PDA

View Full Version : Be Warned: The Latest Racist Scourge Is ‘White People Food’

Banacek
08-30-2018, 03:28 PM
We all know how damn racist food can be. It’s racist to imply back people like food that they like and it’s super-racist for anyone from the Trump administration to eat Mexican food. There is however an even greater scourge threatening the very existence of black people in this country and that is “white people food.” Yes, even the thought of eating healthy but racist white people food is enough to have blacks running to Al Sharpton for some justice.

I don’t know why I am still amazed by the crap The Huffington Post puts out, but here’s a headline that made me spit out my morning coffee: ‘White People Food’ Is Creating An Unattainable Picture Of Health

There’s a perception in the black community that eating healthy means eating like white people, but it doesn’t have to be that way.

The article is somehow dumber than the headline:

Tanisha Gordon doesn’t see what white people love so much about cottage cheese. Or salads, especially when they’re topped with fussy ingredients like candied almonds, pickled carrots or Brussels slaw.

Gordon is a 37-year-old employee at an IT company in the Washington, D.C. area, and until recently, her diet was deeply saturated with fast food ― McDonald’s, Taco Bell, you name it. When her doctor diagnosed her last year with pre-diabetes and prescribed her a CPAP machine to help her sleep through the night, she began working with a nutritionist to clean up her diet. But the lifestyle change she sought would require more than cutting out Chicken McNuggets.

As a black woman, Gordon battled the perception that most of today’s healthy food is “white people food.”

Battle the perception that healthy food is for white people? Food is food. Stuff with a lot of fat and sugar is less healthy than things with less fat and sugar. Carrots don’t see race.

“A lot of the time, when you go to restaurants now, they have these extravagant salads with all these different ingredients in it, like little walnuts and pickled onions ― like the stuff Panera sells. For me personally, that’s like a white person’s food. A lot of the mainstream stuff that’s advertised comes across as being for white people,” said Gordon.

https://downtrend.com/71superb/be-warned-the-latest-racist-scourge-is-white-people-food/

noonwitch
08-30-2018, 03:33 PM
The healthiest food I know of is Middle Eastern food. I guess the Syrian and Lebanese people who run the local ME places are technically white, though. I also think Thai food is pretty healthy, in that it has lots of veggies and makes me drink a lot of water.

I consider fast food to be unhealthy. I'm pretty sure most of the FF chains were founded by white people. McDonalds and KFC, for sure.