PDA

View Full Version : OK, what are their DU names!!

patriot45
12-18-2008, 07:35 PM
Probably Bobolink!!! :D

How to spot a moonbat (http://onedollardietproject.wordpress.com/)

Could you survive if you only have $1 a day for food? Thatís what Christopher Greenslate, 28, and Kerri Leonard, 29, wanted to find out. So the couple, both high school social studies teachers, did a month-long dollar-a-day diet experiment:

When we first started talking about doing this, we didnít really have an agenda, or any developed sense of why we wanted to do it. It just seemed like an interesting challenge; one that would force us to see things differently.

We are interested in many of the strands related to this experiment; food choices, consumerism, waste, poverty, social psychology, etc., and this experience may provide insights that could help us better understand and teach about a variety of concerns (we both teach Social Justice in a public high school).

Here are the rules:

1. All food consumed each day must total $1 for each of us.

2. We cannot accept free food or ďdonatedĒ food unless it is available for everyone in our area. (i.e. foraging, samples in stores, dumpster diving)

3. Any food we plant, we pay for.

4. We will do our best to cook a variety of meals; ramen noodles can only be prepared if there is no other way to stay under one dollar. (We have six packages and will buy no more)

5. Should we decide to have guests over for dinner they must eat from our share; meaning they donít get to eat their own dollarís worth of food.

Gingersnap
12-18-2008, 08:02 PM
Okay, I went to the site but it wasn't organized very well so I couldn't see what they actually ate (even in the Food Log). Whatever.

I could do this. It would be way easier if I had the $30 bucks upfront, though. People who are destitute seldom become so destitute that they attempt to eat on one dollar a day. Food stamps offer much more than this. I could panhandle more than this in 15 minutes.

But I bet I could do this on $30 bucks upfront for a month. I wouldn't be eating high off the hog but I wouldn't starve, either. ;)

patriot45
12-18-2008, 08:54 PM
Yeah, there was utter confusion at that site. But who other than moonbats would even try this!