PDA

View Full Version : New York State Launches Full-Out Assault on Lemonade stand

Banacek
08-02-2018, 03:23 PM
President Ronald Reagan once said, “Government’s first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.”

Unfortunately for freedom-loving Americans, this commonsense rule is one big government leftists refuse to abide by.

Seven-year-old Brendan Mulvaney found this out first hand after he set up a small lemonade stand across the street from the Saratoga County Fair in upstate New York.

According to his father, Sean Mulvaney, Brendan wanted to raise money for a trip to Disneyworld and also planned to donate some money to a needy family in the area.

“We are trying to teach our son good manners and to do something with himself,” Mulvaney said. “He wanted to make some money with a lemonade, we said sure. It’s better than sitting in the house.”

These entrepreneurial dreams were quickly crushed when a state health official visited the lemonade stand and told the family to shut it down because Brendan didn’t have a permit.

“She didn’t introduce herself, she didn’t leave a card,” Brendan’s dad said. “She asked if we had a permit and I said ‘no’ and she told us we couldn’t do it. Then she started taking pictures. She was rude.”

“We didn’t think that we needed (a permit), we didn’t know that we needed one,” said Brendan’s mom, Jodi Mulvaney. “It didn’t even cross our minds.”

Further down:

According to The New York Post, vendors at the Saratoga fair had complained to health inspectors about Brendan’s stand because he was undercutting their prices: He was selling lemonade for 75 cents, versus the $7 drinks inside the fair

https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/7-year-old-boy-devastated-after-new-york-state-launches-full-assault-lemonade-stand/

[

ralph wiggum
08-02-2018, 03:35 PM
Didn't Country Time Lemonade pledge to help kids being threatened by the intrusive government around Memorial Day?

noonwitch
08-02-2018, 04:04 PM
We have a day in Detroit to celebrate Lemonade stands. Plus, we have enterprising young people who invest in a cooler and a lot of bottled water from the $ store, and sit by backed up intersections selling water to people stuck in traffic. It beats beggars, at least they are selling something people want. One thing about living in a city that everyone forgot-no one cares about stupid rules and such as it pertains to children making some pocket change.

cadillac shark
08-02-2018, 06:03 PM
Didn't Country Time Lemonade pledge to help kids being threatened by the intrusive government around Memorial Day?

Yeah, it was 'Legal-Ade for Lemonade'. It's still in effect, I think. Brilliant business-move. And the kids could serve any brand of lemonade they wanted, to qualify.

Course if ideas like lemonade-stands and roadside sweetcorn-stands sound good, leave to a liberal to destroy them.

Freedomnut
08-02-2018, 06:57 PM
Ah yes! I do believe the un-written motto of liberals is: "No good thing shall go unchallenged, and if possible, destroyed!"

ralph wiggum
08-02-2018, 07:50 PM
Yeah, it was 'Legal-Ade for Lemonade'. It's still in effect, I think. Brilliant business-move. And the kids could serve any brand of lemonade they wanted, to qualify.

Course if ideas like lemonade-stands and roadside sweetcorn-stands sound good, leave to a liberal to destroy them.Good on them.

So much corn is produced this time of year here, gladly stop by a roadside stand & buy because it is farm fresh & cheaper/better than grocery stores.

Ah the wonderful benefits of living in flyover country. And cut off what I don't eat & have leftovers during the winter.