PDA

View Full Version : Got a Visitor Today!

Speedy
12-18-2008, 12:10 PM
The dogs were raising a ruckus, went to check it out and found this guy!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/speed_addiction/Family/100_1531_12-18-2008.jpg

Speedy
12-18-2008, 12:11 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/speed_addiction/Family/100_1527_12-18-2008.jpg

Speedy
12-18-2008, 12:12 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/speed_addiction/Family/100_1530_12-18-2008.jpg

linda22003
12-18-2008, 12:14 PM
So, it's possum stew tonight?

Speedy
12-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Yvette is out right now getting some red onions and carrots. Possum Stew HAS to have red onions and carrots.

PoliCon
12-18-2008, 01:55 PM
where on earth do you live that you have a COMPOUND instead of a yard?? lol

Speedy
12-18-2008, 02:14 PM
where on earth do you live that you have a COMPOUND instead of a yard?? lol

I have a hot tub and pool in the backyard. From what I learned after I bought this house is that the people who owned were swingers and they would have some nude hot tub and pool parties and barbeques. That is why he put up the high walls.

I put some wrought iron gates on the sides of the wall that faces the street so my dogs can see out when they are in the backyard when Yvette and I are at work.

I used to not like that wall, but now that Big Oh has been elected, it makes my home easier to defend should they ever come. Freefall pit here and here, impovised claymore there, tripwire+road flare+can of gasoline there and a pretty good field of fire. :D

Rebel Yell
12-18-2008, 02:30 PM
So, it's possum stew tonight?

That creature I saw in the picture is clearly not a possum. It would appear to closely resemble the opossum, though. :D;):rolleyes:

linda22003
12-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Opossums are the creatures that freeze in my headlights at night. This ole boy is more of a possum. :D

Rebel Yell
12-18-2008, 02:37 PM
Opossums are the creatures that freeze in my headlights at night. This ole boy is more of a possum. :D

Do you have any idea how long I've waited to correct you?;)

Rebel Yell
12-18-2008, 02:53 PM
My most memorable opossum experience came when I just a Rebel Whisper, about 9 or 10 years old. I was out in my grandparents' cow pasture. They had a dead cow out there, that they hadn't buried yet. Being the young coon ass I was, I just had to go up to it and kick it. That was when the opossum ran out of the dead cows asshole. Those nasty little bastards will crawl up inside a dead animal and eat it inside out. Think about that when eating some opossum stew.:cool:

Speedy
12-18-2008, 02:57 PM
Hey, come on now. Many of us have eaten a female from the inside out. :D

Rebel Yell
12-18-2008, 03:03 PM
Hey, come on now. Many of us have eaten a female from the inside out. :D

But did she smell like a dead cows asshole?;):D:eek:

Speedy
12-18-2008, 03:12 PM
But did she smell like a dead cows asshole?;)

Well, there was one time in Thailand...:D Ugh! Maybe not a dead cows asshole but the asshole of a dead something!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/speed_addiction/2008-12-18_141025.jpg

linda22003
12-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Do you have any idea how long I've waited to correct you?;)

Well, what to get you for Christmas has now been solved. :p

Rebel Yell
12-18-2008, 03:18 PM
Well, what to get you for Christmas has now been solved. :p

What a way to get into the holiday season!!!! Now I know how the who's felt when the grinch finally showed up for christmas.:D

PoliCon
12-18-2008, 04:18 PM
My most memorable opossum experience came when I just a Rebel Whisper, about 9 or 10 years old. I was out in my grandparents' cow pasture. They had a dead cow out there, that they hadn't buried yet. Being the young coon ass I was, I just had to go up to it and kick it. That was when the opossum ran out of the dead cows asshole. Those nasty little bastards will crawl up inside a dead animal and eat it inside out. Think about that when eating some opossum stew.:cool:ew ew ew ew ew ew. Now I have to call my mother and see if she ever tricked me into eating one of those ass munchers!!

Constitutionally Speaking
12-18-2008, 04:36 PM
My gut tells me it is an expossum. :D

Speedy
12-18-2008, 04:55 PM
ew ew ew ew ew ew. Now I have to call my mother and see if she ever tricked me into eating one of those ass munchers!!

When I was growing up, my dad would always by a box of .22 longs when he had the money for it. It was really the only way we would eat meat. My earliest memory is of when I was about 4 yers old. I was already shooting by then. My brother and I would take the old model 1902 Winchester Pump .22 out had hunt us up something for the stew pot. Jack Rabbit was always good. Cottontail. Armadillo. Possum or Raccoon sometimes.

One of the ranchers that had the land next to ours would sometimes see us along the fence. He would tell us that we could shoot one of the feral pigs that were all over his property as long as my mom made some tamales and gave him a few dozen. We would go and get my Uncle Eugenio's lever action Winchester 30-30 and get us one. It was kind of strange. I was about 6 at the time (my brother died when I was 7) my brother was a year younger and we would walk 4-5 up to 7 miles out in the country hunting. No one would worry about us. Even at that age country kids like us were resourceful enough that we were always okay. Only a couple of times did they have to come looking for us because of fear something may have happened.

Once I got thrown by the horse I was riding and he went home. They came looking for me when it arrived without me. Another time that same horse, what we call "Houdini Horses" cause they teach themselves to untie simple knots, untied himself from where I had left him and went home. That damned horse also knew how to open bump gates and our neighbors were always bringing him back to us when they found him on their property.

My brother and I always had a dog with us. Whenever our mom or dad felt we had been out long enough, they would go out to the end of the pens and blow on a dog whistle. The dog would let us know it was time to go home.

I had no idea I was poor back then. I only knew that me and my brother were happy when we had our rifles, our horse and our dog and a critter for the pot.

Speedy
12-18-2008, 04:55 PM
My gut tells me it is an expossum. :D

Actually, it's...toast! :)

PoliCon
12-18-2008, 07:54 PM
Speedy - I know what you mean about being poor - except we had rich relatives so we knew we were poor - and when we had critters on the table mom always called it skinless chicken. We ate squirrel and rabbit and lots of other critters that way. I have to wonder if we ever et possum that way.

Ranger Rick
12-18-2008, 10:27 PM
Yep been there. He'd come by and beat up the dog and steal its food. So I took to putting some in a trap.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/RangerRick2/100_0077.jpg