PDA

View Full Version : Movie You're Ashamed To Say You Haven't Seen

Rebel Yell
12-18-2008, 04:36 PM
I thought about this as I watched a little of the movie my couldn't believe I haven't seen last night.....

Mine is

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb52/gayb77/fightclub.jpg

PoliCon
12-18-2008, 04:43 PM
I thought about this as I watched a little of the movie my couldn't believe I haven't seen last night.....

Mine is

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb52/gayb77/fightclub.jpgI hated that movie.:rolleyes: Mine is - http://americancarol.com/images/acdvd.gif

Speedy
12-18-2008, 05:03 PM
You know, I love Edward Norton's work. The guy is brilliant, but I have never seen Fight Club either. Another one I have not seen is The Godfather III.

Space Gravy
12-18-2008, 05:11 PM
Citizen Kane.

Gingersnap
12-18-2008, 05:53 PM
It's Wonderful Life.

They act like you're getting ready to spit on the cross when they find out that you somehow missed that one. :rolleyes:

Moon
12-18-2008, 06:45 PM
Gone With the Wind.

I wouldn't call it shame. More like a badge of honor.

linda22003
12-19-2008, 08:10 AM
Schindler's List.

noonwitch
12-19-2008, 09:07 AM
ET, although, I'm not embarrassed to say I haven't seen it. I have actually tried to avoid seeing it.

Phillygirl
12-19-2008, 09:32 AM
It's Wonderful Life.

They act like you're getting ready to spit on the cross when they find out that you somehow missed that one. :rolleyes:

Schindler's List.

Both of these are on my list.

linda22003
12-19-2008, 10:14 AM
I just don't WANT to.

movie buff
12-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Schindler's List and most of the Godfather (I've only seen the last 30 mins. or so of it).

marinejcksn
12-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Network. :(

Before yesterday I would've also said The Dark Knight but the DVD just came out. Mindblowing.

noonwitch
12-19-2008, 11:25 AM
Network. :(

Before yesterday I would've also said The Dark Knight but the DVD just came out. Mindblowing.

I watched it Friday night. It was good, but it was disturbing. Heath Ledger's performance was so very good. I found the scene where Rachel dies, while her boyfriend listens on a phone, to be both riveting and troubling, if you know what I mean. It has a PG-13 rating, but I know a lot of parents are letting their 7-12 year olds watch it and I don't think that's appropriate at all.

Then again, I'll never forget when one of the local news shows was covering Mel Gibson's "The Passion" at a local theater. The reporter interviewed a mother who had taken her 2 year old to see it. I actually appreciated that movie, as an adult, but I would have never taken a young child to it. I don't think Mel or anyone involved in the production intended for that to be seen by small children.

Gingersnap
12-19-2008, 11:46 AM
I just don't WANT to.

It's excellent but it's a major bring-down.

linda22003
12-19-2008, 11:51 AM
People should probably see it who don't know their history. I know too much about it as it is.

marinejcksn
12-19-2008, 12:31 PM
I watched it Friday night. It was good, but it was disturbing. Heath Ledger's performance was so very good. I found the scene where Rachel dies, while her boyfriend listens on a phone, to be both riveting and troubling, if you know what I mean. It has a PG-13 rating, but I know a lot of parents are letting their 7-12 year olds watch it and I don't think that's appropriate at all.

Definitely agree, it wasn't a Batman for kids. Heath's Joker is the definitive all time performance, hands down.

ralph wiggum
12-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Schindler's List.

Ditto.

I've never seen Titanic either, but I'm actually kind of proud to have not seen that. :D

PoliCon
12-19-2008, 11:38 PM
Ditto.

I've never seen Titanic either, but I'm actually kind of proud to have not seen that. :DI will spoon my own eyes out before I watch that tripe! Or any movie with Tom Hanks in it. Can't stand that man. :mad:

Bubba Dawg
12-20-2008, 09:44 AM
Godfather III. Citizen Kane. Schindler's List. ET.

I'm not avoiding them, just haven't seen them. I startied watching Godfather III and couldn't get into it.

wilbur
12-20-2008, 03:09 PM
You know, I love Edward Norton's work. The guy is brilliant, but I have never seen Fight Club either. Another one I have not seen is The Godfather III.

Good lord people... Fight Club was amazing. One of my all time favorites for sure. See it.

Probably not everyone's cup of tea though..

BSR
12-20-2008, 04:19 PM
Gone With the Wind.

I wouldn't call it shame. More like a badge of honor.

I thought chicks liked those kinds of movies. :p

Jumpy
12-20-2008, 05:23 PM
My list of have-seen movies is pretty limited. My list of have-not seen includes most of the big hits.
Schindler's List, The Passion, The Titanic, All of the Godfathers, The Matrix, etc etc etc. I am not ashamed to say that I missed any of them.

Phillygirl
12-20-2008, 06:05 PM
My list of have-seen movies is pretty limited. My list of have-not seen includes most of the big hits.
Schindler's List, The Passion, The Titanic, All of the Godfathers, The Matrix, etc etc etc. I am not ashamed to say that I missed any of them.

The only one I've seen on that list is The Titanic. Meh.

Goldwater
12-20-2008, 06:08 PM

Wow, even the movies you have seen suck.

Jumpy
12-20-2008, 06:49 PM

I would've seen that one but I cried when my daughter told me about the water scene... where someone reaches out to save someone else, and they slip under water. Soooooo sad. No friggin way will I pay money to cry my eyes out.

My kids talked me into watching The Notebook and I cried all day long. I couldve slapped my kids for that. I hate to cry.

Phillygirl
12-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Wow, even the movies you have seen suck.

Yeah, pretty much! :D

I haven't been to the movies in years. And even then, it was for kids movies. Nothing much has interested me enough to go out and eat the $40 popcorn to make it worth it.

Phillygirl
12-20-2008, 08:24 PM
I would've seen that one but I cried when my daughter told me about the water scene... where someone reaches out to save someone else, and they slip under water. Soooooo sad. No friggin way will I pay money to cry my eyes out.

My kids talked me into watching The Notebook and I cried all day long. I couldve slapped my kids for that. I hate to cry.

The thing that bothered me about the Titanic was listening to that stupid song for the entire movie. I mean, put it in once or twice, fine....but the whole friggin thing? It was ridiculous.

Stepmom is the movie that makes me cry my eyes out. Every single time. I haven't seen the Notebook either.

ralph wiggum
12-20-2008, 09:39 PM
I will spoon my own eyes out before I watch that tripe! Or any movie with Tom Hanks in it. Can't stand that man. :mad:

His older movies were great. Back when he was strictly a comedic actor. Now I feel old. :(

Moon
12-20-2008, 10:30 PM
I thought chicks liked those kinds of movies. :p

AssHOLE!!!

:D

biccat
12-21-2008, 08:07 AM
Passion of the Christ

I liked the book better.

marinejcksn
12-21-2008, 09:52 AM
Good lord people... Fight Club was amazing. One of my all time favorites for sure. See it.

Probably not everyone's cup of tea though..

People haven't seen Fight Club?

I'm going to my cave, going to find my power animal. :D

Rebel Yell
12-22-2008, 09:20 AM

Selfish bitch coulda took turns floating on the table.:mad: