PDA

View Full Version : Suffering Sunday

biccat
12-21-2008, 08:04 AM
Sitting in my wife's parent's house this morning, finished with one Christmas tradition and waiting on another one to get ready. Drove through a heck of a winter storm to get here on Friday, but we made it. We went from Iowa with ice and a couple inches of snow to Michigan, where my grandparents reported they had received 11" of snow, with another 3-5 inches overnight.

Glad we're done there.

TOTD:

When you visit relatives, where do you stay? Are there too many of you to stay at your relatives' house, so you all camp out at a hotel? Do you prefer the intimacy (and less expense) of staying at a relative's house, or is it nice to get a break from all of the family?

SarasotaRepub
12-21-2008, 09:09 AM
It's friggen 5 here right now. No more need be said. :eek::D

Never had any relatives in other states to worry about during the holiday so it was never an issue.

Now with my folks in FL and us up here...who knows. Not this year though.

RobJohnson
12-21-2008, 01:03 PM
It's 54 outside and only 9:46....Should hit 70. :D

I did have to move a patio rug, so it would dry, but no snow to deal with.

Last Thursday my mother had some health issues that resulted in treatment for a URI and asthma...she has had a rough month and it's keeping me busy.

I have Today and Tomorrow off work.....sales are up....let's just say my numbers are beating numbers in much larger towns...of course, with consumers looking for good deals, volumne is the key...last year's profit sharing 401k match was 330%....for each dollar you put in, they put in $3.30...hopefully it is the same or better this year...as I was not there last year!!!

I work with a gung-ho Jehovah's witness that brags about how they can't celebrate holidays...so I asked her if I could have her holiday pay!!! :D

TOTD: I have done both...it's always neat to stay at the families house, and I tend to enjoy that the most, especially at my Sister's in NE...

Bubba Dawg
12-21-2008, 01:10 PM
The temp here is about 40 degrees but the wind is gusting up to 40 mph and the sustained winds are pretty stiff too. The power has blipped a couple of times. Hope we don't lose it totally.

Sometimes we stay with family or friends, sometimes we stay in a motel. Usually I prefer a motel with wireless internet, a TV with cable, and an ice machine.

asdf2231
12-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Hotels.

Always.

It's easier on the kids being able to unwind in some space they can call their own. Easier on the big people too.

Plus my relatives don't have indoor swimming pools. :)

MrsSmith
12-21-2008, 04:28 PM
TOTD: If at all possible, we stay with relatives. We don't make long visits, a night or two, but most of the relatives are far enough from any town that a hotel is out of the question. We just pack air mattresses and sleeping bags...and let the kids run off extra energy outside. :D

SarasotaRepub
12-21-2008, 06:32 PM
It's back down to single digits here! A lovely 9. :D

BadCat
12-21-2008, 07:20 PM
It's back down to single digits here! A lovely 9. :D

I will refrain from telling you what it was like in Phoenix today.

SarasotaRepub
12-21-2008, 07:22 PM
I will refrain from telling you what it was like in Phoenix today.

Thank you! :D

RobJohnson
12-21-2008, 10:52 PM
I finally had to close a window when the sun started to go down.