PDA

View Full Version : Womens volleyball

Jumpy
12-20-2008, 08:03 PM
wooohoooo.... PSU womens volleyball are competing for another national championship. Hopefully the mens team will follow in there footsteps again. Anybody else watching the womens finals tonite? My son is great friends with these gals.

Phillygirl
12-20-2008, 08:21 PM
Is it on ESPN? I may take a little watch. I think I told you before, but one of the attorneys I used to work with moved back up there and become their unofficial mascot. He loved those girls. This is a few years back (about 10 I think). But they were very kind to him. He loved the sport (probably because of their uniforms!). About half the team came to his memorial service when he died. Nice girls.

Jumpy
12-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Is it on ESPN? I may take a little watch. I think I told you before, but one of the attorneys I used to work with moved back up there and become their unofficial mascot. He loved those girls. This is a few years back (about 10 I think). But they were very kind to him. He loved the sport (probably because of their uniforms!). About half the team came to his memorial service when he died. Nice girls.

Yes, it is on right now. ESPN. When PSU women competed in the semifinals on Thursday (I think), they had a record number of fans.. 17k watching in person!! yeah, the spandex doesnt hurt.

Phillygirl
12-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Exciting game. How many sets do they play to?

Jumpy
12-20-2008, 08:39 PM
Exciting game. How many sets do they play to?Best of 5.. hopefully PSU will win in 3. :)

Phillygirl
12-20-2008, 08:40 PM
Best of 5.. hopefully PSU will win in 3. :)

I still have a hard time seeing female athletes with makeup on while they're playing.

Jumpy
12-20-2008, 08:48 PM
I still have a hard time seeing female athletes with makeup on while they're playing.
Yeah, it is weird. The hair doesnt match. When I go to watch my son play, the womens team is often there to support the mens team. They look totally different than how they look on tv. They are so pretty IRL, and often are wearing heals, so they dwarf us normal folks.

My son was at the mall last evening, and ran into Kim Glass, the local volleyball olympian.. his classmate. He said that with her heels on, she was taller than him!!! haha!!! He is just shy of 6-6. He loves women who are not ashamed of their height and loves when they stand up straight and wear heels. He loves short women too. hehe.

Phillygirl
12-20-2008, 09:05 PM
Yeah, it is weird. The hair doesnt match. When I go to watch my son play, the womens team is often there to support the mens team. They look totally different than how they look on tv. They are so pretty IRL, and often are wearing heals, so they dwarf us normal folks.

My son was at the mall last evening, and ran into Kim Glass, the local volleyball olympian.. his classmate. He said that with her heels on, she was taller than him!!! haha!!! He is just shy of 6-6. He loves women who are not ashamed of their height and loves when they stand up straight and wear heels. He loves short women too. hehe.

Tall women are incredibly elegant. I think the fact that they play sports and that their height is such an asset to their game helps them to be so comfortable with it.

The girls look pretty even on t.v. with the bad hair. I just don't see the point of makeup when you're playing a sport.

Jumpy
12-20-2008, 09:06 PM
Tall women are incredibly elegant. I think the fact that they play sports and that their height is such an asset to their game helps them to be so comfortable with it.

The girls look pretty even on t.v. with the bad hair. I just don't see the point of makeup when you're playing a sport.

No kidding... and the nails too!!! I saw one PSU player who had long long pink nails. Gross.

JB
12-20-2008, 09:16 PM
As a rule I generally avoid posting in an all chick thread. Since this involves sports I'll make an exception.

Good luck PSU Women.

And you two should be timed out for bringing hair and makeup into the Sports forum. My god is nothing sacred.

Phillygirl
12-20-2008, 09:28 PM
Looks like Penn State may do it in 3!

Phillygirl
12-20-2008, 09:31 PM
I can not believe one of the commentators is a woman.

Phillygirl
12-20-2008, 09:32 PM
As a rule I generally avoid posting in an all chick thread. Since this involves sports I'll make an exception.

Good luck PSU Women.

And you two should be timed out for bringing hair and makeup into the Sports forum. My god is nothing sacred.

Stop gaying up the thread.

ralph wiggum
12-20-2008, 09:44 PM
Are the chicks wearing bikinis like in beach volleyball? I'm not bothering to change the channel unless I can see some skin.

Phillygirl
12-20-2008, 09:53 PM
Whoot Penn State!!

JB
12-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Whoot Penn State!!WTF. You can't even cheer correctly.

Phillygirl
12-20-2008, 09:58 PM
WTF. You can't even cheer correctly.

I wasn't cheering...I was commanding.

Jack Ryan
01-01-2009, 10:29 AM

Good luck PSU Women.

I am probably the only guy that thinks volleyball is an exciting sport to watch.
Watching a volleyball game played by the rules is not at all like watching a backyard volleyball game.

(And the uniforms are pretty good too.)

Jumpy
01-02-2009, 03:08 PM
I am probably the only guy that thinks volleyball is an exciting sport to watch.
Watching a volleyball game played by the rules is not at all like watching a backyard volleyball game.

(And the uniforms are pretty good too.) The PSU womens volleyball team is always crowded with spectators, so you can't be the only guy who loves to watch. (they won the national championship AGAIN--- hoping for the same again from the mens team) The spandex and looooong legs on the women don't hurt though. I wish we could bring in the same crowds for the mens matches.

My son leaves for Hawaii tomorrow.. the men's season is officially starting!!!! I am sooo nervous.

wiegenlied
01-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Im so glad Penn State defeated Stanford. Just last summer they met Pres. Bush.

Go Nittany Lions!

It was disappointing Penn State didnt win the Rose Bowl yesterday :(

Jumpy
01-04-2009, 09:11 PM
Im so glad Penn State defeated Stanford. Just last summer they met Pres. Bush.

Go Nittany Lions!

It was disappointing Penn State didnt win the Rose Bowl yesterday :( Yeah.. i started a thread about it when my sons team went to the White House. :rolleyes: Youd have to search back to see why I roll my eyes.

wiegenlied
01-05-2009, 02:32 AM
Yeah.. i started a thread about it when my sons team went to the White House. :rolleyes: Youd have to search back to see why I roll my eyes.

I read it.

Donít be too upset, there will be another chance to return to the White House again this year and the year after, only the president will be different this time. :D

Hehe, wonder which one your son is: #2 TC, #13 RS, #14 RW, #15 JS or #17 JS? :p

Everything aside, congratulations to both you and your son!