PDA

View Full Version : Cynthia Nixon Camp Says Air Conditioning Use Is ‘Notoriously Sexist’

Banacek
08-29-2018, 03:14 PM
thought we had jumped the shark when a high school mascot, a stallion, was deemed “sexist.” I was wrong.

I thought we had jumped the shark when poverty was deemed “sexist.” I was wrong.

I thought we had jumped the shark when politely requesting a political debate was deemed “sexist.” I was wrong.

I now think we have officially jumped the shark because air conditioning use is “notoriously sexist.” Much to my chagrin, I’ll probably be wrong.

According to a New York Times report, negotiations on the upcoming debate between between Democratic gubernatorial candidate Cynthia Nixon and incumbent Democrat Gov. Andrew Cuomo have already taken a turn for the utterly bizarre.

Now, that probably won’t be a total surprise considering the two involved, but the real debae — the only one Cuomo would agree to against his challenger — hasn’t even started yet.

No, rather, things between the two are getting heated… over cooling.

Nixon, former “Sex and the City” actress, and Cuomo are scheduled to debate on Wednesday. The debate will be organized and hosted by WCBS-TV, a local radio station.

Ahead of the debate, Nixon strategist Rebecca Katz sent an email, reportedly obtained by the Times, asking for the room temperature to be set at exactly 76 degrees.

Katz’s reasoning was… less than ideal.

“(Working conditions are) notoriously sexist when it comes to room temperature, so we just want to make sure we’re all on the same page here,” Katz said.

https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/opinion-cynthia-nixon-camp-says-air-conditioning-use-notoriously-sexist/

DumbAss Tanker
08-29-2018, 04:26 PM
Changing it to suit the woman does not render it nonsexist, it just changes which sex is getting its way.

Retread
08-29-2018, 08:42 PM
Ya know who's got it bad? The staff male in charge of the AC setting in an environment of mixed age females........

noonwitch
08-30-2018, 09:05 AM
I work in an office that is 80% female, from ages 22-70. We used to have a male district secretary and management would send him around the office in the summer to see if everyone was comfortable with the temperature. I used to feel really sorry for him.

The young ones and the 60+ are always cold. The middle aged are always hot. I'm a woman and I admit there is no pleasing us on this one.

It reminds me of a story about the infamous ex "spiritual leader" of my former church. We had a volunteer meeting with her one time in which they had the a/c set really cold. Even in my 20s and 30s, I would get really hot in the summer, but this was cold by my standards. I'm guessing it was set around 60 degrees. When a bunch of us complained, we were told that this is what Marianne wanted and that was that.