PDA

View Full Version : Drinking Poison: Why Has Turpentine Become A Modern Health Craze?

Banacek
09-26-2018, 05:37 PM
When you think of turpentine, you probably think of a common paint thinner found in hardware stores.

CBS2’s Mary Calvi reports that, in its pure form, pure gum spirit of turpentine was once used as a form of medicine centuries ago. Today, it’s back as a controversial new wellness treatment.

Azmyth Kaminski is a healing consultant who takes it as an internal cleanse.

Pure gum spirit of turpentine is a controversial alternative treatment for stomach or intestinal issues like parasites or yeast infections.

The therapy is unusual and considered by many experts to be questionable, but there are believers who ingest it by saturating and chewing on sugar cubes. Actress Tiffany Haddish touted turpentine’s benefits in a recent article, saying “everything felt so much better, clarity wise.”

Kaminski documented his own turpentine experience on YouTube.

“It turned out really well for me… I went for 44 days on this turpentine cleanse,” he claimed

The next Youtube challenge ?

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/09/25/drinking-poison-turpentine-health-craze/

Angry Old White Man
09-26-2018, 06:07 PM
Sorry but Wild Turkey beats Turpentine hands down :biggrin-new:

DumbAss Tanker
09-26-2018, 09:59 PM
1., They're idiots, 2., put it in a shot of Jaeger and you'll never know the difference, and 3., I don't know whether the turpentine or the Jaeger is actually worse.

ralph wiggum
09-26-2018, 11:24 PM
Sorry but Wild Turkey beats Turpentine hands down :biggrin-new:Old Crow would even be better than turpentine.

noonwitch
09-28-2018, 08:57 AM
In a society where people are willing to have poison injected under their skin to decrease the appearance of wrinkles, anything involving poison is possible. Maybe we'll return to lead-based cosmetics? I know where they can get the water to process it.

movie buff
09-29-2018, 05:27 PM
I can't say I'm particularly surprised that Tiffany Haddish is promoting it.
Her lack of any kind of talent or intelligence certainly suggest someone who enjoys chugging turpentine.