and wounded the suspect, who was a man in his 30s. He was also transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Now wait for it…

An assault revolver with high-capacity magazines and a revolver were recovered at the scene.

What is the difference between the assault revolver and the regular revolver recovered at the scene? I think the assault revolver is the one that takes those high-capacity magazines. As I said, it’s a damn shame there was no picture of this mystery weapon.

Interestingly enough, this isn’t the first time a liberal gun-dummy has claimed that revolvers accept high-capacity magazines. Back in 2015, I found this guy who was arguing that guns should be banned because our Founding Fathers could never have conceived of modern weaponry:

“And certainly the Founders could not have imagined assault rifles, clip loaded revolvers and concealable pistols. This constitutional understanding should precede any discussion of gun rights,” wrote a really stupid man.

What I think is that these “clip-loaded revolvers” are the same kind of “assault revolver” with high-capacity magazines recovered at the crime scene in San Bernardino in 2014

:doh:

https://downtrend.com/71superb/assault-revolvers-with-high-capacity-magazines-are-trending/