PDA

View Full Version : Thrilling Thursday

FlaGator
12-18-2008, 08:24 AM
Well there are just 6 more days to shop for Christmas so I guess we've pasted the line marking what some could consider last minute shopping. My ex usually had all this done before December. I still have a lot to do. Any ways, it’s a beautiful day here in sunny North Florida. No rain, high of around 78 and no rain expected until Sunday. Very spring like conditions.

TOTD: Yesterday asked you what was the worse gift you have ever received. Today tell us about the best gift you have be given. For me this is going way back to when I was about 10 years old. I woke up on Christmas morning to find that among the stuff Santa had left both my brother and I received these Knights in Armor on horse. Now these figures where like the old GI Joes in that they were about 11 inches high and they were posable. The coolest thing however was the armor. You put it on piece by piece. Each piece had little plastic straps that held the pieces on. You would suit up the whole Knight just like a real knight would dress. Even the horse had armor that you could fit on them. Each night had a sword with a sheath and a jousting pole. For some reason when ever I think about Christmas as a child those knights are the first thing to pop in to my head. I would really love to find one know. I'd pay just about anything to have another one of this. I'd probably by one for my brother too and then invite him over to joust in the backyard.

Gingersnap
12-18-2008, 09:37 AM
It's cold and clear out here but it should be a nice day.

TOTD: My best present was toy horse with movable joints and about 100 pieces of plastic tack. I still have him. :)

ralph wiggum
12-18-2008, 11:50 AM
TOTD: I've posted this before, but I think it's a good Christmas gift story, so I'll retell it.

I was on a brief summer vacation in Door County, Wisconsin with my in-laws a while back, and went into a used bookstore with my father-in-law. Just killing time, I was browsing through the sports section and found a first edition of "The Baseball Encyclopedia". The information in it is obviously kind of outdated, but I thought it was kind of cool to look at. I didn't buy it, because I figured that I already have nearly a hundred baseball reference books.

Come Christmas time that year, my gift from my in-laws was that very book. Apparently my father-in-law went back to the store later that day and bought it for me. It was such a cool gesture that I still appreciate it to this day.

movie buff
12-18-2008, 02:47 PM
TOTD: That's a tough one. Certainly one of my most memorable was the Felix the Cat stuffed toy I got when I was 6 or so. There was a rather interesting story behind that.

Rebel Yell
12-18-2008, 03:29 PM
It's warm and sunny today, in the 80's.

TOTD:

At about 10 years old, this was Playstation.......

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo312/nfl_time08/abcnfl-vibrating-football-board-gam.jpg

Of course, mine wasn't that fancy.

ralph wiggum
12-18-2008, 03:40 PM
It's warm and sunny today, in the 80's.

TOTD:

At about 10 years old, this was Playstation......

Of course, mine wasn't that fancy.

I had that too but it was much more plain than that also. :(

Bubba Dawg
12-18-2008, 07:39 PM
I got a GI Joe with Kung Fu Grip in an astronaut suit, with a helmet, and the space capsule that he could sit down in and I could close the sliding hatch and he would be inside.

Great Gift. Gi Joe then was about ten inches tall and had fuzzy hair and a scar on his cheek.