PDA

View Full Version : Baseball question

Phillygirl
12-19-2008, 01:49 PM
I need to buy a graphite baseball bat for a 12 year old. I have no idea what I'm looking for. I see some bats that are upwards of $200. I'm looking for a price range of around 70 - 100 dollars.

Any suggestions on brands, etc.?

Zeus
12-19-2008, 01:53 PM
I need to buy a graphite baseball bat for a 12 year old. I have no idea what I'm looking for. I see some bats that are upwards of $200. I'm looking for a price range of around 70 - 100 dollars.

Any suggestions on brands, etc.?

Good luck on that. About 6 - 7 yrs ago it was imperative that my son had his own graphite baseball bat . Being the tightwad I am we looked high and low before we found the real deal for under $100 and I am sure they haven't gotten cheaper.

Phillygirl
12-19-2008, 01:56 PM
Good luck on that. About 6 - 7 yrs ago it was imperative that my son had his own graphite baseball bat . Being the tightwad I am we looked high and low before we found the real deal for under $100 and I am sure they haven't gotten cheaper.

My sister told me that she thought it would be about $80. I just looked online and the one she said he had had the name "Stealth" on there. It's a $250 bat....and I know there is no way in hades they paid that for a bat for him. It may be another kid's bat that is at there house.

But even that simply amazes me. I'm not trying to be cheap about it, but with 6 nephews and 1 niece, I don't spend that kind of money on each of them. $100 is doable, not $250.

Damn, just damn.