PDA

View Full Version : Warning From The Middle East

Rebel Yell
06-19-2008, 01:04 PM
WARNING FROM THE MIDDLE EAST

This morning, from a cave somewhere in Pakistan, Taliban Minister of Migration, Mohammed Omar, warned the United States that if military action against Iraq/Afghanistan continues, Taliban authorities will cut off America's supply of convenience store managers and candidates for President of the United States.

And if this action does not yield sufficient results, cab drivers will be next, followed by Dell and AOL customer service reps., and then Motel 6 managers.

It's getting ugly.

patriot45
06-19-2008, 01:08 PM

This morning, from a cave somewhere in Pakistan, Taliban Minister of Migration, Mohammed Omar, warned the United States that if military action against Iraq/Afghanistan continues, Taliban authorities will cut off America's supply of convenience store managers and candidates for President of the United States.

And if this action does not yield sufficient results, cab drivers will be next, followed by Dell and AOL customer service reps., and then Motel 6 managers.

It's getting ugly.

Uh oh, sounds like the gloves are coming off! :D
How do we fight back against that!?!

Junebug68
06-19-2008, 02:03 PM
The horror, the horror! :D

linda22003
06-19-2008, 02:09 PM
Yes, calling a presidential candidate a member of the Taliban IS getting pretty ugly. It's the sort of thing that will backfire. I agree with Mike Huckabee's comments yesterday.

SarasotaRepub
06-19-2008, 02:17 PM
Convenience store managers? :eek:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

:D

lacarnut
06-19-2008, 02:24 PM

It's getting ugly.

The humor just escapes some people though.

McCain will run a clean campaign but there will be loons on both sides that will go to extremes to try to paint their opponent in the worst possible light. This is going to be a dirty campaign.

linda22003
06-19-2008, 02:31 PM
I think both of the candidates are capable of running a clean campaign. The fact that Obama and McCain sat next to each other and chatted cordially at Tim Russert's funeral indicates that they can both behave well. The bad behavior is outside of the two of them, and unfortunately all around them. It will indeed be a dirty campaign.

Rebel Yell
06-19-2008, 02:50 PM
Yes, calling a presidential candidate a member of the Taliban IS getting pretty ugly. It's the sort of thing that will backfire. I agree with Mike Huckabee's comments yesterday.

It's a joke. You know, hee hee ha ha?

linda22003
06-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Oh, I recognize jokes. In my world, though, they are things that are funny.

LogansPapa
06-19-2008, 02:57 PM

Buuaaahhhaaaa!:p

Rebel Yell
06-19-2008, 03:40 PM

....and Politically Correct.

LogansPapa
06-19-2008, 03:42 PM
....and Politically Correct.

No.....Just funny will do.:cool:

Rebel Yell
06-19-2008, 03:50 PM
No.....Just funny will do.:cool:

I know you go for the politically incorrect stuff, but Linda is to sophisticated for things like that.

noonwitch
06-19-2008, 03:55 PM
I think both of the candidates are capabile of running a clean campaign. The fact that Obama and McCain sat next to each other and chatted cordially at Tim Russert's funeral indicates that they can both behave well. The bad behavior is outside of the two of them, and unfortunately all around them. It will indeed be a dirty campaign.

I totally agree with you about the candidates. I really don't think either one of them wants it to get ugly, and that they might even actually like each other.

I didn't vote for Obama in the primaries, but I don't hate him. I've always liked McCain as a person, even if I don't agree with him on political issues, although the fact that liberals like me like him is why conservatives distrust him.

linda22003
06-19-2008, 04:00 PM
I know you go for the politically incorrect stuff, but Linda is to sophisticated for things like that.

:rolleyes:

Rebel Yell
06-19-2008, 04:06 PM
:rolleyes:

Busted.:o;)

JB
06-19-2008, 04:08 PM
I think both of the candidates are capabile of running a clean campaign. <snip>Hurry up and edit your post before someone points out one of your typos. :rolleyes:

linda22003
06-19-2008, 04:16 PM
Fixed it, thank you! Ever since the new site started, I can barely see the tiny type on the screen. :(

marinejcksn
06-19-2008, 05:52 PM
Out here in Hawaii, our Conveinience Store clerks are local Hawaiian's most of the time. We'll be okay:D

LogansPapa
06-19-2008, 06:04 PM
Out here in Hawaii, our Conveinience Store clerks are local Hawaiian's most of the time. We'll be okay:D

e komo mai :)

marinejcksn
06-19-2008, 06:59 PM
e komo mai :)
Okole Maluna Brah.:D
Picked up a few phrases since I've been stationed here.;)

AmPat
06-20-2008, 08:09 AM
I totally agree with you about the candidates. I really don't think either one of them wants it to get ugly, and that they might even actually like each other.

I didn't vote for Obama in the primaries, but I don't hate him. I've always liked McCain as a person, even if I don't agree with him on political issues, although the fact that liberals like me like him is why conservatives distrust him.

Oh he's likable enough. I believe he is a decent man too. His problem is he is too liberal for the TOP job in the USA.

He has no vision as to what his stated goals will do to the country. He has no concept of predictable, common-sense results of his actions. He is in my opinion way too dangerous politically to get anywhere near the W.H.

He is an above average public speaker who has political momentum based upon, uh, lemme see, oh yeah, change.

LogansPapa
06-20-2008, 10:33 AM
Okole Maluna Brah.:D*

* Bottoms up - Cheers, Brother! :p