PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night...Vet Bill.

SarasotaRepub
12-19-2008, 11:21 PM
LOL!!!

SLW and I just got back from the vet with the 3 hounds. Nothing bad up with the dawgs, they just went in for a yearly checkup and normal shots.

Total damage --- $342 bucks! :eek:

But that includes 4 months of HeartGuard for them also.

Time to kick back with some Maker's Mark, even SLW is having some. :eek::D

SaintLouieWoman
12-19-2008, 11:27 PM
LOL!!!

SLW and I just got back from the vet with the 3 hounds. Nothing bad up with the dawgs, they just went in for a yearly checkup and normal shots.

I had about a half teaspoon. SR tasted it and said it just tasted like 7 Up. It was good, though, just don't like much alcohol in my drinks. :D

It's convenient that the dogs weigh about the same, Xena 60 pounds, Darlene 62, Blue 63. We just got a year's worth of the Heart Guard and split it between the dogs.

That bill also included the special phenobarbital monitoring blood panel for Blue since he takes so many anti-seizure meds.

The vet said that Blue was looking better than he's ever seen him. The girls need to go in soon and get their dentals.

M21
12-20-2008, 12:10 AM
LOL!!!

If it makes you feel any better they gave you a great deal for all of that. I'm not surprised. The things we do for our kids.

lacarnut
12-20-2008, 12:33 AM
LOL!!!

$342 is chump change. I paid all the Vet bills (food, meds & operations) for my ex g.f. pooch for many years. No wonder I have so much extra money now. Supporting her and the dog was expensive.:D

Speedy
12-20-2008, 02:05 AM
Monday Patches (Yvette's Border Collie) and Shorty (my Daschund) go for their check ups, shots and heartworm medicine. Today Patches went to groomer to get his winter trim. Shorty does not go to the groomer. Every few weeks he just gets in the shower with me.

BadCat
12-20-2008, 05:57 PM
We give all our dogs their vaccinations.
You can buy the vaccines with a syringe from Walgreens for about $12.

SaintLouieWoman
12-20-2008, 08:06 PM
$342 is chump change. I paid all the Vet bills (food, meds & operations) for my ex g.f. pooch for many years. No wonder I have so much extra money now. Supporting her and the dog was expensive.:D

I didn't think it was too bad, either, for exams for 3 dogs, shots where needed. They all got their heart worm test, Darlene and Xena got their basic shots, all got their kennel cough drops in the nose, a year's worth (for 1 dog--4 months for our 3 hounds) worth of Heart Guard Plus and Blue's blood panel.

The vet is very nice to me and has always corresponded via email in our mutual effort to help poor Blue in his battle with epilepsy. He's really kept the bills down and is the head vet at a large place that has about 10 vets on staff. They have hours from 6am til 2am, so if the dogs have an emergency, there's only the 4 hours uncovered. That has been important with Blue over the years.

M21
12-21-2008, 12:14 AM
We give all our dogs their vaccinations.
You can buy the vaccines with a syringe from Walgreens for about $12.We (me) used to do the same when we had a litter. My wife, the squeamish breeder, would walk away and tell me to let her know when I was done. I'd knock out the declaws at the same time.