PDA

View Full Version : Alabama Schools May Join Tennessee Schools In Giving Atheists Nightmares

TRG
08-14-2018, 10:58 AM
Some public schools in Alabama may join schools in Tennessee to be the stuff of atheists’ nightmares. The Alabama schools want to erect displays featuring the phrase, “In God We Trust.”

Republican State Rep. David Standridge sponsored the original legislation permitting public bodies to display the “In God We Trust” motto. In February, state legislators passed legislation permitting the schools to follow through on their plans. The Alabama law was implemented on July 1.

Blount County Superintendent Rodney Green said the county could draft a policy forwarding the idea as early as September, as AL.com reported.

Green, who presides over a school system with roughly 8,000 students, stated, “You would think that something that passes the Legislature won’t be challenged in the courtroom but we all know that it can and probably will.”

Annie Laurie Gaylord, co-president of the Madison, Wisconsin-based Freedom from Religion Foundation, complained, “It’s a tsunami of Christian national laws in our country right now. … The upcoming election will say a lot about the direction of our nation. With the Republicans in charge of Congress and so many of these states, we are seeing a constant push for theocracy.”

In March, Tennessee passed a bill requiring all public schools to post “In God We Trust.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/34446/alabama-schools-may-join-tennessee-schools-giving-hank-berrien

enslaved1
08-14-2018, 12:34 PM
Can we start a GoFundMe for airfare to send the freedom from religion foundation to Iran to peddle their outrage? I'd ask where they are when students are immersed in Islam or Buddhism for class assignments, we know the doublethink at work there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TRG
08-14-2018, 03:07 PM
Can we start a GoFundMe for airfare to send the freedom from religion foundation to Iran to peddle their outrage? I'd ask where they are when students are immersed in Islam or Buddhism for class assignments, we know the doublethink at work there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'd be the first to donate to send Mikey Weinstien over to Iraq.

Elspeth
08-16-2018, 04:17 PM
I'd be the first to donate to send Mikey Weinstien over to Iraq.

I'd be the first to donate to send him to hell.

FlaGator
08-16-2018, 06:53 PM
Florida is doing this

All Florida public schools to display 'In God We Trust' motto

Florida students returning to classes this week will see the state’s motto, “In God We Trust,” etched on plaques on campus.

A new statute, part of a sweeping education bill signed into law by Gov. Rick Scott in March, specifically states each school district is required to display the state motto “in all of the schools in the district and in each building used by the district school board.”

The motto must be display conspicuously on school grounds.

The measure was sponsored by Rep. Kimberly Daniels, D-Jacksonville, who runs a Christian ministry. She told the Orlando Sentinel in March the motto is “something so great [that] should not be hidden.”

Story is here (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/15/all-florida-public-schools-to-display-in-god-trust-motto.html)