PDA

View Full Version : Panetta: Trump May Not Have Had the Authority to Revoke Brennanís Security Clearance

Banacek
08-19-2018, 03:07 PM
Sunday on CBSís ďFace the Nation,Ē former CIA director Leon Panetta said that President Donald Trump might have overstepped his authority when he revoked former CIA Director John Brennanís security clearance.

Panetta said ďThe president obviously has power with regards to security clearances. But his power is also limited by an executive order that makes very clear that when it comes to the revocation of a security clearance that it has to be based on national security issues not the politics of somebody, not what that person has said, not how they dress, not how they look but based on national security issues. This president is now going after people, and the indication that I saw is that heís going to provide these names to the press office to use this issue when itís a bad news day so that it can cover that particular news story. I think thatís a real misuse of not only security clearances I think itís a misuse of the office of the president.Ē

Since Brennan lied to the Senate about spying on them it seems clear that there is a potential that he would lie regarding other actions he may have taken. What else could he or would he lie about ? In my opinion he is a potential national security risk.

https://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/08/19/panetta-trump-may-not-have-had-the-authority-to-revoke-brennans-security-clearance/

NJCardFan
08-19-2018, 05:49 PM
Funny how Trump might have overstepped his authority to revoke the security clearance of someone who has no need for it in the first place and yet Obama didn't overtep his authority by bypassing congress on DACA. Amazing how that works.

Rockntractor
08-19-2018, 06:05 PM
Funny how Trump might have overstepped his authority to revoke the security clearance of someone who has no need for it in the first place and yet Obama didn't overtep his authority by bypassing congress on DACA. Amazing how that works.
What is also curious is that he supposedly can't revoke clearances because of a supposed executive order, he is the president, he can rescind executive orders.

Retread
08-19-2018, 09:29 PM
What is also curious is that he supposedly can't revoke clearances because of a supposed executive order, he is the president, he can rescind executive orders.

^^^^^^^^Yep^^^^^^^^^^

old dog
08-19-2018, 11:13 PM
Panetta said “The president obviously has power with regards to security clearances. But his power is also limited by an executive order that makes very clear that when it comes to the revocation of a security clearance that it has to be based on national security issues not the politics of somebody, not what that person has said, not how they dress, not how they look but based on national security issues.

Contrary to Leon Panetta and some Judges in our runaway judicial system. Executive Orders are not "the law of the land" passed by the House and Senate and signed by the president. They are orders from the Chief Executive, Donald J. Trump (in case they forgot) to the Executive branch of the government which are valid if not in direct conflict with existing statutes or the Constitution. The President may abolish or ignore existing executive orders made by him or any previous president whenever he pleases.

I don't believe for a moment that Panetta is a moron or on drugs. His statements (and those of many others) are deliberate lies intended as red meat for the vast anti-Trump coalition AND propaganda for the ever shrinking number of Americans who still believe the mainstream media.