PDA

View Full Version : L.A. Production of ‘The Diary of Anne Frank’ Replaces Nazis with ICE Agents

Dlr Pyro
08-04-2018, 10:12 AM
A modernized theatrical production of The Diary of Anne Frank in Los Angeles will re-imagine the Jewish Frank family hiding from Nazis with Latino immigrants hiding from Immigration, Customs, and Enforcement (ICE) officials, its directors have revealed.
The production, directed by former Roseanne writer Stan Zimmerman and scheduled to run throughout September, “was inspired by the true story of a Jewish woman in Los Angeles who created a ‘Safe House’ for a Latina mother and her two daughters after her husband was deported by ICE.” The play’s characters in the attic will be played by a LatinX cast, according to a promotional website.
“Director Stan Zimmerman has cast his production of the classic play The Diary of Anne Frank, by Frances Goodrich and Albert Hackett and newly adapted by Wendy Kesselman,” the play’s promotional content reads. https://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2018/08/03/l-a-production-of-the-diary-of-anne-frank-replaces-nazis-with-ice-agents-hunting-for-latinx-illegals/

the hollywood left has absolutely blown a gasket over the fact that we have a President who enforces our immigration laws.

ralph wiggum
08-04-2018, 10:31 AM
More whiny crap to make libs feel better. It will affect no votes, we mock this silliness as most Americans do.

Dan D. Doty
08-04-2018, 12:25 PM
Wonderful.

They're stealing other people's history and stories to push their political bullshit.

Elspeth
08-04-2018, 01:41 PM
Because Anne Frank was......an illegal alien?

noonwitch
08-06-2018, 09:26 AM
Because Anne Frank was......an illegal alien?

Her family did leave Germany and moved to the Netherlands when the Nazi rise began, but I'm sure it was legal immigration.

I don't have a problem with people protesting ICE or how immigration is being enforced. I don't like it that they are using a story with a very different message to do so. We have enough Holocaust deniers and assorted idiots out there, this kind of thing just makes it confusing to everyone.

Articulate_Ape
08-06-2018, 09:47 PM
There seems to be very little that Liberals can't distortions for political reasons. I just pray that this is just a phase America is going though and that the Liberal nonsense of today will go the way of all of histories bad ideas.