PDA

View Full Version : University of Wisconsin-Madison Students Say Ice Cream Marginalizes Muslim, Vegans

Banacek
09-14-2018, 05:29 PM
Students at the University of Wisconsin-Madison are arguing that the serving of ice cream in facilities like dining halls makes Muslims, Jewish, and vegan students feel unwelcome on campus.

Student council members at the University of Wisconsin-Madison are protesting the campus practice of serving ice cream, which often contains beef gelatin, an ingredient that makes the treat inaccessible to members of certain faiths and diets.

According to a new piece of legislation entitled “Ice Cream for All,” which was first reported on by Campus Reform, the student council argues that the university’s use of standard ice cream is discriminatory against members of the Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, and Buddhist religions — adding in vegetarian communities on campus as well. The legislation argues that the use of ice cream may make members of those communities feel unwelcome on campus.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/09/14/university-of-wisconsin-madison-students-say-ice-cream-marginalizes-muslim-vegans/

Dlr Pyro
09-14-2018, 06:14 PM
A good friend of mine has celiacs disease and cant eat anything with gluten in it. Does he feel marginalized or excluded when he is in a bakery, or burger joint? No. He is a mature and conservative adult and quietly choses a gluten free option, rather than lobby to have all items with gluten removed from the premises because of his affliction.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Angry Old White Man
09-14-2018, 06:53 PM
The only affliction these azz wipes have is their own hatefulness and mental illness that forces them to make trouble for others. There was a time when someone like this one would have gotten the crap slapped out of them. Maybe that's the key to today's spiral, we all got too soft and forgot that people in general do what they are allowed to get away with. They seem to think it is a birth right to be trouble makers

ralph wiggum
09-14-2018, 07:33 PM
So one can suppose getting take out of a pork sandwich and ice cream would be a macro aggression? I'll sign up for that duty.

DumbAss Tanker
09-14-2018, 09:25 PM
If they get between most of those kids and real ice cream, you're damn' straight they're unwelcome.

SVPete
09-15-2018, 08:41 AM
Sounds like an opportunity for food trucks selling breakfast food, BBQ, and ice cream to hang out near the campus!

noonwitch
09-17-2018, 10:57 AM
I don't know of any Jewish or Muslim people who can't eat ice cream because of their religious beliefs. Buddhists and Hindus perhaps as they are more likely to be vegans.

The Muslim restaurants around here serve a rice pudding that is very close to ice cream in taste, texture, and temperature-it's really good and has about half the fat.

FlaGator
09-17-2018, 11:18 AM
I don't know of any Jewish or Muslim people who can't eat ice cream because of their religious beliefs. Buddhists and Hindus perhaps as they are more likely to be vegans.

The Muslim restaurants around here serve a rice pudding that is very close to ice cream in taste, texture, and temperature-it's really good and has about half the fat.

I was about to say that same thing. Those faiths have no issues with beef. It's the Hindu's who can't eat beef. Muslims and Jews are barred from pork.

SVPete
09-17-2018, 12:08 PM
Since when did facts matter to Prog activists?

noonwitch
09-17-2018, 01:38 PM
Since when did facts matter to Prog activists?

It's all about them being vegans. Their feelings got hurt when they got mocked in high school for it, now they have a larger group behind them and they can get even with those meat-eating bullies!

enslaved1
09-17-2018, 01:42 PM
I was about to say that same thing. Those faiths have no issues with beef. It's the Hindu's who can't eat beef. Muslims and Jews are barred from pork.I think some Muslims would argue that the cows for that beef gelatin would have to be properly slaughtered in order for the ice cream to be halal. I could be wrong, though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk