PDA

View Full Version : Blagojevich: 'I have done nothing wrong'

ralph wiggum
12-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Gov. Rod Blagojevich said today that he "has done nothing wrong" and will not resign in the face of federal corruption charges.

"I will fight. I will fight. I will fight until I take my last breath," he said. "And I'm not going to quit a job that people hired me to do because of false accusations and a political lynch mob."

Blagojevich, however, did not get into the specifics of the political corruption charges he faces, saying he's "not going to talk about this case in 30-second sound bites...on the TV news."

"I am dying to answer these charges. I am dying to show you how innocent I am," he said.

"I intend to answer every allegation that comes my way. However, I intend to answer them in the appropriate forum: in a court of law. And when I do, I am absolutely certain that I will be vindicated," Blagojevich said.

LINK (http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2008/12/blagojevich-to-hold-2-pm-press-conference.html)

jediab
12-19-2008, 04:07 PM
Please oh please dont step down because every day he is in office, the more of an embarassment he is to the Dems and to Obama. :D

ralph wiggum
12-19-2008, 04:20 PM
Please oh please dont step down because every day he is in office, the more of an embarassment he is to the Dems and to Obama. :D

He's not stepping down, and I agree, the longer he sticks around, the more shit that'll be flung his way and the Democrat party in general.

Molon Labe
12-19-2008, 04:24 PM
He's not stepping down, and I agree, the longer he sticks around, the more shit that'll be flung his way and the Democrat party in general.

And perhaps the more they will dig into it and discover that the big "O" knows more about it than he's lettin' on.

lacarnut
12-19-2008, 05:42 PM
And perhaps the more they will dig into it and discover that the big "O" knows more about it than he's lettin' on.

If the crooked Democratic machine which Obama is a prodigy of knows that Hot Rod has dirt on them, he might wind up in a park with a bullet in head. Of course, it would be suicide. This may get really interesting.

SaintLouieWoman
12-19-2008, 11:12 PM
If the crooked Democratic machine which Obama is a prodigy of knows that Hot Rod has dirt on them, he might wind up in a park with a bullet in head. Of course, it would be suicide. This may get really interesting.

That Vince Foster syndrome should make him afraid, very afraid. But I think he probably has "connections" to counteract it. The Serbians are tough.

PoliCon
12-19-2008, 11:54 PM
should we take up a collection for his defense fund? :D

Speedy
12-19-2008, 11:56 PM
should we take up a collection for his defense fund? :D

Maybe time to once again launch Operation Chaos on a new mission.

PoliCon
12-20-2008, 12:02 AM
Maybe time to once again launch Operation Chaos on a new mission.IMAGINE how many people could well be connected to this scandel! It could take down TONS of people :D

Elspeth
12-20-2008, 08:49 PM
IMAGINE how many people could well be connected to this scandel! It could take down TONS of people :D

Oblahblah won't let that happen. Maybe he'll suggest a nice trip in a small plane to the IL governor.....:cool:

PC Guy
12-20-2008, 11:57 PM

In that case................:D

PoliCon
12-21-2008, 02:37 PM
Oblahblah won't let that happen. Maybe he'll suggest a nice trip in a small plane to the IL governor.....:cool:
or send him for a drive with Kennedy . . .

Joisey
12-21-2008, 06:16 PM
"I have done nothing wrong."

Notice he didn't say I have done nothing illegal.

The word "wrong" gives him wiggle room.

PoliCon
12-21-2008, 11:30 PM
"I have done nothing wrong."

Notice he didn't say I have done nothing illegal.

The word "wrong" gives him wiggle room.He's right though. He didn't do anything wrong. They blew the whistle BEFORE he could actually DO something wrong. He was plotting and planing to do wrong though.

lacarnut
12-25-2008, 02:56 AM
The Feds are going to have to prove he did something illegal and that may be hard. Mouthing off about wanting money for a Senate seat is not a crime unless a deal was struck and payment received. The Governor did receive $25k in campaign contributions from 3 individuals who just happened to get jobs in his administration after he took office. That may be what nails his crooked ass.